police bashing.

Old Aug 20th 2009, 9:37 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute
Default police bashing.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=624958&page=6

feel free folks to join in on this thread and assist me educate these muppets who appear to think we are all neo nazi thugs policing a communist state, communist stylee.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 12:15 am
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all
Default Re: police bashing.

I find many of the attitudes towards police on this board are a fairly good reflection of many people in the UK's attitude towards any form of authority, or government. Somewhere along the line many people in the UK lost all respect for anyone, or anything in the UK, including the police.

As a British person i hate to say this, but having served in the job in a few different countries now, and living overseas, i generally find when dealing with British 'suspects / offenders,' they seem to have the most stinking attitude towards authority, and i have also noticed this is reflected in some of the comments in here in BE.

It never ceases to amaze me when they come over here as guests in the country where i work, and then treat the authorities with contempt, i'm not sure what happens in the UK now when they behave like this, i presume very little otherwise they would not do it in the first place, but happily here they end up in the cells.

It just makes me glad i am no longer in the job in the UK, i find the vast majority of the population where i live are very supportive of the police, and appreciate what we do. It makes a difficult job much easier to do.

P.S : The simplest solution is not to bother getting involved in the argument in the first place, people will believe what they want to believe, in many cases based on their predjudices, no matter what the actual truth of the matter is. 99% of the police bashers have no idea what it is like to do the job, the closest they have been to a riot or public order incident is pushing to the front of the que at the local wine bar, yet they are all self professed experts. Its amazing, people don't tell surgeons or firemen how to do their job, yet when it comes to policing all the arm chair critics seem to think otherwise.

Last edited by Baz; Aug 21st 2009 at 12:21 am.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 12:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rae
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=624958&page=6

feel free folks to join in on this thread and assist me educate these muppets who appear to think we are all neo nazi thugs policing a communist state, communist stylee.
That is a pathetic way to deal with the points raised in that thread
Old Aug 21st 2009, 1:41 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
That is a pathetic way to deal with the points raised in that thread
no its not, its pointing out a fact to other potentially interested members, what is pathetic is you tracking me across the forum and adds more fuel to my point.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 1:43 am
rae
Settled.

Originally Posted by Baz
I find many of the attitudes towards police on this board are a fairly good reflection of many people in the UK's attitude towards any form of authority, or government. Somewhere along the line many people in the UK lost all respect for anyone, or anything in the UK, including the police.

As a British person i hate to say this, but having served in the job in a few different countries now, and living overseas, i generally find when dealing with British 'suspects / offenders,' they seem to have the most stinking attitude towards authority, and i have also noticed this is reflected in some of the comments in here in BE.

It never ceases to amaze me when they come over here as guests in the country where i work, and then treat the authorities with contempt, i'm not sure what happens in the UK now when they behave like this, i presume very little otherwise they would not do it in the first place, but happily here they end up in the cells.

It just makes me glad i am no longer in the job in the UK, i find the vast majority of the population where i live are very supportive of the police, and appreciate what we do. It makes a difficult job much easier to do.

P.S : The simplest solution is not to bother getting involved in the argument in the first place, people will believe what they want to believe, in many cases based on their predjudices, no matter what the actual truth of the matter is. 99% of the police bashers have no idea what it is like to do the job, the closest they have been to a riot or public order incident is pushing to the front of the que at the local wine bar, yet they are all self professed experts. Its amazing, people don't tell surgeons or firemen how to do their job, yet when it comes to policing all the arm chair critics seem to think otherwise.
very well put and true, unfortunately sometimes i can't help myself, unfair and unjust criticism, know what i mean
Old Aug 21st 2009, 4:11 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rae
feel free folks to join in on this thread and assist me educate these muppets...
That would be the other thread where you deny arrogance.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

DaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really niceDaisyD_UK is just really nice

Let them fill their boots with their petty, Daily hate Mail opinion and ignore them. They're not worth getting your knickers in a twist over. It's not like they'll change their opinions because we want them too. We know the truth about policing. Lets face it, though, they'll be the first to dial 999 if something nasty was to happen to them. Then they'll just look like big old hypocrites.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 11:30 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

The sad thing is there was no police bashing anyway. That thread featured some criticism (just a few posts) of some very particular aspects of policing, specifically mentioned as not being typical of normal policing behaviour.

Perhaps that's why there's been so little response to trawling for support in educating some of us.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 12:48 am
rae
Settled.

Originally Posted by BristolUK
The sad thing is there was no police bashing anyway. That thread featured some criticism (just a few posts) of some very particular aspects of policing, specifically mentioned as not being typical of normal policing behaviour.

Perhaps that's why there's been so little response to trawling for support in educating some of us.
or it could be that this part of the forum simply does not have as many people logging onto it as others. strange that the little group of nerdowells that talk to one another are popping up on here in dribs and drabs looking to justify their position. i am quite sure i do not have to, anyone can read the thread in question and see for themselves.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 12:49 am
rae
Settled.

Originally Posted by DaisyD_UK
Let them fill their boots with their petty, Daily hate Mail opinion and ignore them. They're not worth getting your knickers in a twist over. It's not like they'll change their opinions because we want them too. We know the truth about policing. Lets face it, though, they'll be the first to dial 999 if something nasty was to happen to them. Then they'll just look like big old hypocrites.
quite, just find it very annoying, particularly as they are now popping up on here trying to twist things.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 12:49 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Baz

Can someone tell me how to quickly change the word 'British' to 'English'.....????

CTRL-F then replace didnt work....
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 12:50 am
rae
Settled.

Originally Posted by BristolUK
That would be the other thread where you deny arrogance.
thats right, what you quote above is not me being arrogant, simply a call to other interested parties to educate muppets. if the cap fits, and i am sure there is one even for your head.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 1:08 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by rae
or it could be that this part of the forum simply does not have as many people logging onto it as others. strange that the little group of nerdowells that talk to one another are popping up on here in dribs and drabs looking to justify their position.
Except that over 120 views attracted by a nice juicy title seems to have resulted in anti-climax for those who looked and saw nothing to justify it.

This little group you mentioned that talks to one another.....I don't even recognise the nicknames of those other posters who made comments and I only see the name of one other poster from there who came here.

Dribs and drabs? That's almost as funny as you suggesting people were PMing each other to gang up on you when you were actually trying to drum up your own support to come and educate some people.

That you don't see believing that people of a differing opinion to yourself need educating is arrogant is quite astonishing.

Just because you have a spade doesn't mean you should keep digging the hole.

Last edited by BristolUK; Aug 22nd 2009 at 1:10 am.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 1:14 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rae
quite, just find it very annoying, particularly as they are now popping up on here trying to twist things.
Paranoid as well as arrogant

Last edited by Grayling; Aug 22nd 2009 at 1:26 am.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Grayling
Paranoid as well as arrogant
This is a police related forum so please go back and crawl under the rock you came from. Rae has simply used this topic to attempt to give the thread in question some balanced discussion. You are obviously extremely insecure as you have to keep attacking, rather than simply accepting that people might have different views to your own blinkered and/or biased ones.

Bye for now.

Tim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.