Police pay

Old May 4th 2014, 7:22 am
Just Joined

arronc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police pay

Originally Posted by Saxon89
if you go country you can take home up to $4,000 a fortnight...
What is considered country. Are we talking 100's of miles from any major city or town?
Old May 4th 2014, 9:31 am
Just Joined

Saxon89 is an unknown quantity at this point

the money goes up per district and station within a district, the further north you go, the more you get paid

I live in a large town of approx 20,000 people, shops, beach, airport, everything you need and I will be grossing around 120,000 AUD with free rent, (6 years in the job)

I would be grossing around 80-85 in Perth
Old Jul 6th 2014, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

Hugie2801 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Saxon89
the money goes up per district and station within a district, the further north you go, the more you get paid

I live in a large town of approx 20,000 people, shops, beach, airport, everything you need and I will be grossing around 120,000 AUD with free rent, (6 years in the job)

I would be grossing around 80-85 in Perth

Where are you stationed saxon89? Is there many cops at your station.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 5:47 am
Just Joined

Saxon89 is an unknown quantity at this point

South Hedland, Karratha and Broome are also the same, approx 60 staff, mostly frontline with supervisors, detectives, forensics etc
Old Jul 7th 2014, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

BritJitsuka is an unknown quantity at this point

This is reply I recently received from Wapol (I missed the boat this year) - answers next to my questions:

"To Whom it May Concern,

I believe that I have narrowly missed the recent application window to WAPOL for UK officers. I assume that the advertised visit by WAPOL to London later this year is in relation to recent applications, as opposed to being a further opportunity to apply? Yes – this is for those that applied in the recent campaign.

My query is three-fold:

1/Can you give me an indication as to whether another recruitment process for UK officers is expected to take place in 2015? Nothing planned at this stage – best to keep an eye on the website.

2/I note the 10 year service cap on international applicants - would this apply if I were to obtain residency off my own back and apply locally in Australia? No if you have permanent residency you can apply at any time with any length of service – the maximum we recognise though is 9 years.

3/If I were to submit a successful application locally, having obtained residency; would my previous service (currently 8 years 7 months) be recognised in terms of pay and career progression? Yes – for example with 8 years 7 months you would commence training as a 5th year constable ($73,183) and graduate as a first class constable increment 1 (($79,144 – this is not inclusive of overtime or shift penalties – you could potentially earn an extra $6-10k on top of this)"

Hope this is of some use...