Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

ARE NZ POLICE RECRUITING AGAIN IN THE UK?

ARE NZ POLICE RECRUITING AGAIN IN THE UK?

Old May 31st 2010, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

golding2888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ARE NZ POLICE RECRUITING AGAIN IN THE UK?

Hi Anyone,

I applied in 2004 and got in had to do fitness and interview in london. unfortunately my mother was very ill and had to cancel my application then.

Now im all ready with 9 years service behind me...does anyone know if NZ will do another recruitment drive in the uk?

please let me know
Old Jun 1st 2010, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

JasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to all
Default Re: ARE NZ POLICE RECRUITING AGAIN IN THE UK?

Hi
It is very unlikely. There are about 500 of us here now.

I have heard that they are going to South East Asia to fill a load of vacancies in South Auckland.

You could always come over and do the testing like I did but you may not get previous experience taken into account when it comes to pay scale etc..

By the way, night shifts can be really boring. Thats why I'm writing this at 5.45 am!!!!!!
Old Jun 8th 2010, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

golding2888 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Jason

So how did you get in? I spoke to nz recruiting and they basically said to me that I cant apply until i get a resident visa?

So its a pain really? how many service did you have when you apply?

Jess
Old Jun 8th 2010, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

JasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to all

I applied first and then got my permanent residency when I had the job offer. At the time the Police was one of the jobs on the shortgage list. It might be worth checking the NZ immigration website to see if it is still on the list.

I do know some UK cops who came over here off their own backs before the conversion courses started and they had no problems. I was also going to do that but got offered the conversion course which was shorter so I did that.

In NZ police it depends who you talk to, you can ask 3 people the same question and get 3 different answers.

The person to talk to is a lady called Chrissie Straayer, in Wellington. She was our point of contact for the Uk cops and was very good.

Also have a look at the website www.newcops.co.nz

I had just over 6 and a half years in when I came out and I know a few who only had 3.

Good Luck