Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Royal Cayman Islands Police

Royal Cayman Islands Police

Old Apr 21st 2006, 11:22 pm
Banned

Cayman Cop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Royal Cayman Islands Police

Originally Posted by Chastity
That makes me feel better about the accomodation situation is Dog Town near the beach?.
Chastity - Dog CITY is indeed near to the beach, however it is NOT the place you would want to live, let alone attend 911 calls to!

Dog City is on my beat. I patrol the 7 mile beach area, and Dog Shitty (as we call it) is but a stones throw from it. I tend to stay away and just patrol the beach area. Occassionally pop into a nice hotel for a drink and it's along the beach I go.

Basically we leave all calls to that area for the core shifts So if you do come over, you'll probably be getting called there every day :scared:

That's the beauty of getting off shift team. Which you must do after a year of being here. I was lucky however, and an exception. I was off shift within a year. Good job too, I would've left and ended up in Bermuda police where I have many contacts. But as it happens, this is money for old rope. So I'm staying

If you need more information - PM me. There's more you should know, but I will not mention here. Some good, some bad.
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

ape2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bananna,

I PM'd Positive P but no reply either...... If there are other serving Officers out there and reading this please contact us with email address. Thanks.

I am a serving officer. You can PM me and I will provide contact details.
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

Chastity is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ape2
I am a serving officer. You can PM me and I will provide contact details.
Sent you a PM and also to Cayman Cop, What happened to Pos P where did you go?
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

speedy37 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: Royal Cayman Islands Police

Sent you a PM and also to Cayman Cop, What happened to Pos P where did you go?
I don't know what all the problems you lot are having with Dog City, when i lived in Cayman doing the job it was if you had to go there then you went there. The object is not to take any crap from those that live there. Derek H, i know what you mean it's not a case of who or what you know or even your age it's a case of who's toes you step on as i found out years ago. :scared:
Speedy37
Old Apr 25th 2006, 9:06 pm
Banned

fabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nice

Originally Posted by speedy37
I don't know what all the problems you lot are having with Dog City, when i lived in Cayman doing the job it was if you had to go there then you went there. The object is not to take any crap from those that live there. Derek H, i know what you mean it's not a case of who or what you know or even your age it's a case of who's toes you step on as i found out years ago. :scared:
Speedy37
Ok - I've sent in the application. I don't give a flying about this Dog City place. I welcome the cr@p I'll be dealing with. Anyone looks at me the wrong way will be turffed in the back of a police van and coincidentally have some weed found on them.

Bring it on.

If I get through, I can't wait to exert some old skool UK policing on these caribbeans.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

I just wanted to say a big 'THANK YOU' to the serving Officers who sent me private messages (You know who you are!), The messages have convinced me to apply (pending pension info that is). As long as I am off of shift in at least a year it sounds like it would be a blast from what I hear!. Happy Job hunting to every one who applies.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

Unhappy Re: Royal Cayman Islands Police

[B]Pension[/B]

I just found out today that if I take a career break my pension is frozen and then on return I would go on the new system which would mean working and extra 5 years PLUS the 2 I was away. I'm now thinking that 7 years extra in the police is a big price to pay for 2 in the sun.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

Margot is an unknown quantity at this point

[B]Pension[/B]

I just found out today that if I take a career break my pension is frozen and then on return I would go on the new system which would mean working and extra 5 years PLUS the 2 I was away. I'm now thinking that 7 years extra in the police is a big price to pay for 2 in the sun.
Trust me, those 2 years are not worth 7 years extra service.........
Old Apr 27th 2006, 8:16 pm
Banned

Pat Butcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Time for me to add my 2 cents worth. The people that have posted negative comments on this are not exaggerating, what they say is true and they could even be being a little to kind.

Expect overt corruption from senior and fellow officers. Being treated as a 2nd class citizen (3rd if you are female) Do not expect any support from fellow or senior officers in fact wear body armour (bring your own) as you will frequently be stabbed in the back.

There are indeed 2 sets of rules, one for the A*s licking yes man and another for the UK Officers.

