Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Royal Cayman Islands Police Vacancies

Royal Cayman Islands Police Vacancies

Old Jan 10th 2012, 11:42 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Royal Cayman Islands Police Vacancies

Originally Posted by frustratedModPlod
To be fair, they did say that if my application was un-succesfull, then I would not hear anything. So it's safe to assume it was so and I'll not apply if they recruit again..... Too many horror stories on here

A friend once said to me that one door closes because a bigger and better one is going to open - so I hope that is the case for you modplod - and also becomes the case for everyone else who either didn't get the job or felt they had to turn down the job offer.

I had a quick read of the Police Arbitration findings today - OMG Winsor really does want to screw over police officers - in fcat if it were up to him I think he would make police officers work for minimum wage ! I found myself feeling such a sense of disgust I had to stop reading it.

It's no wonder so many are trying to escape to police other parts of the world.

Dread - x
Old Jan 11th 2012, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

frustratedModPlod is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
A friend once said to me that one door closes because a bigger and better one is going to open - so I hope that is the case for you modplod - and also becomes the case for everyone else who either didn't get the job or felt they had to turn down the job offer.

I had a quick read of the Police Arbitration findings today - OMG Winsor really does want to screw over police officers - in fcat if it were up to him I think he would make police officers work for minimum wage ! I found myself feeling such a sense of disgust I had to stop reading it.

It's no wonder so many are trying to escape to police other parts of the world.

Dread - x
Thanks Dread
Old Jan 16th 2012, 12:22 am
Just Joined

JB 375 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,
I'm new to posting on this site but have kept an eye on it for a while and would like to offer my thoughts for those thinking of coming out to Cayman.
I've been out here with my family for 16 months, having visited several times before and I did just short of 9 years in the Uk Police.
It is a very different way of life and work but for me the positives vastly out weigh the negatives.
I'm not going to try and answer other negative comments as everyone has had their own experiences but if anyone has a question they would like answered, post or PM me and I'll do my best to answer.
To those that are waiting for replies from HR please keep pestering them - it will be good training should you decide to come out!
Old Jan 20th 2012, 12:48 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi JB375

Welcome to BE, and good to hear you are enjoying life in the Caymans with your family.
Certainly the weather beats the grot in the UK any day and if you have kids they can enjoy much more of life outdoors. Like you say everyone's experience is different.

I see you have asked for people to PM you if they have questions - they won't be able to do this yet as you cannot use the private messaging service until you have made 3 posts. Maybe if you do one post answering this one, then do another telling us of some of the things you are particularly liking in the Caymans, then you will be able to send and receive pm's.

Regards

Dread - x
Old Jan 26th 2012, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

golfer24 is an unknown quantity at this point

6 weeks after my telephone interview with nothing heard I finally emailed RCIP hr today as to whether I had been successful
Old Feb 1st 2012, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

Dread, thanks for the advice!
Old Feb 1st 2012, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

Golfer - Keep pressing, I know it's frustrating but things work a fair bit slower out here and the HR department is going through some changes right now!
Old Feb 1st 2012, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

Got my reply today. I was unsuccessful .......guess it saved me making a very tough decision
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by golfer24
Got my reply today. I was unsuccessful .......guess it saved me making a very tough decision
Sorry to hear that Golfer. I almost feel your disappointment.
I hope for you it's a case of one door closing because another bigger and better one will open soon.

All the best

Dread - x
Old Mar 9th 2012, 11:47 am
Just Joined

"Evening All!!"

Got an email from the RCIPS yesterday!! They are currently reviewing their potential recruitment applications and would like to know if I want an interview

Is this a good thing or have they scraped the bottom of the barrel and found my application.........

Answers on a post card please.. LOL
Old Mar 9th 2012, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

Your decision, glad mine was made for me in the end. I think they are a disgrace to be honest in not letting me know for so many weeks.

I think now if I had gone I would be back in uk by now.
Old Mar 9th 2012, 10:41 pm

"Evening All!!"

Got an email from the RCIPS yesterday!! They are currently reviewing their potential recruitment applications and would like to know if I want an interview

Is this a good thing or have they scraped the bottom of the barrel and found my application.........

Ah Modplod - you can't be that bad surely !!!
Hey are you Modplod in the South ?

Dread - x
Old Mar 10th 2012, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

RSthetruth is an unknown quantity at this point

"Evening All!!"

Mod plod, do yourself a favour and politely ask them why there was such a delay and no communication.

If they didn't want you before, but are interested now ask them what's changed their thinking? Because you're still the same applicant as before, if you weren't good enough then why are you now?

You see what I'm getting at?

Ask in a nice but affirmative way, they've messed you about already.
And these are fair questions.
Old Mar 11th 2012, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by RSthetruth
Mod plod, do yourself a favour and politely ask them why there was such a delay and no communication.

If they didn't want you before, but are interested now ask them what's changed their thinking? Because you're still the same applicant as before, if you weren't good enough then why are you now?

You see what I'm getting at?

Ask in a nice but affirmative way, they've messed you about already.
And these are fair questions.

Fair points well made and all ready considered I'll report back.... if they reply.......
Old Mar 11th 2012, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Ah Modplod - you can't be that bad surely !!!
Hey are you Modplod in the South ?

Dread - x
Yes I am. Plod Modding in the garden of England

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.