Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Royal Cayman Islands Police Recruiting

Royal Cayman Islands Police Recruiting

Old Dec 15th 2017, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

keekthegeek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Royal Cayman Islands Police Recruiting

Whos ur friend they from the uk as well ??
Old Dec 18th 2017, 11:01 am
Just Joined

Newcastle3767 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not able to make the date offered by RCIPS and have asked for an alternate date. Have contacted many times on phone and via email and still not heard anything. Anyone else pushed backed on the start date in January 2018?
Old Dec 18th 2017, 11:54 am
Just Joined

ThatchersBritain is an unknown quantity at this point

I am also waiting for a later start date. I spoke with HR last week and there are a few of us who will be on a later intake. They have not finalised the date yet but assured me they would. I suspect they are busy sorting the arrangements for the January starters.
Old Dec 18th 2017, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

Nice one, thanks. Have you sorted all the required medical bits and pieces?
Old Dec 18th 2017, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Newcastle3767
Nice one, thanks. Have you sorted all the required medical bits and pieces?
I have only just booked my medical as I was waiting for news re start date. HR assured me it would happen and requested I get it done. I have also applied for my Police Clearance Certificate. PS I’ve messaged you
Old Dec 29th 2017, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

Rach1887 is an unknown quantity at this point

Due to HR issues I have declined the job offer and am staying here. Maybe better suited for retired officers than those looking for sideways progression?
Old Dec 29th 2017, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

Rach, sorry to hear you can't accept the offer. I've got a new start date and am busy sorting my house out for rental whilst I'm away. Did you have an issue getting a career break from your HR? I believe a lot of forces don't do them anymore if you're going to be working whilst on the break.
Old Dec 29th 2017, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

Rach1887 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ThatchersBritain
Rach, sorry to hear you can't accept the offer. I've got a new start date and am busy sorting my house out for rental whilst I'm away. Did you have an issue getting a career break from your HR? I believe a lot of forces don't do them anymore if you're going to be working whilst on the break.
My lot were fine....!
Old Jul 29th 2018, 10:12 am
Just Joined

Did anyone deploy to RCIPS this year?
If so, how is it going?
Hoping to be going out there soon.
Old Jul 29th 2018, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

There are 3 of us ex UK officers who arrived here in late February. It’s going well thanks. I’m on response and the work is similar to the UK, even get sent to Facebook arguments! We’re double crewed 90% of the time. There are at least 2 ARV’s on each shift. Quite short staffed at present as carrying a number of vacancies. Staff turnover is an issue as pay is better at other departments such as Customs and locals tend to leave and move there. Take home pay works out at £3,263 uk pounds a month, which is bottom of the pay scale. There is no way of getting increments at present as the Government froze them some time ago. The cost of living is very expensive. I’m here with my wife, she isn’t working yet by choice, and we can both live well on the salary. If you’re on your own or both working you will be well off compared to the UK.
You get a non contibrutary pension here which you can cash as a lump sum when you return home if you wish, around £13k after 3 years I think. Used cars are expensive and you definitely need a car. Beaches are good and you can swim in the Caribbean Sea every day. Fantastic choice of restaurants, very fast broadband, good cinema at Camana Bay, petrol is cheaper than UK, short haul flights to lots of other great places to visit. It’s an excellent opportunity for anyone prepared to make the move.
When are you arriving?
Old Jul 29th 2018, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

notbrazil is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ThatchersBritain
There are 3 of us ex UK officers who arrived here in late February. It’s going well thanks. I’m on response and the work is similar to the UK, even get sent to Facebook arguments! We’re double crewed 90% of the time. There are at least 2 ARV’s on each shift. Quite short staffed at present as carrying a number of vacancies. Staff turnover is an issue as pay is better at other departments such as Customs and locals tend to leave and move there. Take home pay works out at £3,263 uk pounds a month, which is bottom of the pay scale. There is no way of getting increments at present as the Government froze them some time ago. The cost of living is very expensive. I’m here with my wife, she isn’t working yet by choice, and we can both live well on the salary. If you’re on your own or both working you will be well off compared to the UK.
You get a non contibrutary pension here which you can cash as a lump sum when you return home if you wish, around £13k after 3 years I think. Used cars are expensive and you definitely need a car. Beaches are good and you can swim in the Caribbean Sea every day. Fantastic choice of restaurants, very fast broadband, good cinema at Camana Bay, petrol is cheaper than UK, short haul flights to lots of other great places to visit. It’s an excellent opportunity for anyone prepared to make the move.
When are you arriving?
Any word on another international recruitment drive? I have family in Cayman and I'd be keen to get out for a few years!
Old Jul 29th 2018, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by notbrazil
Any word on another international recruitment drive? I have family in Cayman and I'd be keen to get out for a few years!
There is talk of one for later this year. Keep an eye on the Cayman Islands Government website as opposed to the RCIPS one as that's where they tend to advertise international recruitment. I will post on here if I hear of a definite one.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

Rumcakelover is an unknown quantity at this point

Level 2 detectives now sought...check out the rcips website
Old Apr 17th 2019, 8:51 am
Just Joined

Lookingforsunshine is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife and I have both applied for the Experienced officer positions recently advertised. Since submission we haven't heard a jot from RCIPS Recruitment other than automated responses. Has anyone any idea if they are looking to progress applications or the timescales involved? Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 17th 2019, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

jim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lookingforsunshine
My wife and I have both applied for the Experienced officer positions recently advertised. Since submission we haven't heard a jot from RCIPS Recruitment other than automated responses. Has anyone any idea if they are looking to progress applications or the timescales involved? Thanks in advance.
They haven't bothered replying to me, sent 3 emails and got automatic replies.

Has taught me that they obviously dont care enough to even reply to someone, so have decided not to waste my time on RCIPS

No wonder they struggle for applicants when they dont even have the decency to reply

AVOID

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.