Royal Barbados Police

Old Feb 1st 2009, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

Deewild is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Royal Barbados Police

Hi does anyone know or have any experience of Barbados police? I would love to live on the island but like many, need to work. I know they recruit from Comonwealth countires etc, but I wondered if anyone knew about the salary as obviously this is a BIG issue? Would appreciate any advice.
cheers
Dee
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 5:25 am
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all
Default Re: Royal Barbados Police

Originally Posted by Deewild
Hi does anyone know or have any experience of Barbados police? I would love to live on the island but like many, need to work. I know they recruit from Comonwealth countires etc, but I wondered if anyone knew about the salary as obviously this is a BIG issue? Would appreciate any advice.
cheers
Dee
I don't know much about them, but from what i have heard they basically sound like a third world police force. If you want to work as a cop in the Caribbean, Cayman or Bermuda are probably the only reasnably viable options.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

Deewild is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Royal Barbados Police

Hi thanks for your reply.
I go to the island often and from viewing the police I wouldn't describe them as third world police, however that is only on the surface, who knows what it is actually like to be employed, I also wondered about the salary as I can't find anything and what I have found suggest that they are not paid well!
I just want to live there, maybe look ay alternative options. I'll make enquires whilst I'm out there in April.
Bye
Dee