British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Police (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/)
-   -   london test results (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/london-test-results-800298/)

fadsie1 Jun 16th 2013 9:02 pm

london test results

Does anybody know when we will hear the result of our tests in london in july? Will it be on the day or another waiting game? Hope all the lucky ones are swatting up in preparation.

DM1432 Jun 17th 2013 9:33 am

Re: london test results

It will be another waiting game, no one will get told anything until everyone has been tested, then they will rank you for competitiveness, so prepare to wait a little while after you have been tested. It is a process which involves a lot of patience.

fadsie1 Jun 17th 2013 5:45 pm

Thanks for the response but im slightly confused. This stage is surely a pass or fail. How can you be judged as individuals if there is a pass mark?

Billpipstar1 Jun 17th 2013 6:52 pm

Probably because there are a lot of officers applying for limited spaces.

PaqMusic Jun 17th 2013 7:45 pm

I think they have their expected quota already invited to testing in July. That's why they stopped further recruitment. If they are expecting to hire 250 people then this is it. Now we have to focus to as best as we can on the tests. The competetive part has ended with paper sifts.

Mind you, people can still not get in if they fail in the aptitude test/psychometric or don't prepare for the interview OR fail the fitness (20m bleep is harder than it seems so I suggest people try it at least once to see how they get on - it would be a shame for all the hard work go to waste - I got 9.6 on the Met's bleep (15m) and was ignorant until I tried the 20m and the first time hardly got to 8.1)

Regards

DM1432 Jun 18th 2013 12:35 am

Originally Posted by fadsie1 (Post 10761389)
Thanks for the response but im slightly confused. This stage is surely a pass or fail. How can you be judged as individuals if there is a pass mark?

During the whole process you aim to be competitive (that's what they call it here), you are competing with 249 other people for a position. Just because they have invited 250 people for an entrance exam, is no guarantee they have 250 positions. I believe (stepforward website) they have 150 spots, your aim is to get the best overall mark in all the tests they throw at you.

So when they come to rank you in a "pool of applicants" the higher up the list you are the more competitive you become. (I hope this makes sense).

Yes there will be a pass mark but if everyone passes, then they have to have a mechanism to cut the list down further, which is why it becomes competitive. They will only be in London in September, and can only do so many interviews in a day, some people will no doubt pull out, not turn up or fail parts of the entrance exam, as I say your aim is to give it your best shot and do as well as you can.

The fact that you have got through the first part of the paper sift, means you have addressed that part of the selection criteria, they like what they have seen, and you move on to the next stages. You will be judged throughout the whole process. Good Luck