Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

New Canadian uk Police Recruitment 2013

New Canadian uk Police Recruitment 2013

Old Feb 13th 2013, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future
Default Re: New Canadian uk Police Recruitment 2013

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
If PR is the minimum requirement, then they must be expecting applicants to already be a PR I'd think? Can't see them waiting the 18 months or so it would take for applicants to get PR via sponsorship from them.
I agree, there is no mention anywhere on the BC Transit website about international recruitment. The PR/Citizen criteria is just a standard minimum requirement for a career with them.

So, until one of those UK/international officers receives a reply from them, it is unknown whether or not they'll be sponsored for PR or responsible for obtaining a visa by another route.

Nige
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

jim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond repute

So I got a reply from the Transit Police,

'Thank you for your interest in the Metro Vancouver Transit Police application process. http://www.transitpolice.bc.ca/

We apologize for any delays in our response. This initiative, in accepting applications from serving Police Officers from the United Kingdom or the United States of America, is a new process for the Transit Police and we wanted to ensure we could provide applicants with the attention they deserve.

As such, we are currently working with Government of Canada's department of Citizen and Immigration Canada to ensure a smooth transition during the Permanent Residency process.

Our aim is to have a thorough information package available by the end of February 2013. This package should satisfy any inquiries you may have regarding the application process; training requirements; the Justice Institute of British Columbia; Government of British Columbia Police Services Division.

We appreciate your patience as this process is developed and again thank you for your interest'.
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Philbo2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

So did I, identical to above! Interesting they are looking at USA too... Will wait and see, not going to get over excited...
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

foregonereality is an unknown quantity at this point

I've sent an e-mail to them. Hopefully they may entertain applications from Ireland too. Edmonton and Calgary were all for it - but I won't hold my breath.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Philbo2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone BTP here?
Old Mar 1st 2013, 2:50 am
Just Joined

Livinthegoodlife is an unknown quantity at this point

Steve is right. Vancouver Transit are recruiting at the moment but I am not sure if they are offering to assist with immigration in anyway. I am ex- met but have been with Vancouver Police for just over eight years.
The door closed on the overseas recruiting for the VPD a number of years ago and about 25 ex brit cops managed to squeeze in before the door slammed shut.
The pay in Transit is very good with lots of overtime but the job is not exactly enthralling. However it would be a fantastic way to get your foot in the door if you are successful. Many people to a few years with Transit and then try and transfer to one of the other departments.
You could also check with some of the other municipal departments around Vancouver,
New Westminster PD
Delta PD
Port Moody PD
Abbotsford PD

If you can get here do it. It is one of the most beautiful places on earth and absolutely awe inspiring. I have to pinch myself everyday!!!
Old Mar 1st 2013, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

stewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Philbo2005
Anyone BTP here?
My squadmate is ex-BTP. The other is ex-GMP.
Old Mar 9th 2013, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

WBA05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Philbo2005
Anyone BTP here?
I work for BTP but in a police staff role as apposed to being a PC
Old Mar 11th 2013, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

Livinthegoodlife is an unknown quantity at this point

I doubt very much that Vancouver Transit with be assisting with any applicants PR status. A similar thing was tried about nine years ago for Brits coming out to Vancouver Police. I know that Calgary PD managed to have something in place to speed up applications but you have to remember that every province has its own Government and they are very different.
The best that they were doing here in Vancouver was is you were successful through the selection process then they would provide you with a letter of conditional employment which you could then forward to Canadian Immigration for their review. It was hoped that this would speed up your application and in some cases I am sure it did.
I can only advise you if that you are really serious about coming to Canada is to get your PR application in asap. It is highly unlikely that you will even be considered for a police position in Canada unless you are already in the PR application process.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

jim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond repute

Any updates so far?
Old Mar 20th 2013, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future

Hi all!

Just a quick update from Edmonton Police. We had a presentation on parade from EPS Recruiting yesterday and have confirmed that international recruitment will not be re-visited unless the applicant is already a Citizen or has PR.

Nige
Old Apr 1st 2013, 12:50 am
Just Joined

foregonereality is an unknown quantity at this point

What's interesting here is that Vancouver Transit Police informed me that they'd have a detailed information package prepared by the end of March. We might hear something as to what they want re: international recruitment in the near future.

Anyone have any updates?
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 1:22 am
Just Joined

Littleplod is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steve K
Just to give you all the heads up, there is going to be a possible recruitment drive coming up.
Now bear with me on this and I will give you the details I have.

The recruitment is going to be for British Columbia Transit Police and the link to there website is as follows.

www.transitpolice.bc.ca

The contact email I was given is <snip>

He has asked for any interested persons to email him for details. It is for serving police officers as far as im aware.

I have no further details than that. There words are that they are currently working towards adopting a process to hire currently serving police officers in the UK.

Thats all I have. If I get anymore I will post it on.

Cheers

Steve
Good evening,
I just noticed your thread on a google search and had to find out more!
As a serving police officer with 10 years service, I have been looking to emigrate to Canada for years, missed the last recruitment drive due to serious ill health, now I'm eager to emigrate!
The Parents are PR holders but I can't get in cos no job can't get job as don't have PR you know the story!
If anyone hears of a new recruitment drive in the offing is be very grateful for a heads up!
Cheers, D.
D
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

We did receive an email from Vancouver Transit Police stating they would have a info pack for Overseas Recruitment ready for the end of Feb, no sign of it yet and it's been quiet since so who knows what's happening.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 6:16 am
Just Joined

Littleplod is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers Jim,

Had a look at their website could not see a contact email for their recruitment dept, I was going to email them with my cv. Any chance of passing it on to me?
D.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.