Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

RCIPS September 2006 intake

RCIPS September 2006 intake

Old Jul 2nd 2006, 1:40 am
Just Joined

jackhorner21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile RCIPS September 2006 intake

Just wondered who else accepted their offer to go out in September??

Took my chance and they have given me a date of the 29th or 30th September.

Would be good to get intouch with anyone else who accepted - will make things easier when we go and could help out with the cost of renting etc.

Get intouch through the site

Jack
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

Cayman Beachbum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RCIPS September 2006 intake

Originally Posted by jackhorner21
Just wondered who else accepted their offer to go out in September??

Took my chance and they have given me a date of the 29th or 30th September.

Would be good to get intouch with anyone else who accepted - will make things easier when we go and could help out with the cost of renting etc.

Get intouch through the site

Jack
Hi Jack and everyone else coming out in September. I have been here for a few months so my memory of what it was like to arrive here is still fairly fresh. Yes, the place has its problems but then again I can't think of anywhere that doesn't - least not that I've ever been to, but hey ho - its 0830 and already a hot sunny day. Just had a walk along the beach which I find clears my mind. (today is a public holiday in Cayman - the last until November.)
I am happy to answer any specific questions anyone has because there is a lot you need to know. One thing I will say is that the majority of the RCIPS will give you a warm welcome and there aren't any problems that aren't unsurmountable.

Please send me a personal message with any queries.
Old Jul 4th 2006, 8:07 am
Just Joined

dmpgps is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Guys,

I am an active Police Officer from Canada and have been thinking of applying to the RCIPS for sometime now. I am looking to get information from a currently serving RCIPS officer about the actual working conditions faced by the officers, the current wages for "Off-Shore" officers, living expenses, the selection process, contact info for RCIPS recruiters, etc. Can anyone advise? Thanks in Advance!
Old Jul 12th 2006, 6:26 am
RCIP Old sweat

i am the LAW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cayman Beachbum
Hi Jack and everyone else coming out in September. I have been here for a few months so my memory of what it was like to arrive here is still fairly fresh. Yes, the place has its problems but then again I can't think of anywhere that doesn't - least not that I've ever been to, but hey ho - its 0830 and already a hot sunny day. Just had a walk along the beach which I find clears my mind. (today is a public holiday in Cayman - the last until November.)
I am happy to answer any specific questions anyone has because there is a lot you need to know. One thing I will say is that the majority of the RCIPS will give you a warm welcome and there aren't any problems that aren't unsurmountable.
Please send me a personal message with any queries.
What a load of tosh Mr Beachbum, and you know it. Stop telling lies to people that are making life changing decisions.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

inert-object is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by i am the LAW
What a load of tosh Mr Beachbum, and you know it. Stop telling lies to people that are making life changing decisions.
I'm with Beachbum. Just got back from a very pleasant beach bar afternoon and a bit of scuba diving and tonight I'm off to a beach BBQ with a load of american mates, which is always fun. What's not to like? Got more mates coming over from the UK soon, which is just going to make life even sweeter.