Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Police officer transfer from uk to Canada

Police officer transfer from uk to Canada

Old Jul 4th 2012, 6:34 am
Just Joined

Gavin1510 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police officer transfer from uk to Canada

Hi guys, my husband got Canadian citizenship but living in uk and works with Kent police. Is there any chance that he can get transfer over Canada or if we move there he will get a job of same level? Is he supposed to do some training or some tests? What r the career prospects of police officer in Canada? What about salary? If can transfer, then how long will take ? MANY THANKS
Old Jul 4th 2012, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

stewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant future
Default Re: Police officer transfer from uk to Canada

You can't transfer as such. You just resign from whatever force you're in in the UK and then try and join a Canadian force. If you're already a Canadian citizen you could do it tomorrow.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

Has he had to do some training there before joining...
Old Jul 5th 2012, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

stewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant future

Yes. All the training a normal Canadian recruit would do, starting from the very bottom*. On the upside, after 5 years in a Western Canadian force, you could be making about what a Superintendent makes in the UK.

*As far as I know.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

Thanks
Old Jul 6th 2012, 10:38 am
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

Hi,
I'm with Kent. Went through the whole process with OPP some years ago, but couldn't take up there offer.
PM me for a chat if you want about their process.
Old Jul 7th 2012, 1:21 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gavin

I just noticed that you are a new poster so wanted to say welcome to BE and the Police forum.
Looks like you are already getting some useful replies from other posters so all the best.

Dread - x
Old Jul 11th 2012, 2:21 pm
Banned

Boy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stewie_griffin
Yes. All the training a normal Canadian recruit would do, starting from the very bottom*. On the upside, after 5 years in a Western Canadian force, you could be making about what a Superintendent makes in the UK.

*As far as I know.
true about the earnings. A level on e cst here makes around the equivalent of 55,000 pounds per year. As a Sgt it's about 70 k pounds, with over time more like 100,000 pounds
Old May 27th 2013, 11:29 pm
D_R
Just Joined

D_R is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I'm interested in any advice anyone can offer about joining the canadian police as a UK officer.

Thanks
Old May 28th 2013, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future

Hi D_R,

What kind of advice are you looking for? There are several ex UK Officers on this forum who are now in Canadian Police Services.

Feel free to PM me.

Regards

Nige
Old Jun 20th 2013, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

paul5132 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nige,

Im interested in transferring over to Canada with the Police but dont know the process, i have emailed some forces over there and they state i need to be a permanent resident before i apply, but how do i do this if i am already in the force here??? could you PM me and give me some advice?

Thanks,

Paul
Old Jun 26th 2013, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

Dubnut76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I'm a new forum member and I am interested in getting out of the UK and across to Canada as a police officer. I currently serve in the UK and feel that a change is in order.
I'm looking toward Toronto area as I have relatives in and around there. I'd welcome any advice that would help.

Cheers.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future

Hi Dubnut76,

At the moment, no Police Service in Canada except for BC Transit Police (Vancouver area) are recruiting internationally. If you already have citizenship or PR, then you can apply to any police service in Canada, so long as they are recruiting locally.

If you wish to apply to the RCMP, then you must be a Canadian Citizen.

Kind Regards

Nige
Old Jun 26th 2013, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

Dubnut76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nige,

I'm guessing I ought to go down the route of getting citizenship or permanent residency first.
I would look to BC as I have friends out there but my own family would struggle with travel if coming over to visit given that all the others are Ontario based.

Thanks for the advice,

Kenny aka Dubnut76
Old Jan 8th 2014, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

MetPolice2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, I am a police officer with The Metropolitan Police Service. I have a question: is it really that impossible to transfer from uk police forces to places like Canada and the U.S.A?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.