Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Royal Cayman Islands Police Vacancies

Royal Cayman Islands Police Vacancies

Old Nov 8th 2011, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

sanchezj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Royal Cayman Islands Police Vacancies

Originally Posted by Short fat Black rat
Well the interview seemed to go well. they said that they would pay a relocation allowance, housing, and insurance. They would out me up for a week when i got out there to give me time to find some suitable accom. The panel sounded very positive, and i talked for britian, but I enjoy interviews ( bit warped I know...)

They spent a bit of time checking out what research I'd done and they did ask me if I knew what I was getting myself into. To be honest, I'm not sure that I do!!!

Although they wouldnt commit on shifts, they did say that OSG would similar to an unarmed TSG, and you responded to demand. I take it that'll probably be searching murder scenes, and working every friday and saturday night. not too fond of that idea.....

I'm really taking on board from you guys with all the knowledge, and as nice as seven mile beach is, I'm not sure its worth exposing my family to the risk....
Hi, just wondering what they focussed on in the interview other than whether you had researched the job? Was it competency based, give an example when... or was it giving scenarios and asking what you would do?

thanks in advance.
sanchez
Old Nov 8th 2011, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

Thebigguy1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sanchezj
Hi, just wondering what they focussed on in the interview other than whether you had researched the job? Was it competency based, give an example when... or was it giving scenarios and asking what you would do?

thanks in advance.
sanchez
I had afo interview, basically I had questions on use of force and giving examples! Integrity like what would you do if your colleague wanted to do shopping on duty! How would you work you way into a team environment! Diversity questions, with examples of how dealt with or would deal with these issues!
Also research the force as questions will be asked!
Old Nov 8th 2011, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Thebigguy1979
I had afo interview, basically I had questions on use of force and giving examples! Integrity like what would you do if your colleague wanted to do shopping on duty! How would you work you way into a team environment! Diversity questions, with examples of how dealt with or would deal with these issues!
Also research the force as questions will be asked!
answers much appreciated bigguy, i've been reading up on rcips and recent policing issues, so that should be ok. and i've had the conflict management model shoved down my throat for years so that should be fine.

Thanks for all the different points of view. Still not sure what to do if i got the opportunity though.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

Short fat Black rat is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks in advance.
sanchez
To be honest, it was the usual police interview stuff. Give and example of dealing with conflict, what if one of you colleagues said that and that, and give an example of complex report writing etc...
Good luck if your interview is coming up.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

Thebigguy1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

answers much appreciated bigguy, i've been reading up on rcips and recent policing issues, so that should be ok. and i've had the conflict management model shoved down my throat for years so that should be fine.

Thanks for all the different points of view. Still not sure what to do if i got the opportunity though.
If you single and can get career break then go for it! I did 2 years with un through work and saw the world, if you have a gf, they won't pay for her she would have to get a visa and job! If wife then they'll pay!
Worth a punt if u have career break, and I mentioned this site and they said things have changed in last year!

Another alternative is looking into un security, 60k a year tax free, penguin after 5 years and you can see the world too doing that!

All depends on family, my gf is not too keen as reality of interview hit! So thats the big point to consider
Old Nov 9th 2011, 7:20 am
Just Joined

RSthetruth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Thebigguy1979
If you single and can get career break then go for it! I did 2 years with un through work and saw the world, if you have a gf, they won't pay for her she would have to get a visa and job! If wife then they'll pay!
Worth a punt if u have career break, and I mentioned this site and they said things have changed in last year!Another alternative is looking into un security, 60k a year tax free, penguin after 5 years and you can see the world too doing that!

All depends on family, my gf is not too keen as reality of interview hit! So thats the big point to consider
Interesting point made there. I notice they didn't poo poo the site and the comments made previously by declaring it was all total nonsense.

No, instead they say it's 'changed in the last year'.

That says it all really.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 9:08 am
Just Joined

Mick1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, I've had my phone interview and it went all right I think. I do have a few concerns as they said that the contracts are dependant on the economic situation remaining stable. Future contracts are also dependant on this. I've made some enquiries with HR and the chances of getting a career break are slim to nil. It's likely that I would have to resign. This is worrying as my force is losing staff not recruiting. I am keen to have a change and give it a go but not having a job to return to if it all goes wrong is too big a risk. I'd be interested to.hear if other forces have the same career break rules.

Cheers Mick
Old Nov 9th 2011, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future

Mick,

I was with North Wales for 14 years and moved to Edmonton Police, Canada last October. I was lucky as North Wales had built it into their career break policy, enabling officers to resign to join international police agencies with an option of up to 5 years to return (preferential re-join).

Regards

Nige
Old Nov 10th 2011, 5:55 am
Just Joined

Thanks Nige, Nothing like that at West Mercia. I will contact HR later though.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mick1977
Thanks Nige, Nothing like that at West Mercia. I will contact HR later though.
Mick, was it just one person you were interviewed by? I remember someone said they spoke to 3 people in their hour long interview.

Also, surely west mercia can afford to give you a career break, i'm sure i saw a Jaguar patrol car the other day. Nothing like our dodgy pathfinders.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

Exclamation Re: Royal Cayman Islands Police Vacancies

Sanchez. There were 3 people on the interview with the usual UK type board questions. I think my force have overspent on flash cars. Austerity measures are now in place.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 7:14 am
Just Joined

RSthetruth is an unknown quantity at this point

Mick,
I recently read this article:
http://http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11260449
And noticed that West Mercia will be looking to loose 300 posts, 100 of them officers.
I'm not sure once you left (w/o a career break) would you have much chance of returning?

Then what happens when these cuts are felt in the overseas terrotories?
Will they keep the expats or the locals...? Hmmm....?
Old Nov 11th 2011, 10:36 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks

Congrats to all of you who appear to have done well at interview.

In the economic climate in the UK at the moment, I would strongly advise everyone to ensure they can get the career break rather than resign - there are so many cuts in every force, and over the next 2 - 3 years the cuts are predicted to be greater.

MAKE SURE that you get everything in writing from RCIPS before you commit yourselves - RCIPS have been known in the past to be a little lacksadaisical in putting things in contract form and many have gone and found that verbal promises and agreements have not materialised.

Finally ensure that you sort out your UK Police pension - I seem to recall that you may still be able to make contributions - but check this before you go.

And for those who choose to go for it, I wish you all the very best success

Dread - x
Old Nov 15th 2011, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

It's Official with regard to career breaks HR says no..... Don't know what I'm going to do. I need a change but is it too much of a risk. Has anyone else got a career break recently? I would also like to hear from anyone who has rejoined after a stint with the RCIPS how easy was it to get back in?
Old Nov 15th 2011, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

frustratedModPlod is an unknown quantity at this point

Still heard nothing. Sod 'em

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.