Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia?-Part 2

Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia?-Part 2

Old Feb 10th 2005, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

IRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant future
Default Re: Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

Originally Posted by wardy64
Hi all, been reading with interest everyones views, have been laying low in making any comments as i think i might be one of the 60!!

Can anyone tell me ( those who have there visa) if im going in March or not.

I was asked at interview if i could start in March ? Answer YES. My head in a total spin as i cant believe i have just been offered the job! I sign what i think was a contract as i wasnt reading what was in front of me.

As i said before i got a call from Scott last Friday to submit my visa application as the Govnt has approved me ! Im ex RAF so waiting on papers from them.

What i'm asking is, the fact my application wont reach the VISA people till next week, this wont be to my detriment :scared:

Like everyone else am still in limbo as i have not been told by anyone " Alan you will be on that plane and definately starting with us on the 21st of March.

Saturday night
Hi wardy64 (Alan)

Alan is working over tonight so hopefully I can answer your questions.

As you may have read from previous posts, application sent to Australia House London Saturday 29 Jan, we contacted them on Thurs 3rd via email and was advised to send all our passports and proof of the last three years employment (don't know why?), all was sent the day after.

Our medicals were received at Australia House on Tues 8 Feb and on the 9th our passports with visa's arrived in the post.

Alan is looking at flying out to Adelaide somewhere between 14-17 of March.

Dawn

Last edited by IRONS; Feb 10th 2005 at 4:37 pm.
Old Feb 10th 2005, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Rippo is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

Hi all, been reading with interest everyones views, have been laying low in making any comments as i think i might be one of the 60!!

Can anyone tell me ( those who have there visa) if im going in March or not.

I was asked at interview if i could start in March ? Answer YES. My head in a total spin as i cant believe i have just been offered the job! I sign what i think was a contract as i wasnt reading what was in front of me.

As i said before i got a call from Scott last Friday to submit my visa application as the Govnt has approved me ! Im ex RAF so waiting on papers from them.

What i'm asking is, the fact my application wont reach the VISA people till next week, this wont be to my detriment :scared:

Like everyone else am still in limbo as i have not been told by anyone " Alan you will be on that plane and definately starting with us on the 21st of March.

Saturday night
Hi Wardy64

If you have signed the contract and received a phone call from Scott last Friday, then you are definately going on the March intake - Visa allowing.

Look forward to meeting some of you on Saturday, not long to wait now!

How is everyone today? Still stressed? Or starting to relax now. We are much more relaxed - what will be will be, and we can just keep positive and hope for some more courses very soon!

Ann
Old Feb 10th 2005, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

wardy64 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by IRONS
Hi wardy64 (Alan)

Alan is working over tonight so hopefully I can answer your questions.

As you may have read from previous posts, application sent to Australia House London Saturday 29 Jan, we contacted them on Thurs 3rd via email and was advised to send all our passports and proof of the last three years employment (don't know why?), all was sent the day after.

Our medicals were received at Australia House on Tues 8 Feb and on the 9th our passports with visa's arrived in the post.

Alan is looking at flying out to Adelaide somewhere between 14-17 of March.

Dawn

Hi Dawn, thanks for that info. Guess i will have just chill out for a mo untill i get that visa in my hand!!!! :scared:

Having put my resignation in and my last day in the job being 28th feb, maybe iv'e a little premature!!

Having spoken to Scott and asked him about flights, he said they are still in discussion with Quantas about getting a job lot of a cheap flight !!

He also said that everyone starting in March needs to be out there at least a week before !!!!!!!!!

The flight thing needs to be addressed huge on Saturday, amongst one or two other little things!!

Alan (Scottish into the bargain!) MET
Old Feb 10th 2005, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

wardy64 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rippo
Hi Wardy64

If you have signed the contract and received a phone call from Scott last Friday, then you are definately going on the March intake - Visa allowing.

Look forward to meeting some of you on Saturday, not long to wait now!

How is everyone today? Still stressed? Or starting to relax now. We are much more relaxed - what will be will be, and we can just keep positive and hope for some more courses very soon!

Ann
Hi Ann,

thanks for your reassurance. If you are right then it will be my pleasure to buy you a drink on Sat. (As a Scotsman then lucky you! My pockets are not that deep and i dont have short arms! Lol)

Have estate agents in tomorrow for valuation on the hoose, wont be sad saying good bye to dreary Bucks!!

