Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

Old Jan 12th 2005, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

tksb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

Originally Posted by aeb78
Also, forgot to mention, I have a contact in S.A police who is a patrol sergeant.
Don't know him too well, so couldn't ask him to do any digging for me.
However, he does tell me that S.A police are asking for volunteers from the police over there, to become liason officers, to assist the british cops coming over.
A little bit of reassurance!
aeb78,

You may already have it, but here is Scott Oster's e-mail address [email protected]

I did get through to him on that number 0207 887 5124, just over an hour ago. It took me several attempts to get through. He's obviously busy telling us all the same things seperately, it's a shame they have not posted something out on one of the numerous websites for everyone's info.

Trev.
Old Jan 12th 2005, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

ccuz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tksb
aeb78,

You may already have it, but here is Scott Oster's e-mail address [email protected]

I did get through to him on that number 0207 887 5124, just over an hour ago. It took me several attempts to get through. He's obviously busy telling us all the same things seperately, it's a shame they have not posted something out on one of the numerous websites for everyone's info.

Trev.
Did he give any more information? I've also heard that there are some applicants being tested on the 14th, the same test we all sat on 5/6.
Old Jan 12th 2005, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

The Hastie Family is an unknown quantity at this point

Spoke to Scott Oster today, he anticipates that they will have approximately 50% go through from the aptitude test stage, and said that approx 400 have sat the exam's.

Oh dear! Going to be a lot of disappointed cops come Monday The marking must be tough
Old Jan 12th 2005, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Rippo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Hastie Family
Oh dear! Going to be a lot of disappointed cops come Monday The marking must be tough
Well my husband and I have just read the 50% pass, and are now feeling quite dejected. He has had an extra glass of water (trying to get that body fat percentage down), and I have had 2 glasses of wine already...(I'm not applying!) Now thinking about what to do in UK if all goes horribly wrong!

How did you guys feel about the exam? Felt that the man blown up down a well questions (and similar) were a bit odd, and didn't really understand them.
How about you?
Old Jan 12th 2005, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

Rippo, I'm new to this, but have too applied for SAPOL. Could you possibly let me have details of where you got the exercise E.C.G. in Swindon. There at least three of us (out of the 7 that I know of from my force) that will require ECG if we've got through the aptitude tests. Despite looking have not found anywhere locally yet. (Bristol)

Spoke to Scott Oster today, he anticipates that they will have approximately 50% go through from the aptitude test stage, and said that approx 400 have sat the exam's.

He did say that your fitness test and interview should be held on the same day and you should know the result before you leave.

Trev.
Hi, the place where Rich got his EGC done for £90, was with DR MOWOTZIN, Ridge Green Medical Centre, Ramleaze, Swindon. The contact number is 01793 877700.
The doctor was great, explained everything about what was happening. He is a German Cardiologist who is now a GP and still does some cardiology on the side!
Let me know how you get on....
Old Jan 12th 2005, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

kirand is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Rippo]

At a 50% pass rate and with my spelling.....just gald I have decided not to do medicals/ecg etc yet!
Having not adjusted the tests to suit the type of applicant they are looking at, I believe that they will lose some good experienced officers.
Old Jan 12th 2005, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Nancy is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know the pay whilst in training then the pay once out? Sorry my Adobe is not working so can't access SAPOL forms to read them.

Thanks Nancy
Old Jan 12th 2005, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

ccuz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nancy
Does anyone know the pay whilst in training then the pay once out? Sorry my Adobe is not working so can't access SAPOL forms to read them.

Thanks Nancy
South Australia Police
Salary Structure and Rates of Pay
Cadet / Probationary Constable / Constable
Cadet $35,000
Probationary Constable $40,641
Constable (Years of Service)
1 $41,513
2 $42,385
3 $43,257
4 $44,129
5 $45,001
6 $45,873
7 $46,745
8 $47,616
Senior Constable / Senior Constable First Class and Brevet Sergeant (Years of Service)
1 $50,711
2 $51,843
3 $52,975
4 $54,107
5 $55,239
6 $56,375
Senior Constable First Class and Brevet Sergeant
can progress to Increment 7 after 12 months
service at Increment 6
7 $57,181
Sergeant (Years of Service)
1 $58,187
2 $59,563
3 $60,939
4 $62,315
5 $63,674
Senior Sergeant (Years of Service)
1 $66,350
2 $67,330
3 $68,310
4 $69,290
5 $70,272

