Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Royal Cayman Islands Police Recruiting

Royal Cayman Islands Police Recruiting

Old Nov 17th 2016, 1:07 am
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all
Default Royal Cayman Islands Police Recruiting

http://www.rcips.ky/portal/page/port...gegroupid=2425

For those who are interested, i had a great three years over there in the RCIPS.
Old Nov 24th 2016, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

Nicky1988city is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Royal Cayman Islands Police Recruiting

What's the cost of living like please?
Old Nov 24th 2016, 8:34 pm
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all

I haven't lived there for a while but its expensive, i wouldn't like to do it on one salary if you are a family, but if you both work then it would be ok, or obviously if you are single then it won't be an issue.
Old Dec 28th 2016, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

Mattias_2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone else applied for the Caymans? I've just had an email out the blue about an interview.
Old Dec 29th 2016, 1:00 am
Just Joined

Tc1882 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got an interview mate. Need to set up a Skype account first. Didn't really expect to get one to be honest. Still not sure if I'd take the job so will need to do some research.
Old Jan 1st 2017, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

golfer24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Had two interviews over the years but never got accepted. Pathetic questions trying to find flaws in your integrity. Been a cop for 21 years but counts for naught with that lot
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by golfer24
Had two interviews over the years but never got accepted. Pathetic questions trying to find flaws in your integrity. Been a cop for 21 years but counts for naught with that lot
What sort of questions were they asking and how long ago was your interview?

Are there any serving uk police officers in the caymans that can give an insight into the role?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 2nd 2017 at 6:51 pm. Reason: Looks like you're just trying to PM again! Pls join in the forums properly.
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

golfer24 is an unknown quantity at this point

" your on patrol when you stop a friend who has no tax on his car"

" you attend a burglary at a house in st George what would you consider doing "

I mean please what is the point of these questions

Best of luck with your interview
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 6:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mattias_2
Are there any serving uk police officers in the caymans that can give an insight into the role?
There have been several threads over the years from guys who have served there - run back through the forum and you should find some

For example - http://britishexpats.com/forum/polic...ancies-732581/

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 2nd 2017 at 6:02 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

Caribbean1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mattias_2
Has anyone else applied for the Caymans? I've just had an email out the blue about an interview.
I think I was the first W/Police Constable to be recruited in Cayman from the UK in the RCIP back in 1980. It was the best time of my life! Biggest mistake I made was returning to the UK. You will love it. However, it is expensive to live there. You do need two wages unless you are single.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

MarkyGBR is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

What length/level of service do you need within a UK Force?

I am only a special at the moment but would love to consider this whilst I'm young in a few years time. I assume they won't take special experience into consideration for obvious reasons but was wondering how many years they are looking for?

Shame I couldn't go start over there as a 'local' as I guess with british passport you have infinite right to work there but they need you to have been a permanent resident for years!

Thanks,
Mark.
Old Jan 7th 2017, 11:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MarkyGBR
Hi Guys,

What length/level of service do you need within a UK Force?

I am only a special at the moment but would love to consider this whilst I'm young in a few years time. I assume they won't take special experience into consideration for obvious reasons but was wondering how many years they are looking for?

Shame I couldn't go start over there as a 'local' as I guess with british passport you have infinite right to work there but they need you to have been a permanent resident for years!

Thanks,
Mark.
Mark

I replied to your post once before offering information and guidance but the site administrator are intent on deleting my posts. Rude!!!! Good luck but you probably won't see this reply as it will almost definitely will be deleted.
Old Jan 8th 2017, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

jim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond repute

For the guys that went before for a couple of years, did you manage to get a career break from you UK force? Sorry service!!lol
Old Jan 12th 2017, 9:10 am
Just Joined

keekthegeek is an unknown quantity at this point

Many people got an interview?
Old Jan 12th 2017, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

ianmcdoh is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm so annoyed I only noticed this post a couple days ago and the link was already taken down!

I emailed them directly but was told I was too late and they could only hold my application(including references from current superiors) on file, I obviously decided against doing that as I don't want my superiors knowing too much about my intentions!

Anyone any idea how often they advertise these positions?

Regards,
Irish Copper

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.