Alan
Old Feb 10th 2005, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

peteg182 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ann,

thanks for your reassurance. If you are right then it will be my pleasure to buy you a drink on Sat. (As a Scotsman then lucky you! My pockets are not that deep and i dont have short arms! Lol)

Have estate agents in tomorrow for valuation on the hoose, wont be sad saying good bye to dreary Bucks!!

Alan
Of all those who have been asked to sign a contract, were you told on the day of your interview or was the contract sent via e-mail some time later???

Pete
Old Feb 10th 2005, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Rippo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by peteg182
Of all those who have been asked to sign a contract, were you told on the day of your interview or was the contract sent via e-mail some time later???

Pete
Hi Pete,

I think those who were interviewed before 28/01/05 were given a contract to sign (Rich was given a contract and his interview was 270105).

And those who have subsequently been selected are getting their contracts sent via the post.

I hope this helps,

Ann
Old Feb 11th 2005, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Nancy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by peteg182

Pete

Hi Pete, (and all)

We got our Contract via Email and faxed it back.

Went to the VET yesterday with my doggy Lucy and she was given the all clear to begin her Jabs so over the moon!

Anyone flying on One-Way flights we have held ours seats until Saturday evening (wait and see what SAPOL say re Qantas) £420 Singapore Airlines (This was into Sydney though as having a little holiday first!) Seems pretty cheap in comparison to others.

See you all tomorrow
Nancy

Last edited by Nancy; Feb 11th 2005 at 8:27 am.
Old Feb 11th 2005, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

gjc38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

Hi everyone - switch your phones on and stand by them - they're telephoning peeps re. March course this afternoon - we just got a call and the contract came through on the e-mail minutes later. YIPPEEEEE - mucho celebrating in Derbyshire tonight!! Good luck to the rest of you - see you tomorrow.

NANCY - What do you mean by 'given the all clear before Lucy begins jabs' - I thought you did it the other way round - got jabs then all clear?!?! I'm only starting this process with pets so a bit clueless on this front though I'm fairly organised re. the rest of the stuff - who are you using to organise your pets travel if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks
Judes
xx
Old Feb 11th 2005, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

IRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant future

Well done judes, now it's time to

See you tomorrow

Dawn
Old Feb 11th 2005, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Nancy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gjc38
Hi everyone - switch your phones on and stand by them - they're telephoning peeps re. March course this afternoon - we just got a call and the contract came through on the e-mail minutes later. YIPPEEEEE - mucho celebrating in Derbyshire tonight!! Good luck to the rest of you - see you tomorrow.

NANCY - What do you mean by 'given the all clear before Lucy begins jabs' - I thought you did it the other way round - got jabs then all clear?!?! I'm only starting this process with pets so a bit clueless on this front though I'm fairly organised re. the rest of the stuff - who are you using to organise your pets travel if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks
Judes
xx

Hi Judes,

WOW Excellent news! Congratulations!
No don't panic re the taking of pets, I had to get Lucy check out prior to starting the process as she is 15 years old. She is fit as a fiddle and EVERYONE including the VET is shocked she is not a puppy! So the VET was happy to start the process.

I am using Tony (Australia Desk) at Animal Airlines 01625 827414 they have been great so far, I know I have not been anywhere yet, but they came highly recommended from Adelaidebrits forum. Also the customer service so far has been superb!
I have heaps of info on how to get started with it all etc, you need to apply for certain certificates from DEFRA and AQIS so just PM me and i'll give you my email address, or we can talk at tomorrows openday - goodness knows how anyone will recognise anyone else!
I have details on shipping companies etc too so if you need?

I am so paranoid about Lucy being in Quarantine I am flying into Melbourne for 30 days whilst Hubbie is at Largs Bay, as you can visit and walk you dogs.

Anyway So pleased enjoy your celebrations!
See you tomorrow?
Nancy
Old Feb 11th 2005, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

gjc38 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Dawn and Nancy - again - good luck everyone! If it's any consolation I'm sure the wait will be worth it for ALL of us.

Judes and Geoff
xx
Old Feb 11th 2005, 5:23 pm
Don't ask.....

Renters is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gjc38
Thanks Dawn and Nancy - again - good luck everyone! If it's any consolation I'm sure the wait will be worth it for ALL of us.

Judes and Geoff
xx
Here's some info as of 1/2 hour ago.......

