Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Policing career break o/seas 2-5 years,any ideas?

Policing career break o/seas 2-5 years,any ideas?

Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

Damski is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Policing career break o/seas 2-5 years,any ideas?

I am British Bobby with 7 years service. Still young free and unmarried!!Considering career break overseas 2-5 years. Will consider anywhere...Carribean, US, Oz, NZ.... anywhere really. Anyone out there with expieriance/views or any ideas???.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 3:27 am
Just Joined

swoopy91 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Policing career break o/seas 2-5 years,any ideas?

Try the RCIP (Cayman Islands). I think they are recruiting this year, i know a lot of negative stuff has been said on this site re the RCIP - but if you want a few years in the sun, getting paid more money (by far) than at home and you like the beach/diving etc then come on over!!
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by swoopy91
Try the RCIP (Cayman Islands). I think they are recruiting this year, i know a lot of negative stuff has been said on this site re the RCIP - but if you want a few years in the sun, getting paid more money (by far) than at home and you like the beach/diving etc then come on over!!
Agreed..I have three fromer colleagues there from Hants and they have loved every minute of it..
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:42 pm
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Damski
I am British Bobby with 7 years service. Still young free and unmarried!!Considering career break overseas 2-5 years. Will consider anywhere...Carribean, US, Oz, NZ.... anywhere really. Anyone out there with expieriance/views or any ideas???.
I did a couple of years in the RCIP and would reccomend it for a two to four year stint. (Contracts are rolling two year contracts.)

The only problem is, once you have had a taste of the good life in the sun, you will not want to return to the UK!
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

source is an unknown quantity at this point

It is absolutely beautiful there
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 12:02 am
Just Joined

swoopy91 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Pompeyboy
Agreed..I have three fromer colleagues there from Hants and they have loved every minute of it..
Not suprising when 1 of em spends most of the day posing on his jet ski eying up the cruise passengers!!! The other 2 dont have it too bad either - nice quiet lil number there
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 3:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by swoopy91
Not suprising when 1 of em spends most of the day posing on his jet ski eying up the cruise passengers!!! The other 2 dont have it too bad either - nice quiet lil number there
Yeah must be easy for them with two kids under the age of three...
Life is what you make it and it sure beats nicking drunken twats in Guildhall Square every Friday and Saturday night in Portsmouth..