QLD Police pay

Old Apr 22nd 2007, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

THESHARMANS has a brilliant futureTHESHARMANS has a brilliant futureTHESHARMANS has a brilliant futureTHESHARMANS has a brilliant futureTHESHARMANS has a brilliant futureTHESHARMANS has a brilliant futureTHESHARMANS has a brilliant future
Default QLD Police pay

Can anyone tell me what the take home pay of a QLD officer is under the PACE program. I have been told that I would go in under pay point 1.5 (As over 4 years policing experience in uk) which is around 1809AUD a fortnight BEFORE tax. Just wanted to know how much I would end up with in my hand,

Thanks
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all
Default Re: QLD Police pay

Originally Posted by THESHARMANS
Can anyone tell me what the take home pay of a QLD officer is under the PACE program. I have been told that I would go in under pay point 1.5 (As over 4 years policing experience in uk) which is around 1809AUD a fortnight BEFORE tax. Just wanted to know how much I would end up with in my hand,

Thanks
Whilst your training the pay is pretty crap around the $1400- 1500 take home, after training you then get over allowances such as nights duty allowance and OSA (operational shift allowance). I will ask around at work today and see if I can get you correct take home figures.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

THESHARMANS has a brilliant futureTHESHARMANS has a brilliant futureTHESHARMANS has a brilliant futureTHESHARMANS has a brilliant futureTHESHARMANS has a brilliant futureTHESHARMANS has a brilliant futureTHESHARMANS has a brilliant future

Many thanks for that. I take it the figure you quoted is after tax and a fortnight ??
Old Apr 24th 2007, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all

Many thanks for that. I take it the figure you quoted is after tax and a fortnight ??
Sorry, Yes thats after tax and per fortnight, got tied up in court most of the day so I couldn't get exact pay for you, I know it is hard for a lot of PACE recruits whilst at the academy especially if they have a family as well, but if you can forward plan it is only 16 Weeks and at the moment we are in arbitration with the government for our pay scales and other allowances.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Many thanks again..
If you can get your hands on exact figures for in training and after training I would be very much obliged.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

Did you ever get a figure ?

Thanks
Old Jul 11th 2007, 7:33 am
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all

I am on the current PACE course, and am on paypoint 1.5, i pull in AU$1400 per fortnight, in my hand (after tax.) I have heard mixed reports on what we get in our hand once out of the academy.

The money is not great, but eneaugh to get by. The union are going for a 30% payrise, but what we get in the end is another matter of course.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

Many thanks for that. How easy did you find it getting accepted onto the PACE programme? Also did you start the process in the UK or in Oz.
I have 19yrs service and will be 40 (Gulp) next year. Do you think that this will be a bar to joining ?
Old Jul 11th 2007, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Many thanks for that. How easy did you find it getting accepted onto the PACE programme? Also did you start the process in the UK or in Oz.
I have 19yrs service and will be 40 (Gulp) next year. Do you think that this will be a bar to joining ?

You are only a spring chicken, I was 40 when I went through, it gives you more time on our run and the obstacle course. There was a regular recruit who was 46 so NO 40 is no bar for joining, there is no age limit so if you can pass the medical and physical there should be no problems.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Cliff,thanks for that,is it true that they allowed you a day and a half for the run since you are 46?
Paul
Old Jul 11th 2007, 11:44 pm
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all

We have guys (and girls,) much older than 40 on our course, so its no problem. Just try and make an effort to work on your fitness before you start, as it will make life easier for you at the academy, and the fitness aspect will be one less thing to have to think about.

Its pretty strait forward getting accepted, they don't seem to be looking for Robocop, just people with a bit of experience, who come with good referances. You can sort it all out from the UK, i told them when i would be in Brisbane, and they sorted out the interview and medical for me at that time, and that was pretty much it. The rest was them getting my referances, and doing the complaints and discipline checks.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Cliff,thanks for that,is it true that they allowed you a day and a half for the run since you are 46?
Paul
46!!!!!! I dont feel a day over 60, yes they did allow me a day and half for the 2.5 run and its a good job I knew the local taxi driver.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

Many thanks for that. The reason I asked was that one of the lads at work has applied for Western Australia and had been told by someone that they were looking for people between 3 - 7 years service and that 35 was considered too old !!.
How long before arriving in Oz would you suggest applying ? We are hoping to be in Queensland April time should everything go as planned.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 1:48 am
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Many thanks for that. The reason I asked was that one of the lads at work has applied for Western Australia and had been told by someone that they were looking for people between 3 - 7 years service and that 35 was considered too old !!.
How long before arriving in Oz would you suggest applying ? We are hoping to be in Queensland April time should everything go as planned.
I would stick in your application as soon as you have permanant residency, get all the selection done, and tell them you are going for the May 08 course, which would be your preffered start date. I'm sure they will accomidate you.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

As Baz advises, place your app in now if you are ready at least they can get the paper trail started. As for age limits in WA this could be true but as they have so many applicants from the UK they probably need to sift them. Not only that why would you want to go to WA you would not see Miranda in that helmet and boots

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.