Medicals

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 10:30 am
Account Closed

Top Cat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals

Hi all, sorry to ask this question but I'm stuck.

I have applied for EPS but need to complete my 'Medical Clearance form'.
I've been to my GP who wants one hundred pound just to tell me I'm fit and healthy enough to take part in the EPS Fitness test.

Thankfully I've never had an issue with my health and workout 3 time a week so don't see my health or fitness as being a big problem.

Dose any one know of anywhere that I can go to get this form signed for less then this in the midlands area.

In the past I've signed passports for people who I known always for free, why dose a Gp have to charge 100 pounds for less then 5 minutes work???

Many thanks

The other half of TC
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals

Most GP's will charge a fee for signing declarations, but £100 does sound really steep. Thought it would normally be about £20-£25. Can your surgery confirm why the fee is so much?

My hubby got round it by making appointment for some other complaint, ie, sore skin on his foot - legitimate - and then said ' oh by the way, whilst I'm here, would you be kind enough to sign this please?' !!! And he did. Job done!

Have you got a bad cold brewing, or a strained ankle or a niggling ache you would like checked up ?! Probably get caned now for abusing the system, but hey
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:10 pm
Painting r own Rainbow

WelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Top Cat

I've been to my GP who wants one hundred pound just to tell me I'm fit and healthy enough to take part in the EPS Fitness test.

Thankfully I've never had an issue with my health and workout 3 time a week so don't see my health or fitness as being a big problem.

Dose any one know of anywhere that I can go to get this form signed for less then this in the midlands area.

In the past I've signed passports for people who I known always for free, why dose a Gp have to charge 100 pounds for less then 5 minutes work???

Many thanks

The other half of TC
Hi

I know some doctors do charge - lucky that our doctor did not charge a penny so thank you doc.

Would it be possible to maybe ask if the practice nurse would be able to check you over and sign it?? just a thought, if not, ask if you can see one of the other doctors in the group and explain you need it for your job and maybe they will let you off.

Seems very unfair that just because they do a quick check you will have to pay, afterall if you went just saying you were feeling a bit under par you would get a full MOT for free!!

Good luck
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:28 pm
Account Closed

Top Cat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WelshDragonsWales
Hi

I know some doctors do charge - lucky that our doctor did not charge a penny so thank you doc.

Would it be possible to maybe ask if the practice nurse would be able to check you over and sign it?? just a thought, if not, ask if you can see one of the other doctors in the group and explain you need it for your job and maybe they will let you off.

Seems very unfair that just because they do a quick check you will have to pay, afterall if you went just saying you were feeling a bit under par you would get a full MOT for free!!

Good luck
Thanks both,

I know its a small price to pay in the long run, but it pays to be a little careful with our money... think I will approach them (our practice) again and see what can be done.

Ann m , was thinking the very same as you also, little bit of guilt set in... maybe we (police) need to start charging for passport signing etc... if only eh

thanks

other half of TC
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

TinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Top Cat

Many thanks

The other half of TC
Hello,

John, my husband went along to get it signed etc. and was told he needed a separate 'private' appointment and it was £98.50. It may depend on your surgery and the areas etc. I'm (nearly) sure that we were told it was claimable back from CPS ( might have dreamt that one up! )

Thank goodness we haven't had to pay for the signing/verification of photos, police checks forms etc. - thats one perk at least!!!

best wishes,
Tina
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 4:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tina - You can definitely claim back the $CAN expenses for that kind of thing, but I don't think you can claim the ££ that you spend, for eye test, for example or doctor's certificate from the UK. I'm not absolutely sure, but I don't think so ...

However, do keep all your expense receipts for your $$$ fees you incur.

My husband's PARE ran out two weeks before he started, so he had to do it again, and of course had to get another medical form signed to confirm he was fit to do it. That cost us $100 here in Canada at a drop-in clinic to do that. We were able to claim that back plus a couple of other things, and got a cheque back for $237 in the end - which was nice !!
Old Oct 24th 2007, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

TinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
Hi Tina - You can definitely claim back the $CAN expenses for that kind of thing, but I don't think you can claim the ££ that you spend, for eye test, for example or doctor's certificate from the UK. I'm not absolutely sure, but I don't think so ...

However, do keep all your expense receipts for your $$$ fees you incur.

My husband's PARE ran out two weeks before he started, so he had to do it again, and of course had to get another medical form signed to confirm he was fit to do it. That cost us $100 here in Canada at a drop-in clinic to do that. We were able to claim that back plus a couple of other things, and got a cheque back for $237 in the end - which was nice !!
Thanks Ann, it will be nice to get a few $'s back as it all seems to be going out! it will be worth it...... the container comes today to load all our stuff into!!!