Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Royal Cayman Islands Police Recruiting

Royal Cayman Islands Police Recruiting

Old Feb 11th 2021, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

KayDew is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Royal Cayman Islands Police Recruiting

Originally Posted by Baz
My ‘training’ (I use that term loosely), was a couple of days being confused by a Sgt who was tasked to run me through local legislation. That was about it, then I just went out on the road and figured it out for myself. When I was there I found the role far less complex than the role in the UK, or Oz where I am at the moment for that matter, so it was very easy to pick up.

I think I was just shy of five years too (about 4.5), it didn’t make any difference.
I thought it would take a bit longer to get to grips with the local legislation and procedure. Learning on the job sounds good to me! Do our response driving courses transfer?

Originally Posted by Jamesy5008
Kay Dew, where do you currently work?
I work in Edinburgh! Storm Darcy is making the move all the more appealing...
Old Feb 13th 2021, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KayDew
I thought it would take a bit longer to get to grips with the local legislation and procedure. Learning on the job sounds good to me! Do our response driving courses transfer?

I work in Edinburgh! Storm Darcy is making the move all the more appealing...
Well it isn't Edinburgh. It's an eye opener. LOTS to consider before coming here.
Old Mar 15th 2021, 10:42 am
Just Joined

JoT72130 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

I have seen caymans have an open application process at the moment.

I have emailed some questions (such as my husband was an inspector but when we moved from Essex to wales he couldn’t transfer so he’s now deputy director at a prison and been out 2 years so could he apply) but I’ve just had a blank auto response email from the hr email.

if he couldn’t he works for G4S so it might be he could obtain a transfer from within there.

would be moving with a 2 year old. I have seen they are looking for specific financial investigators and I’m a DC with financial accreditation so hoping I could follow that role instead of uniform.

just looking to start some conversations about way of life and people with real experiences.
Old Mar 18th 2021, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you looked back at all the previous threads on RCIPS?
Old Mar 18th 2021, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jamesy5008
Have you looked back at all the previous threads on RCIPS?
Hi

yes I’ve read this thread and searched rcips but the others haven’t had any comments since last March at the latest so was hoping to catch people who have made the move Recently or are looking to move this time.
Old Mar 19th 2021, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

It costs a mint to live here.

You'll both need to work.

It takes a year to even begin to adjust to the culture and being so far from home.

Childcare/nursery fees will take a huge chunk of your wage.

It's a once in a lifetime move but it's NOT for everyone.
Old Mar 19th 2021, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

Nursery fees take over £1000 a month of our wages now so that part doesn’t put Me off.

and yes both my husband and I will work - we are only mid 30s so a long time of work ahead of us yet.
Old Mar 20th 2021, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

Well I think you have enough posts now to PM people. There are a few on here who can answer your questions.
Old May 19th 2021, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

hylandstephen23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ianmcdoh
I'm so annoyed I only noticed this post a couple days ago and the link was already taken down!

I emailed them directly but was told I was too late and they could only hold my application(including references from current superiors) on file, I obviously decided against doing that as I don't want my superiors knowing too much about my intentions!

Anyone any idea how often they advertise these positions?

Regards,
Irish Copper
Hey mate,

Did you ever do anything about this? asking cause im in the same job as yourself and looking at other options.