Queensland Pol . . .

Old Apr 20th 2009, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

JBwantsout is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Queensland Pol . . .

Hi,

Please can anyone advise if you can get residancy without moving over?

My wife and I are interested in the PACE programme but not sure how to get things rolling.

Any advice greatly appriciated...

Ta

J
Old Apr 20th 2009, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Caymanite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Queensland Pol . . .

I would seriously doubt it - sorry......
Old Apr 20th 2009, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

mr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of light

Qld police dont sponsor. Are you both coppers?

JOHN
Old Apr 21st 2009, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

Yes mate, she has around 5 yrs, I have 8. Both in London.

Dont really fancy SA, Queensland sounded about the best, we could possibly get sponsered by her Aunt and Uncle and also cousins who are Citizens, not sure if this would work?

Cheers
Old Apr 21st 2009, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

mr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of light

How desperate are you about going? The reason I ask is that you may have to go over on a student visa and then apply to QLDPOL after. As long as you apply within 5 years of being a british copper you will be accepted to the PACE program.

JOHN
Old Apr 21st 2009, 11:04 pm
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JBwantsout
Hi,

Please can anyone advise if you can get residancy without moving over?

My wife and I are interested in the PACE programme but not sure how to get things rolling.

Any advice greatly appriciated...

Ta

J
Mate, you can get residency without moving over. You submit your application from the UK, it goes through the system, you are then advised you have been given your residency, you then take your passport to an Ozzi Embassy in the UK, and then have to move to Oz in a timescale given to you by DIMIA.

You need your residency before applying to the QPS on the PACE programme, but you don't need to be living in Oz when you apply. If you are serious, for a nominal fee you can pay a immigration lawyer to asses your chances of success, and if they think you are in with a shout go for it.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

The problem with is that QLDPOL will not sponsor anyone so they will need to find a way to get over there in the first place, as they are both coppers and police are not on the list. All the people I know that are over there and working as coppers had wives that are nurses which was their ticket to get in.

JOHN
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

Yes mate, she has around 5 yrs, I have 8. Both in London.

Dont really fancy SA, Queensland sounded about the best, we could possibly get sponsered by her Aunt and Uncle and also cousins who are Citizens, not sure if this would work?

Cheers
We got sponsored by my Uncle, OH was a firefighter in the UK and he has just joined QPS.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 9:19 am
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all

there are a few different ways in, that's why a migration lawyer will look at all your options...
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

Cheers for the replies . . .

She has family in Melbourne so that would be preferable thinking about it in more detail. Looking at Victoria Pol though they say you have to have perminant residancy / citizenship to apply, not sure if this is practically do'able.

Dont really want to risk coming over on a student visa and end up doing manual labour, Ive got my eye on an unmarked ute!!

Could anyone please advise if sponsorship from the wife's aunt, uncle (ex high ranking police officer believe with Victoria ) and cousin's would help to get perminant residancy?

Many Thanks,

J
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by OzWannabee
We got sponsored by my Uncle, OH was a firefighter in the UK and he has just joined QPS.
What occupation were you when you applied as I have never heard of anyone being given a visa unless their occupation was on the wanted list?

On another note I think your hubby is the man I have been trying to track down! I was told about him by a Facebook mate who has just left the academy. I am a FF in the UK at the moment. Any chance of PMing me for a chat?

JOHN
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

Cheers for the replies . . .

She has family in Melbourne so that would be preferable thinking about it in more detail. Looking at Victoria Pol though they say you have to have perminant residancy / citizenship to apply, not sure if this is practically do'able.

Dont really want to risk coming over on a student visa and end up doing manual labour, Ive got my eye on an unmarked ute!!

Could anyone please advise if sponsorship from the wife's aunt, uncle (ex high ranking police officer believe with Victoria ) and cousin's would help to get perminant residancy?

Many Thanks,

J
The sponsorship helped us get extra points you still have to go through the points system. We came in on a 139 visa which I don't think they do anymore. My uncle lived in a rural area so that also gave us extra points.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mr luvpants
What occupation were you when you applied as I have never heard of anyone being given a visa unless their occupation was on the wanted list?

On another note I think your hubby is the man I have been trying to track down! I was told about him by a Facebook mate who has just left the academy. I am a FF in the UK at the moment. Any chance of PMing me for a chat?

JOHN
My job was on the list but only 40 points, the sponsorship and the fact that my Uncle lived rural gave us extra points.

Didn't realise he was a wanted man! He is still at the academy but feel free to PM him. He only comes home at weekends though.

Jo