Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

ROYAL CAYMAN ISLANDS POLICE SERVICE

ROYAL CAYMAN ISLANDS POLICE SERVICE

Old Aug 12th 2010, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

ESTM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ROYAL CAYMAN ISLANDS POLICE SERVICE

Originally Posted by mbeb
Found out this evening a start of night shift - successful in interview and offered DC post!!! HAPPY DAYS......they want people to start on 1st November 2010! (mail received in my account approx 1900 hrs).

Fingers crossed for everyone else.

Well done mate, thats great news.

What else did the email say? does it mention anything about your contract details ie pay ect?

November the 1st thats well quick, only 2 months basically, is that 100%, do you reckon thats when the PC's would start?

So many questions, sorry buddy hahaha
Old Aug 12th 2010, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Jeffsey is an unknown quantity at this point

Found out this evening a start of night shift - successful in interview and offered DC post!!! HAPPY DAYS......they want people to start on 1st November 2010! (mail received in my account approx 1900 hrs).

Fingers crossed for everyone else.

Mbeb.
Congrats mate. Are you gonna accept?
Do you mind me asking what length of service you have?
Jeffsey
Old Aug 12th 2010, 11:31 am
Just Joined

mbeb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ESTM
Well done mate, thats great news.

What else did the email say? does it mention anything about your contract details ie pay ect?

November the 1st thats well quick, only 2 months basically, is that 100%, do you reckon thats when the PC's would start?

So many questions, sorry buddy hahaha
The mail was very brief, but I took from it that everyone will be starting on the 1st Nov in bulk from the way it read.

Contract details to follow once I had accepted, but I will be working in the main CID office.

Does anyone know where I can find information about their pay scales, can't find anything on the internet?

Jeff - reference me, I've got 10 years service with 5 years of that as a Crime FLO which seemed apparent in interview that they were interested in.

Last edited by mbeb; Aug 12th 2010 at 12:10 pm.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Jeffers, im sorry to hear that buddy i really did think you were the man for the job.

I hope you come out from the pool selection they have mentioned in the future.

Does anyone know if LILS got any news, i know he is another guy that had an interview the same time?
Old Aug 12th 2010, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

lils is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Folks,

Same result as Jeffsey.

Good Luck to all who go.

Lils
Old Aug 12th 2010, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Jeffsey is an unknown quantity at this point

The mail was very brief, but I took from it that everyone will be starting on the 1st Nov in bulk from the way it read.

Contract details to follow once I had accepted, but I will be working in the main CID office.

Does anyone know where I can find information about their pay scales, can't find anything on the internet?

Jeff - reference me, I've got 10 years service with 5 years of that as a Crime FLO which seemed apparent in interview that they were interested in.
Are you going to accept it without knowing what salary etc they will offer you?
Will you be going out there on your own.
I too am FLO trained but was not meant to be
Old Aug 12th 2010, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Well done all the same mate, I couldnt find any pay scales either for a PC role when i did my research, the same for a DC. With ten years in i imagine you wouldnt get the bottom end offered, which i think was $32,000, the same for a PC.

Me and Stenev might hear something tomorrow about possible interviews ill let you know buddy.

Cant believe it would be the 1st of November, thats only round the corner!
Old Aug 12th 2010, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jeffsey
Are you going to accept it without knowing what salary etc they will offer you?
Will you be going out there on your own.
I too am FLO trained but was not meant to be
Hi ya,

they did mention the salary in the e-mail, just not terms and conditions. Not overly comfortable talking about self or salaries in a public forum I guess.

I am sorry you didn't get it, as I thought with the fraud and length of service you would be ideal - did they give you any feedback into the reason why? If not perhaps that would be a good idea to ask? Incase you wanted to try again?

Old Aug 12th 2010, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Well done all the same mate, I couldnt find any pay scales either for a PC role when i did my research, the same for a DC. With ten years in i imagine you wouldnt get the bottom end offered, which i think was $32,000, the same for a PC.

Me and Stenev might hear something tomorrow about possible interviews ill let you know buddy.

Cant believe it would be the 1st of November, thats only round the corner!
Good luck, fingers crossed for you both
Old Aug 13th 2010, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

Hi ya,

they did mention the salary in the e-mail, just not terms and conditions. Not overly comfortable talking about self or salaries in a public forum I guess.

I am sorry you didn't get it, as I thought with the fraud and length of service you would be ideal - did they give you any feedback into the reason why? If not perhaps that would be a good idea to ask? Incase you wanted to try again?

Thats seems fair enough! i dont blame you, as long as its enough for you i guess

Have you managed to get a career break, or are you in the process of it, due to cuts i think it might be alittle easier to get one than before.

Im going to ring HR tonight so ill let you all know whats going on about PC roles.
Old Aug 13th 2010, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

Thats seems fair enough! i dont blame you, as long as its enough for you i guess

Have you managed to get a career break, or are you in the process of it, due to cuts i think it might be alittle easier to get one than before.

Im going to ring HR tonight so ill let you all know whats going on about PC roles.
Hi,

I am happy to disclose things, to people face to face but being new to forums its a little too impersonal - nothing personal (excuse pun).

I've put for in for a CB, which Area are supporting, so it will be those at FHQ for the final decision. My Force recently turned down a civilian for one, unsure of reason why, but reason was nothing like this. Everyone I work with is very positive and the local Council are asking people to take CB. I know they don't employ the police, but indirectly they pay our wages and they looking to make cuts everywhere. Will be reassured when I know either way - I am making plans though for a departure- Got to remain positive.

let me know how you get on - was your wife going for a job too or was that Steve?
Old Aug 15th 2010, 11:25 am
Banned

traffcop is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - just been offered FCU (last week) didn't want to show my face just in case I got a knock back!
Have already accepted and sold my car....!!!

I got 5 years experience with Essex, 3 with Traffic but need a change.
Can't wait
Are we meeting up for a drinkie poos before hand?
Old Aug 15th 2010, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by traffcop
Hi - just been offered FCU (last week) didn't want to show my face just in case I got a knock back!

Can't wait
WOW wee, congrats, I'm in Kent. Meeting with my Area Commander tom to discuss my career break. Happy to meet up, going on hols this weekend though but anytime Sept onwards. If you want to talk/email happy to exchange details via the email system on here. I think we are the only two so far.

House is going on the market this week!!!
Old Aug 17th 2010, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

stenev is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by traffcop

Can't wait
Hi traffic cop,

you did well pal getting FCU after being a traffic with only 5 yrs exp - not even a DC !!!

Seems abit unbelievable to be honest, not sure if you're genuine but if you've been following this forum you'll have seen it's been plagued by a couple of complete tools 'copout' n 'sundried' aka 'Matt', so sorry for being sus

Mbeb - congrats mate - but becareful who you trust on here
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 7:31 am
Just Joined

Dr Fish is just really niceDr Fish is just really niceDr Fish is just really niceDr Fish is just really niceDr Fish is just really niceDr Fish is just really niceDr Fish is just really niceDr Fish is just really nice

I have been invited to a telephone interview in September, I assume this is not the main interview. Has anyone had one of these yet.
This is for the Police Constable post.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.