Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Royal Cayman Islands Police Recruiting

Royal Cayman Islands Police Recruiting

Old Nov 30th 2017, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

Rach1887 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Royal Cayman Islands Police Recruiting

Basic pay no matter what rank or experience. Think London level costs of living, my friend has recommended stocking up and using allowance to bring things over
Old Dec 1st 2017, 7:53 am
Just Joined

ThatchersBritain is an unknown quantity at this point

The cost of accommodation seems high, around £1,500 to £1,800 a month for a 1 bed furnished apartment in a good area from what I've seen online. Unlike London, public transport is poor so you will need a car. Petrol is cheaper at around £0.80 a litre. No paid overtime, just CTO. Should be enough to live on but doubt you could save much? Anyone else aware of more affordable accommodation, I'm told the cheaper ones are in areas you wouldn't want to live in?
Old Dec 1st 2017, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

Jamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond repute

During my interview, i was advised that any cops going over would be steered towards the more desirable areas which means higher rents of course. I need to be sure my wife feels safe when I'm at work so higher rent is what I'm expecting. I plan on taking my bicycle too as i doubt we'll be able to afford a car. The island is as flat as a pancake anyway. It appears that newbies will likely be at George Town where rent is dearer. 1 bed will be plenty for us and there is a fair choice on ecaytrade.com but you don't really get an idea until you see it in the flesh.
Old Dec 1st 2017, 8:10 am
Just Joined

My friend who is there says there is paid OT......
Old Dec 1st 2017, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Good news if they've started paying OT. Road safety is an issue, not sure cycling is a good idea and I'm a keen cyclist. Make sure you take proof of your no claims with you for car insurance. Good video on YouTube, "FAQ's about living in and moving to the Cayman Islands" it's part of a blog by a South African ex-pat and well worth a watch.
Old Dec 1st 2017, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Jamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rach1887
My friend who is there says there is paid OT......
Paid OT!?!?!?!?!?! Result!
Old Dec 7th 2017, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

keekthegeek is an unknown quantity at this point

Im working here at the minute, id be happy to answer any questions you may have. See you in jan.
Old Dec 7th 2017, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

Keek, thanks for posting. How do you find the cost of living? I'm only being offered the bottom end of the pay scale and rent will swallow a lot of that. Do officers move up the pay scale incrementally with service or are you on the same amount throughout your contract?
Old Dec 7th 2017, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

Hi we all started on the bottom end..i think it may be something that can be discussed on the next contract. Im out here wity 2 kids a 14 and a 9 year old they love it and never want to leave. Yes it is expensive but the beach costs nothing. Its 87 degrees here as i write this. Feel free add me on facebook. Key cambo and u can see pics and ill speak to u more about anu questions you may have
Old Dec 7th 2017, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

Hi we all started on the bottom end..i think it may be something that can be discussed on the next contract. Im out here wity 2 kids a 14 and a 9 year old they love it and never want to leave. Yes it is expensive but the beach costs nothing. Its 87 degrees here as i write this. Feel free add me on facebook. Key cambo and u can see pics and ill speak to u more about anu questions you may have
Old Dec 9th 2017, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Keekthegeek

I've sent you a PM.
Old Dec 9th 2017, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

If u pm me ill send u my uk watsapp number and answer any questions u have.
Old Dec 15th 2017, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

I have been given a flight date of 4-5th Jan, has anyone else....?
Old Dec 15th 2017, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

Wow not long is 29 degrees here atm
Old Dec 15th 2017, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by keekthegeek
Wow not long is 29 degrees here atm
I have a friend serving there now and she has been sending pics!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.