Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

The post WAPOL interview and fitness test comedown thread.

The post WAPOL interview and fitness test comedown thread.

Old Sep 25th 2013, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

OzPCwannaB will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The post WAPOL interview and fitness test comedown thread.

Haha! Simps, agreed, start one! Haha!
But we have a long wait ahead!
Old Sep 25th 2013, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Dinger Bell is an unknown quantity at this point

Good news.
After depressing ourselves doing a virtual online shop at Coles some weeks ago and discovering that we wouldn't be eating bananas in Oz due to their ridiculous price, we discovered that gluten free beer is cheaper in Oz than in the UK.
I reckon I will get a right thirst after cycling 30 miles to/from work in the dry heat of WA so nice to see that I can wash down the BBQ with some gluten free beer. Aaaaahhhh, I can almost taste it
It's cheaper than having a banana milkshake.
Old Sep 25th 2013, 9:29 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dinger Bell
Good news.
After depressing ourselves doing a virtual online shop at Coles some weeks ago and discovering that we wouldn't be eating bananas in Oz due to their ridiculous price, we discovered that gluten free beer is cheaper in Oz than in the UK.
I reckon I will get a right thirst after cycling 30 miles to/from work in the dry heat of WA so nice to see that I can wash down the BBQ with some gluten free beer. Aaaaahhhh, I can almost taste it
It's cheaper than having a banana milkshake.
You'll find that prices of some things swing wildly - bananas this week were only $2.50 kg - last week they were $3.50 and the week before $4. It all depends on what's in season and availability.

Beer generally is expensive - around $40 - $50 for a crate of either 24 or 30 bottles / cans, and going out is somewhere around $8 - $10 pint here although I've heard it can be higher in Perth.

Cyclists must wear a helmet in some states (not sure if it's all) and can be seen cycling on the Expressways
Old Sep 26th 2013, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
You'll find that prices of some things swing wildly - bananas this week were only $2.50 kg - last week they were $3.50 and the week before $4. It all depends on what's in season and availability.

Beer generally is expensive - around $40 - $50 for a crate of either 24 or 30 bottles / cans, and going out is somewhere around $8 - $10 pint here although I've heard it can be higher in Perth.

Cyclists must wear a helmet in some states (not sure if it's all) and can be seen cycling on the Expressways
Wearing cycling helmets is compulsory in the Bell household even before I fell off mine last year and broke an arm doing about 30mph

I'm glad to hear the price of bananas isn't permanently sky high, the kids will feel better when I tell them they will be able to have some.

I assume that is the same for all fruit and veg as peppers were also extortionate when we looked, and we do get through quite a lot of those in salads, chillies, etc.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 10:47 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dinger Bell
Wearing cycling helmets is compulsory in the Bell household even before I fell off mine last year and broke an arm doing about 30mph

I'm glad to hear the price of bananas isn't permanently sky high, the kids will feel better when I tell them they will be able to have some.

I assume that is the same for all fruit and veg as peppers were also extortionate when we looked, and we do get through quite a lot of those in salads, chillies, etc.
Some - you can also find that the markets will be cheaper for a lot of things. A lot of things look like they've been on steroids though

Oh and IGA had bananas at $1.89 today
Old Sep 26th 2013, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Maddjose is an unknown quantity at this point

Room for another?? ..... so what's happens in here then?? Boy that first beer is gonna taste good.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Maddjose, welcome to the waiting room but I'd rather call it the departure lounge. Fit lot your group today!
Old Sep 26th 2013, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Maddjose is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks dinger... yes we were a tad good, like to think the over 40's candidate lead the way.

No one failed anything....
Old Sep 27th 2013, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

Afraid I need to disagree with you there Maddjose. Not all of us oldies are super old like yourself. Some of us are simply bordering the edges.

What I would say is that when the Good ship sets sail from Limboland the shuffle boards on deck will be a busy place.

Some of you may even have sailed before - on the SS Posiedon.
Old Sep 27th 2013, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Irishcop is an unknown quantity at this point

I underestimated the come down.. Got a day off and don't know what to do with myself!! I know wot position id rather be in tho!
Old Sep 27th 2013, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

HB, I did quite a bit of time onboard Her Majesty's Warships in the Navy but never had such an iconic place to dock as Oz. I'd even take my chances getting to WAPOL on SS Titanic.
Old Sep 27th 2013, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Leave the titanic alone! It was built in my home town!!
Old Sep 27th 2013, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Irish

But the Titanic was described as unsinkable!!!

I thought she was knocked together in Liverpool and made her fateful journey from Southampton in 1912. Are you another exiled scouser?
Old Sep 27th 2013, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Yes but that iceberg popped up out of nowhere!! No no I'm Belfast born n bred (unfortunately!)
Old Sep 27th 2013, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Aye that iceberg was unfortunate not Belfast.

I must admit I prefer Portrush to Belfast. The golf course is better, and the Giants Causeway.

My history lets me down though, I defer to your knowledge of the Titanic being built in Belfast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.