Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

PNP application any advice

PNP application any advice

Old Jan 3rd 2008, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

martintaylor1547 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PNP application any advice

Happy New Year To All

I have been offered a job by Calgary Police and whilst over in Calgary in October I submitted my application to Edmonton for the PNP scheme its now Jan and no news.

Getting a bit concerned about the time frame, any one out there happy to share their experience with PNP procees and hopefully put my mind at rest re the time its taking

Cheers

Martin
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 5:57 pm
Painting r own Rainbow

WelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to all
Default Re: PNP application any advice

Originally Posted by martintaylor1547
Happy New Year To All

I have been offered a job by Calgary Police and whilst over in Calgary in October I submitted my application to Edmonton for the PNP scheme its now Jan and no news.

Getting a bit concerned about the time frame, any one out there happy to share their experience with PNP procees and hopefully put my mind at rest re the time its taking

Cheers

Martin
Hi Martin

Can't help with PNP (yet) but just wanted to say hope you hear soon and happy new year... a year when all yr dreams come true eh
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of

Happy New Year To All

Cheers

Martin
Just wondered, if you have been offered a job with Calgary PS why are you submitting an app for PNP with Edmonton?
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of

Happy New Year To All

Cheers

Martin
Just so you get an idea..

I sat the written exam for EPS in October 2005.
I did my testing etc in Edmonton February 2006
After background checks etc got the job offer June 2006
Got my PNP December 2006
Emigrated to Edmonton July 2007.

Hope this helps..
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 10:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pompeyboy
Just wondered, if you have been offered a job with Calgary PS why are you submitting an app for PNP with Edmonton?
I think he means he submitted the PNP paperwork to Edmonton (the city, not the police ) as this is where they are processed ....
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ann m
I think he means he submitted the PNP paperwork to Edmonton (the city, not the police ) as this is where they are processed ....
Ah I understand now...thanks..I guess the timescale still applies though..Cheers
Old Jan 4th 2008, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Just to clarify Yes my paperwork has gone to Edmonton the city for processing and I am hoping to join the Calgary Police Service

Hope this is a little clearer

cheers

martin
Old Jan 5th 2008, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

AllanG is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Martin

Just put in the picture I am in the same PNP process, when you submitted your PNP Application to Edmonton, it would have been forwarded to London CHC as you are in the UK.

I believe after London have gone through it all, you will receive a letter telling you to book your medicals, just cost me a cool £900 + for a family of 5,then you will bite your nails and wait to hear from CHC as to whether or not all is good.

We did receive a letter in the interim,which was prior to letter for the medicals but this was just clarify a date on the application, which to me proved that someone had really scrutinized every detail on the application, as it was a tiny time line error that many had missed previously, including me.

I think it took about 3-4 months to get the letter for the medicals, and I guess like you I watched for the post each day, as I do for the next letter which will instuct us to submit the passports CHC for the visa's etc or not, if the medicals weren't good ?. Don't really know how this bit works yet !

I think CHC try to complete the whole process in about 6-8 months for Calgary Police. I believe that they trying to make it as near to 6 months as possible for CPS but don't hold me to that.

I hope this is some help

Regards Allan
Old Jan 7th 2008, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Allan,

I thought the paperwork came back to you from Edmonton first and then you forwarded it to london along with fees and the original forms and your pici's for the the visa.

Can anyone clarify what happens

martin
Old Jan 12th 2008, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

AllanG is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Martin

Sorry mate you are right, the paperwork does come back to you first !

I forgot that bit, we have sent so much paperwork to different locations, as we also had a Skilled PR Application submitted which needed to be sorted, all very confusing.

Regards

Allan
Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

had a call from file manager paperwork on its way back !!!!!

then onto london for the next part of the wait

calgary are planning 2 experienced officer courses one in may and then in nov

for us brits

cheers

martin