The people who are 'positive' on this forum are only those that have managed to get off of shift through a lot of sucking up to the right people, I cannot believe that the management of the RCIP has not spotted this blatant abuse of public funds yet.

The Community Dept, that so many aspire to, is a total farce - yes it's great to get off of shift and onto it provided you are OK with lazing about, ignoring the community you are supposed to serve and getting totally de skilled. Ask a Community Officer when they last took a statement, answered a call, hell even arrested anyone....

Think long and hard about it before abandoning your career in the UK for a couple of years in the sun. The grass is a bit parched over the other side of the fence.

Last edited by Pat Butcher; Apr 27th 2006 at 9:30 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 10:26 pm
Banned

fabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nicefabledbananna is just really nice

[B]Pension[/B]

Chastity - Interesting news about the pension. That has got me thinking.
What's got me thinking even more is the report in the daily papers earlier this week. House prices set to double over the next 10 years.

Now if I do this, I want to sell up, so I can buy a place in Cayman. I refuse to pay those extortionate rental rates and line someone else's pockets!
BUT, if I come back to the UK and house prices are rocketing as predicted, I'll NEVER be able to get back on the housing ladder.

To think my £150,000 2 bed flat will be £300,000 in 10 years, I'd be a right mug to throw that away!! Even in 5 years it should be worth £215,000 at that rate!

If that happens I'll be stuck in Cayman - as I won't be able to afford a place in the UK :scared:
And what happens if like some my contract is not renewed I'll be forced to come home - with nowhere to live - and no chance of affording anywhere decent. The cayman/pound exchange rate isn't exactly favourable is it?
I'll end up living in a bedsit with a Kosovan refugee family, who argue all night and steal things all day!
Old Apr 28th 2006, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

positive p is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Royal Cayman Islands Police

Guys again you can pm if you need to speak to myself or other officers here but the info coming from Pat is too biased to the point that its bad info for people who are trying to make a balanced decision on a major life change

its not a case of as# licking ........its called developing a good working relationship with officers and senior staff and not moaning to every tom dick and harry whilst off duty
Pat if you are who i think you are then you left with a bad taste in your mouth through no one elses fault but your own

Yes the grass is slightly parched at the moment here but rainy season soon come
Some people will never be happy anywhere its in their personality to moan and have a negative outlook on life

Derek H i feel for your cause boss...no one elses !!!!!

Chastity the pension info you got might not be correct as others here have been enquiring and have been given different info

Bananna....the annual growth here in Cayman for houses is at approx 10-12% per annum for the next 10yrs so you need to balance the figures yourself and see if its worthwhile buying here and selling there

were trying to find out what the deal is with pension from the uk as we speak so standby

Originally Posted by fabledbananna
Chastity - Interesting news about the pension. That has got me thinking.
What's got me thinking even more is the report in the daily papers earlier this week. House prices set to double over the next 10 years.

Now if I do this, I want to sell up, so I can buy a place in Cayman. I refuse to pay those extortionate rental rates and line someone else's pockets!
BUT, if I come back to the UK and house prices are rocketing as predicted, I'll NEVER be able to get back on the housing ladder.

To think my £150,000 2 bed flat will be £300,000 in 10 years, I'd be a right mug to throw that away!! Even in 5 years it should be worth £215,000 at that rate!

If that happens I'll be stuck in Cayman - as I won't be able to afford a place in the UK :scared:
And what happens if like some my contract is not renewed I'll be forced to come home - with nowhere to live - and no chance of affording anywhere decent. The cayman/pound exchange rate isn't exactly favourable is it?
I'll end up living in a bedsit with a Kosovan refugee family, who argue all night and steal things all day!
Old Apr 29th 2006, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

Chastity the pension info you got might not be correct as others here have been enquiring and have been given different info

Pos P,
I checked this with the Federation. The new pension scheme came in early April, after this date if you resign or take a career break you are back on the new system.

Those UK officers who are out there already and who resigned or are on career breaks should check, I think the career break people should be OK (Don't know about extending) but those that resigned will be on the new pension scheme.

