Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Royal Cayman Islands Police Recruiting

Royal Cayman Islands Police Recruiting

Old Apr 17th 2019, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

Lookingforsunshine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Royal Cayman Islands Police Recruiting

Originally Posted by jim2001
They haven't bothered replying to me, sent 3 emails and got automatic replies.

Has taught me that they obviously dont care enough to even reply to someone, so have decided not to waste my time on RCIPS

No wonder they struggle for applicants when they dont even have the decency to reply

AVOID
yep it is concerning... we put it down to them being busy over the Royal Visit etc but we want to know where we stand so we can make plans for the future etc..
Old Apr 19th 2019, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Nairobi Jack is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like a good opportunity and must be nice weather and seas. I'm really into Jamaica though and Bahamas as I like the history and culture of those places plus the rum! I tried contacting both police forces but heard nothing back.
Old Apr 19th 2019, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Nairobi Jack
Sounds like a good opportunity and must be nice weather and seas. I'm really into Jamaica though and Bahamas as I like the history and culture of those places plus the rum! I tried contacting both police forces but heard nothing back.
we truly love the Caribbean, the weather and culture and definately the people. Just at this moment in our lives we wish they were not so laid back lol
Old Apr 23rd 2019, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by notbrazil
admin snip to remove.
Originally Posted by Nairobi Jack
admin snip to remove
thank you both for hijacking my post.. this will detract from real posters giving me any real feedback!
Old Apr 23rd 2019, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

I'll point out that my original post was entirely relevant and about Caribbean policing - <admin snip and adjust>
on a positive note I'd say Cayman islands is a good move for anyone and a unique opportunity. I think from viewing the website it's a professional organisation with a mix of British police hierarchy US influence in tactics and equipment like patrol cars and local Caribbean culture. I'd say just do it!

Last edited by BEVS; Apr 24th 2019 at 4:54 am. Reason: Getting the OPs thread back on track
Old Apr 23rd 2019, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

notbrazil is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lookingforsunshine
thank you both for hijacking my post.. this will detract from real posters giving me any real feedback!
Apologies - <admin snip and adjust>

Anyway, I have also emailed RCIPS HR (managed to get a personal email for someone in HR from a contact out there, can't share it unfortunately) and have had nothing back at all from them. I am going out to Cayman next week for a visit and I have been trying to get some sort of meeting arranged whilst I'm there. I'll post back if I hear anything relevant to the current recruitment process.

I would only really be interested if they were offering the higher end of the advertised salary - the lower end would not be much to live on out there considering the cost of living. I also want to find out if they are taking people as Sergeants as I know they have done previously for some roles. It's disappointing that they aren't even replying to emails after posting a public job advert.

Last edited by BEVS; Apr 24th 2019 at 4:55 am. Reason: To get the OPs thread back on track.
Old Apr 24th 2019, 4:51 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I will split the conversation out for you to leave your own topic clear.

Nairobi & Notbrazil will be able to continue their chat in the new thread I create for it -----> HERE

cheers.
Old May 7th 2019, 8:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by notbrazil
Apologies - <admin snip and adjust>

Anyway, I have also emailed RCIPS HR (managed to get a personal email for someone in HR from a contact out there, can't share it unfortunately) and have had nothing back at all from them. I am going out to Cayman next week for a visit and I have been trying to get some sort of meeting arranged whilst I'm there. I'll post back if I hear anything relevant to the current recruitment process.

I would only really be interested if they were offering the higher end of the advertised salary - the lower end would not be much to live on out there considering the cost of living. I also want to find out if they are taking people as Sergeants as I know they have done previously for some roles. It's disappointing that they aren't even replying to emails after posting a public job advert.
did you get to Cayman? Where you able to gain any insight into the current recruitment timescales?
Old May 7th 2019, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

notbrazil is an unknown quantity at this point

did you get to Cayman? Where you able to gain any insight into the current recruitment timescales?
I was there, absolutely loved it. However I didn't get very far. Called in to the HQ on my first day to try and get speaking to someone from HR - waited all week for a response but got nothing.

I did manage to speak with a couple of officers on an informal basis, but nothing from HR.

Seems the job advert on the RCIPS site refers to another advert that should be on the CI government recruitment website that should contain the application form. This advert hasn't been posted. I'm guessing that they aren't actually recruiting at this time, but they seem reluctant to confirm either way.

All in all, a very strange way of operating that will undoubtedly put people off. I gathered from speaking to officers out there that they are very short too.
Old May 8th 2019, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond repute

Please feel free to PM me. I'm currently there as a uniformed cop.
Old May 21st 2019, 7:35 am
Just Joined

ianmcdoh is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone got any updates on any current recruitment drives, I emailed them directly a few days ago and I haven't hears anything back as of yet. The site appears to be outdated however their facebook page suggests they had an employment fair locally about recruitment. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Am I right in thinking they are now offering permanent contracts as opposed to 3 years contracts?

regards,
ian
Old May 21st 2019, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Local Officer Recruitment

says you have to be resident of Cayman
Old May 21st 2019, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

ianmcdoh is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm referring to the experienced officer recruitment not the local one
Old May 21st 2019, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

keekthegeek is an unknown quantity at this point

locals are not on contract, if your from the uk like me you only now get a 2 year contract.
hope this helps
keiron
Old Jun 9th 2019, 7:53 am
Just Joined

Fred Michaelson is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Thinking of making the move, I have a wife and 2 children under 10, need to know what the schools are like there? Also are all moving costs paid for? How do you arrange accommodation, is it something you gave to do yourself before you arrive?

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.