Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

New Canadian uk Police Recruitment 2013

New Canadian uk Police Recruitment 2013

Old Jul 4th 2013, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

22marcoronaldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Canadian uk Police Recruitment 2013

Originally Posted by skippy2107
Fantastic, so they will sponsor you if accepted or do you have residency?
Residency is granted on acceptance. Long way to go yet though
Old Jul 4th 2013, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

cleverley1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I just sent an email to the same address in the thread.

Am I to understand then that provided you get a conditional employment offer from them that you can then show this offer to immigration to gain PR status?

Thanks
Old Jul 4th 2013, 7:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cleverley1986
Am I to understand then that provided you get a conditional employment offer from them that you can then show this offer to immigration to gain PR status?
Not that simple I'm afraid! You'd either need them to sponsor you under the BC PNP, or to be out there working on a TWP (for which you'd need a LMO) and then apply as FSW (category 2 - arranged employment).

Another option would be to apply under the CEC once you've worked there for a year or more.

HTH.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

jim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond repute

They will sponsor you under B.C PNP if successful in recruitment process.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

Jim,

Thanks for the reply!

Can you please shed some light as to what your background is and what you have done so far? Also could you please point me in the right direction for the BC PNP??? I'll try googling.

Thanks again, gives me hope!

John
Old Jul 4th 2013, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

sorry for bumping - need an extra post to view pm
Old Jul 4th 2013, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

OK I got the up to date news from the recruitment department.

So this is how it is.

There are 8 positions available in November 2013. There are 15 positions available in April 2014. What happens is that they take all the applications from Canada and from overseas and they give priority to Canadians BUT being a police officer to begin with would definitely help. Essentially the way it works is that the Transit Police would go to immigration and say "Hey look at all the experienced police officers we have from around the world that want to be here." This would possible...POSSIBLY...convince the Canadian immigration to allow the Transit police to sponsor you in.

So once you do the application if you are successful you then have to do a written, retina, POPAT and interview etc however if you are coming from overseas then they try to do it all in one week so you don't have to go back and forth.

If you were to be successful and they offered you a place you would then have to pay $10000CAD for 9 months training. This can be paid in installments and your starting pay is $58000CAD.

I hope this helps...getting my application done tomorrow!!!
Old Jul 5th 2013, 7:03 am
Just Joined

22marcoronaldo is an unknown quantity at this point

OK I got the up to date news from the recruitment department.

So this is how it is.

There are 8 positions available in November 2013. There are 15 positions available in April 2014. What happens is that they take all the applications from Canada and from overseas and they give priority to Canadians BUT being a police officer to begin with would definitely help. Essentially the way it works is that the Transit Police would go to immigration and say "Hey look at all the experienced police officers we have from around the world that want to be here." This would possible...POSSIBLY...convince the Canadian immigration to allow the Transit police to sponsor you in.

So once you do the application if you are successful you then have to do a written, retina, POPAT and interview etc however if you are coming from overseas then they try to do it all in one week so you don't have to go back and forth.

If you were to be successful and they offered you a place you would then have to pay $10000CAD for 9 months training. This can be paid in installments and your starting pay is $58000CAD.

I hope this helps...getting my application done tomorrow!!!
Cheers mate hope to see you out there got to get my eye test done for next
Week and find my qualification certificates and should be sorted
Old Jul 5th 2013, 11:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Only 23 jobs?! I wouldn't have thought there's any chance of a foreign worker getting one then with so many Canadians that will apply, surely?
Old Jul 8th 2013, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Not really an update but just about to finish my appication but I was missing a few documents they needed and when I called them got this...

Their words not mine...

"Take as long as you need to get all the documents...we have so many applications from the UK and we haven't even spoken to immigration or put the case forward yet. We also only have 8 positions in November and 15 positions in April."

Not the most inspiring but must keep the faith!!!
Old Jul 8th 2013, 10:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I'm confused, why would they need to 'put the case forward' to CIC? If the job qualifies for a visa, then it qualifies?
Old Jul 9th 2013, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

stewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Only 23 jobs?! I wouldn't have thought there's any chance of a foreign worker getting one then with so many Canadians that will apply, surely?
There is absolutely no chance of finding 23 local people in Western Canada who want to be transit cops for longer than a few months. None.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by stewie_griffin
There is absolutely no chance of finding 23 local people in Western Canada who want to be transit cops for longer than a few months. None.
How so?
Old Jul 9th 2013, 10:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by stewie_griffin
There's a lot just on BE who've been unemployed for quite a while and would take *any* job they were offered thanks to the global economy!
Old Jul 10th 2013, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

stewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant future

How so?
I'm generalising of course, but the problem with recuiting Transit cops is that a) they always leave to join the regular police after a few months. and b) the good economy in Western Canada means that the wages are relatively poor.

Example: In Calgary or Edmonton you can earn CAN$110 p.a. (about GBP 70k) as a Constable after 3-5 years. The cost of living, taxes etc in those cities is broadly comparable to the UK OK, so you'd have to work some OT, nights and so on, but you'd effectively be earning what a Superintendent earns in the UK but as a PC.

BUT even with those wages, they can't recruit enough locals to replace retirees, so they're having to go elsewhere eg recruiting road trips to Regina and Ottowa in September. You can easily earn more in the Oilfield than you can in the police.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.