The results......

Old Oct 15th 2013, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Dinger Bell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The results......

Thanks old sparks and Greg. Just about to check out that link now. There was no plan B but desperately seeking one now! Hopefully I can muster something. The letting down the wife and kids is killing me.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 7:38 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dinger Bell
Thanks old sparks and Greg. Just about to check out that link now. There was no plan B but desperately seeking one now! Hopefully I can muster something. The letting down the wife and kids is killing me.
I did have a look at some state lists the other day but couldn't find police officer on a state list - but I'll have another look. What does the OH do?
Old Oct 15th 2013, 8:08 am
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

A very big well done to you all!
A great life awaits. Hope the rest of the process goes smoothly
P.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

Gregster - congratulations mate.

Dinger - gutted is an understatement. Don't give up mate. I strongly suspect they'll recruit again next year.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

VikkiShields is an unknown quantity at this point

What really gets to me is knowing how much some people on here wanted it and for whatever reason got a no but there are some people posting on here that they not 100% committed and I bet they get a yes. It's just upsetting knowing that our forum family starting to get split up. It's bitter sweet feeling.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone, fingers crossed they will be back soon.

Old Sparks, the OH is an office manager in the education field but having checked out the CSOL her age (47) doesn't earn her any points towards the magic 60 needed so we seem to be stuck.

My lack of skills outside of policing doesn't help either. It seems our dreams are over.

Back to playing the lottery in the meantime to see if we can win a handsome sum to enable us to open a business over there.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 9:07 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dinger Bell
Thanks everyone, fingers crossed they will be back soon.

Old Sparks, the OH is an office manager in the education field but having checked out the CSOL her age (47) doesn't earn her any points towards the magic 60 needed so we seem to be stuck.

My lack of skills outside of policing doesn't help either. It seems our dreams are over.

Back to playing the lottery in the meantime to see if we can win a handsome sum to enable us to open a business over there.
Sorry DB - was worth checking. Hopefully one of the forces will be recruiting internationally again soon
Old Oct 15th 2013, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

OzPCwannaB will become famous soon enough

I'm still waiting to hear and it's killing me?!
It's the end of their day now so another wait till tomorrow. Well done to all those that got a yes. Gutted for those who have got a no!
Old Oct 15th 2013, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

VikkiShields is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't believe people getting a no. I thought we were all pretty much sure of a place if you passed the fitness. Guttered for everyone but do t give up. We failed in 2007 and never gave up.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 10:35 am
Just Joined

ysd111 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do they tell you what part of the process you didn't do so well on? Is there any sort of appeal process?
Old Oct 15th 2013, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ysd111
Do they tell you what part of the process you didn't do so well on? Is there any sort of appeal process?
The email from Mr Norrish says there is no individual feedback which sounds a little harsh considering it appears only Fadsie and I have failed from successful fitness tests. No appeals by the looks of it. I have queried an incorrect entry on my PSD record and am hoping that the emails sent by my PSD and information assurance dept are missing from my file which might allow them to reconsider more favourably but I am not building my hopes too high. Shot down once was devastating enough!

Last edited by Dinger Bell; Oct 15th 2013 at 12:52 pm. Reason: Spelling
Old Oct 15th 2013, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

fadsie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not going to go down without a fight. What infuriates me the most is some have been given till 14th November to pass the fitness test at the third time of asking. What is the point in that? I am going to ring the recruitment and see if I can speak to mr norrish because I have dedicated 6 months of my life to this and I have no idea why I got told no!! To shatter my dreams and not even tell me why is just not acceptable.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fadsie1
I am not going to go down without a fight. What infuriates me the most is some have been given till 14th November to pass the fitness test at the third time of asking. What is the point in that? I am going to ring the recruitment and see if I can speak to mr norrish because I have dedicated 6 months of my life to this and I have no idea why I got told no!! To shatter my dreams and not even tell me why is just not acceptable.
I can see where you're coming from.

Looks like you and I are the only ones getting the pill, thankfully no one else has to taste the disappointment of it. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Do it when you have calmed down though and can make a reasoned response is my advice.

Good luck with it.
Old Oct 16th 2013, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

bagdog is an unknown quantity at this point

hard luck guys. My mate over there reckons they are having to do a massive recruitment drive next year, and the rumour coming out of the recruitment dept is they are looking at numbers of up 450 UK and Irish cops. You might be a year behind us, but if that's the case you should be ok.
Old Oct 16th 2013, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bagdog
hard luck guys. My mate over there reckons they are having to do a massive recruitment drive next year, and the rumour coming out of the recruitment dept is they are looking at numbers of up 450 UK and Irish cops. You might be a year behind us, but if that's the case you should be ok.
Fingers crossed your mate is right. I'm dying here. Good luck and enjoy the sun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.