The new scheme is 9% but you have to 35 years to get the full pension.
Old Apr 29th 2006, 7:37 pm
Banned

Pat Butcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by positive p
Guys again you can pm if you need to speak to myself or other officers here but the info coming from Pat is too biased to the point that its bad info for people who are trying to make a balanced decision on a major life change

Why won't you post your comments for all prospective recruits to see?

its not a case of as# licking ........its called developing a good working relationship with officers and senior staff and not moaning to every tom dick and harry whilst off duty
Pat if you are who i think you are then you left with a bad taste in your mouth through no one elses fault but your own

Pos P, That's Rich, I don't know who you think I am, there are many,many people, as are shown by the number of posters on here, that feel unhappy about the level of unprofessionalism, corruption and the way their skills and training were wasted.

Yes the grass is slightly parched at the moment here but rainy season soon come

The grass will never get greener

Some people will never be happy anywhere its in their personality to moan and have a negative outlook on life

And some are happy to put up with the Bull Sh*t for a bit of sun and they are the ones who will never change anything, you don't want to rock the boat.

Derek H i feel for your cause boss...no one elses !!!!!

Bananna....the annual growth here in Cayman for houses is at approx 10-12% per annum for the next 10yrs so you need to balance the figures yourself and see if its worthwhile buying here and selling there

10-12%, remember that stamp duty is 7.5-9% and real estate agents fees are way above the UK's 1-2% kind of shrinks your profit. How much is House insurance after Ivan?

were trying to find out what the deal is with pension from the uk as we speak so standbyIt's been answered above

For all of you people that are looking for a couple of years in the sun consider..........

1. Are you willing to fall behind way behind with your Policing Skills? You will.
2. Do you think that it is a career move? It is not.
3. Are you hoping to live there forever?. You need residency or status and that isn't easy.
4. Are you willing to be treated as a second class citizen? Worse if you are a woman (Unless of course you are willing to perform regular favour's)
5. Want to stuff up your hard earned pension? Join the RCIP

If it's only for the sun, remember that you can get all inclusive deals from the UK to the Caribbean for less than a flight from Grand Cayman to Miami.

Last edited by Pat Butcher; Apr 29th 2006 at 8:25 pm.
Old Apr 29th 2006, 11:28 pm
Just Joined

positive p is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pat Butcher
For all of you people that are looking for a couple of years in the sun consider..........

1. Are you willing to fall behind way behind with your Policing Skills? You will.
2. Do you think that it is a career move? It is not.
3. Are you hoping to live there forever?. You need residency or status and that isn't easy.
4. Are you willing to be treated as a second class citizen? Worse if you are a woman (Unless of course you are willing to perform regular favour's)
5. Want to stuff up your hard earned pension? Join the RCIP

If it's only for the sun, remember that you can get all inclusive deals from the UK to the Caribbean for less than a flight from Grand Cayman to Miami.
Pat or Donna what ever you want to call yourself

I only pm people who are interested in coming here along with numerous other officers because i like to give a balanced opinion of what life is like here and this site has become a very negative thread dominated by a few( 3-4) ex pat officers who didnt like it here. I do give negative info to the officers but its not blown out of proportion

i spent a long time on shift at george town so i know what shift work is like...i knew what the job title was when i accepted the job (to work as a uniformed officer on patrol in cayman) were you offered any thing different?

the figures you have quoted for the housing etc etc are totally wrong along with the staus issue (as you know we are exempt from it on our passports so we can work here for as long as we like) thats why i dont give info here on the thread anymore

i think you need to go and work for the Daily Star as you often make a sensational story from information which isnt even true
(were you the source for the wayne rooney beating his girlfriend story which cost the paper thousands in damages!!!!!

i must stop this bickering its not productive

Chastity
Thats important info which we were not told about from back at home
On the home office site it has info contradicting this.........
i know the officers that came recently will be interested in the april cut off
we are also making enquiries with regards to the possibility of the cayman pension being tranfered back to the uk...it might help with potential new officers coming over

thanks Pos P
Old Apr 30th 2006, 4:28 am
Just Joined

Zulu1 is an unknown quantity at this point

test

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.