All but one have been contacted re. March. There are emails coming out to the rest. The files are going back tomorrow and we will get feedback with regard to the exam results in about 4 weeks. SAPOL staff are going back on Monday. We (those that are not going in March) are now in a pool of about 100. They will draw on this pool when they have a shortfall of local recruits. The pool will be ranked. I was advised to email both Scott and recruitment in Adelaide to get specific feedback with regard to my application. The lady (Peta) I spoke to couldn't tell me by how much the intakes were undersubscribed and so no way of knowing (approx) how many at a time they would be taking. No news as to any other dates ...still.

Oh well, no change for me really, same old stuff. It really does help to get some more information though. I have been stressing something rotten but feel a bit better now.

Very well done and the best of luck to everyone going in March (5 and a bit weeks to go :scared: :scared: :scared: )

Me, in a few hours I'm off to break my neck skiing!

Happy holidays
Old Feb 11th 2005, 5:40 pm
A&M
Forum Regular

A&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant future
Unhappy Re: Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

Originally Posted by Renters
Here's some info as of 1/2 hour ago.......

All but one have been contacted re. March. There are emails coming out to the rest. The files are going back tomorrow and we will get feedback with regard to the exam results in about 4 weeks. SAPOL staff are going back on Monday. We (those that are not going in March) are now in a pool of about 100. They will draw on this pool when they have a shortfall of local recruits. The pool will be ranked. I was advised to email both Scott and recruitment in Adelaide to get specific feedback with regard to my application. The lady (Peta) I spoke to couldn't tell me by how much the intakes were undersubscribed and so no way of knowing (approx) how many at a time they would be taking. No news as to any other dates ...still.

Oh well, no change for me really, same old stuff. It really does help to get some more information though. I have been stressing something rotten but feel a bit better now.

Very well done and the best of luck to everyone going in March (5 and a bit weeks to go :scared: :scared: :scared: )

Me, in a few hours I'm off to break my neck skiing!

Happy holidays
Well you beat me to it. Info I had through a third party indicates that the top 60 have been chosen and issued contracts.

Everyone else is going into a pool with no further dates as yet .....

Very disappointing (especially as we've spent a shed load of money on tests etc) much like others.

Apparently information packs will be available tomorrow at the information but there's only enough for 60 - so any point in travelling to London???

Congratulations to the 60 and good luck (watch out for those mining towns!)

Hopefully we'll (all 100 of us) will be joining you soon.
Old Feb 11th 2005, 7:34 pm
Claguey

claguey is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I was one of the lucky ones, got the phone call at about 4.30pm while we were en-route to London on the train, half the carriage stared while i ran up and down!!
I am so happy but feel like s**t for everyone else, I am genuinely crossing my fingers for everyone else

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE, I really mean it

Phil.
Old Feb 11th 2005, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

kraka is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by A&M
Well you beat me to it. Info I had through a third party indicates that the top 60 have been chosen and issued contracts.

Everyone else is going into a pool with no further dates as yet .....

Very disappointing (especially as we've spent a shed load of money on tests etc) much like others.

Apparently information packs will be available tomorrow at the information but there's only enough for 60 - so any point in travelling to London???

Congratulations to the 60 and good luck (watch out for those mining towns!)

Hopefully we'll (all 100 of us) will be joining you soon.

Hi all,

Apart from a quick contribution earlier in this procees, I have just been watching this. Time to speak up now i think.

First, I have to say that on the various visits to London that i have made i have been honoured to meet the the applicants in this process. I would walk into a full-scale disorder with any of you. I respect your experience and your obvious diverse outlook that has led you to be in this process in the first place.

Bit pi##ed so excuse the typing. Been on the wine (Spanish!!)

I got this e-mail today

"Dear Applicant

Congratulations on successfully passing your exam, physical assessment and interview!

You are deemed to be a suitable applicant, your file will be held in a competitive pool of applicants. Please note, this advice is NOT an offer or guarantee of employment with SAPOL.

The March places have been offered and the process is now complete.

At this time we do NOT have confirmation of any further courses, dates or numbers.

If any further courses are confirmed candidates will be selected from the competitive pool based on merit. If further courses are confirmed all candidates will be advised by email whether they are selected or not.

With kind regards"

I want my money back (physicals, ECGs train fares, hotels, etc). Anyone joining me to make a joint claim? I'll be there tommorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.