Inspector (Years of Service)
1 $84,872
2 $86,822
3 $88,772
4 $90,706
Chief Inspector $93,207
Superintendent (Years of Service)
1 $94,255
2 $96,575
3 $98,895
4 $101,212
Chief Superintendent $106,940
Commander $110,740

Shift Allowances
Shift allowances for police officers are paid in addition to normal salary, at the following rates:
Afternoon and night shift 15%
Saturdays and Sundays 50%
Public Holidays (rostered on duty) 150%
Public Holidays (rostered off duty) 100%
Annual Leave Loading (day worker) 17.5%
Annual Leave Loading (shift worker) 20%
Future Increases
Pay Rates increase from 1/7/05 by 3.5%
Pay Rates increase from 30/6/06 by 3.5%

Hope this helps Nancy

Old Jan 12th 2005, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Nancy is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent thanks so much.
Old Jan 12th 2005, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs down Re: Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

[QUOTE=kirand]
Originally Posted by Rippo

At a 50% pass rate and with my spelling.....just gald I have decided not to do medicals/ecg etc yet!
Having not adjusted the tests to suit the type of applicant they are looking at, I believe that they will lose some good experienced officers.
Hi Kirand,

I have to agree with you. I think that everyone who "passes" the exam should be given the chance to complete the fitness test and interview. My husband is not great at exams but is a fantastic and well respected copper. He is extremely fit for his age, and can outlast the majority of the new recruits on the shuttle run, it would be a shame is he didn't get through just because he can't spell "dunny" or "Sheila", or because he didn't know why the man died down the well, without the back up of CSI and other forensic experts!
Old Jan 12th 2005, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

Hi Kirand,

I have to agree with you. I think that everyone who "passes" the exam should be given the chance to complete the fitness test and interview. My husband is not great at exams but is a fantastic and well respected copper. He is extremely fit for his age, and can outlast the majority of the new recruits on the shuttle run, it would be a shame is he didn't get through just because he can't spell "dunny" or "Sheila", or because he didn't know why the man died down the well, without the back up of CSI and other forensic experts!

Rippo,

The question should not have been...why did the three men die down the well...but how can we record this as one incident!!!
Old Jan 12th 2005, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kirand
Rippo,

The question should not have been...why did the three men die down the well...but how can we record this as one incident!!!
So how can we fix the figures to get 3 cleared up crimes out of one incident...
Any way Kirand where are you from? Was thinking about making some friends and if Rich gets through to next stage you could all wear pink carnations when you go for fitness test. We are from Wiltshire
Old Jan 12th 2005, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

So how can we fix the figures to get 3 cleared up crimes out of one incident...
Any way Kirand where are you from? Was thinking about making some friends and if Rich gets through to next stage you could all wear pink carnations when you go for fitness test. We are from Wiltshire
We are from North Wales....but used to manage the Waggon and Horses pub in Beckhampton back in 1994 (Wiltshire were not recruiting then!), so know that area of Wiltshire.
Once we all know whats happening then we could make arrangements on the day of next tests.
But need to keep feet on floor and see what comes back from SAPOL on test results.
From the turn out inLondon, I suspect that all who submitted apps were invited to tests and it is only now that all the apps and exam sheets are being looked at by SAPOL in SA.
Old Jan 12th 2005, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

Originally Posted by kirand
We are from North Wales....but used to manage the Waggon and Horses pub in Beckhampton back in 1994 (Wiltshire were not recruiting then!), so know that area of Wiltshire.
Once we all know whats happening then we could make arrangements on the day of next tests.
But need to keep feet on floor and see what comes back from SAPOL on test results.
From the turn out inLondon, I suspect that all who submitted apps were invited to tests and it is only now that all the apps and exam sheets are being looked at by SAPOL in SA.
Hi yes, I think you are right. Rich works in Devizes, and travels along the Beckhampton straight twice a day! I am in Swindon working in an MIR.
Good luck, will post on here as soon as I hear anything. Off to watch BB and Desperate Housewives....ok sad I know...
Old Jan 12th 2005, 8:13 pm
GMC1

aeb78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Any Examples Of The Questions On The Tests Please??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.