The results......

Old Oct 14th 2013, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

ECILOP will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The results......

When I sent off my request to the DVLA they were pretty good at responding almost straight away. I suspect, as of today though, they'll be receiving more requests than usual.

As soon as they reply reply they'll send you a form which you have to print out, fill in, sign, scan and send back to them. The form only takes two minutes to complete. Once they have have that they'll give you a telephone number to call to pay the £5.00 fee.

Although they say it can take up to 10 working days to process, mine came through within a few days.

Regarding the bankruptcy check, I just printed off a copy of my credit report and sent the whole thing.

The Police Certificate takes 10 working days to process so my advice would be to request this straight away.

My problems came when I had to get a urinalysis as part of the medical. My advice would be to sweet talk your OH department. I know they can do it but, depending on what force you're in, you might find that they won't. My GP said he he couldn't do it, the local hospital hospital wouldn't do it and the only place I could find wanted to charge me £200 for the the privilege. ....ontop of the £140 it cost me for my medical.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

deadlyminimee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ECILOP

My problems came when I had to get a urinalysis as part of the medical. My advice would be to sweet talk your OH department. I know they can do it but, depending on what force you're in, you might find that they won't. My GP said he he couldn't do it, the local hospital hospital wouldn't do it and the only place I could find wanted to charge me £200 for the the privilege. ....ontop of the £140 it cost me for my medical.
With regard to your OH unit doing it. Do they just record the result on headed paper?
Old Oct 14th 2013, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

I'm not entirely sure although I would guess so. I know of a few people in other forces who got their OH departments to do it but mine wouldn't help me.....which I found a bit strange. After all, I simply asked if they could test me for drugs.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 12:04 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

When I sent off my request to the DVLA they were pretty good at responding almost straight away. I suspect, as of today though, they'll be receiving more requests than usual.

As soon as they reply reply they'll send you a form which you have to print out, fill in, sign, scan and send back to them. The form only takes two minutes to complete. Once they have have that they'll give you a telephone number to call to pay the £5.00 fee.

Although they say it can take up to 10 working days to process, mine came through within a few days.

Regarding the bankruptcy check, I just printed off a copy of my credit report and sent the whole thing.

The Police Certificate takes 10 working days to process so my advice would be to request this straight away.

And you'll still have to get your visa medical which is around £300 for adults - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=758390.

Was the police cert the ACPO cert needed for the visa?
Old Oct 14th 2013, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

OzPCwannaB will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Phantasm139
Yes for me to. Well done everyone. :-)
Well done x still waiting....!
Old Oct 14th 2013, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, the Police Certificate was the Police Certificate For Immigration Purposes.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 9:50 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the Police Certificate was the Police Certificate For Immigration Purposes.
If you use that one in the visa application, your visa will probably have an enter by date 12 months after that was issued. You may be asked to obtain another one for the visa application - it will depend how long is left when the visa is issued.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 10:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HarryBosch
ECILOP - if there's PM's going regarding anything helpful then I too would appreciate one.

Cheers
If it's helpful advice, rather than personal info, then it would be far better for it to be shared on the forum, so that everybody can benefit.

Old Oct 15th 2013, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

VikkiShields is an unknown quantity at this point

People get checking your emails. It's 9am in perth.
Gregster don't forget keep us informed. I said to my husband I so happy we got a yes but it's agonising waiting for others who we have met either in person or through this forum. We come through this whole process together we have to finish it together in oz.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 2:58 am
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Hold me a space, I'm coming with you!!!

Don't think I've slept properly tonight, got to be up in just over an hour for work!

Now, just to hear the news from the rest that are waiting! Fingers crossed.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

Dinger Bell is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my reply this morning. It's a no for me so mission aborted at this late stage. Best wishes to all those already through and good luck to those still waiting to hear. Hopefully I will get another opportunity in the next few years. Gutted, as are the family.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 7:01 am
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dinger Bell
Got my reply this morning. It's a no for me so mission aborted at this late stage. Best wishes to all those already through and good luck to those still waiting to hear. Hopefully I will get another opportunity in the next few years. Gutted, as are the family.
best of luck Dinger.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Dinger Bell is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers Gregster. Start that cycling club without me hopefully I can get over there in a couple of years. Congratulations on your good news.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 7:03 am

Sorry to read this DB

If it's something you really want have you checked CSOL - OH may qualify maybe (CSOL - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...n/pdf/csol.pdf)
Old Oct 15th 2013, 7:33 am
Living the dream in WA

Cheers Gregster. Start that cycling club without me hopefully I can get over there in a couple of years. Congratulations on your good news.
Thanks Dinger. We'll save you a spot in the peloton!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.