Life with WAPOL anyone?

Old Feb 12th 2013, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Philbo2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Life with WAPOL anyone?

I have just emailed them to seek clarification myself RE BTP prior service...
Old Feb 13th 2013, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

ECILOP will become famous soon enough

To be fair i've been really impressed with WAPOL so far. They've been really helpful and responded to all of my emails within 24hrs of me sending them.

I sent my application off to WAPOL last Wednesday and had an email from them yesterday to confirm that it had been received. I then received another email a few hours later inviting me to testing.

I'm heading over to Australia in June for a week to complete the testing. Just need to book my flights and accommodation now and start putting in the time preparing for it all.

If anyone can shed any light on the testing process, in particular the interviews, that would be greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Philbo2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

They have confirmed that BTP are NOT recognised... WTF?! That's ridiculous in this day and age...
Old Feb 13th 2013, 10:01 am
Just Joined

Billpipstar1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello guys/girls
Can anyone inform me how hard the training is in Aus.It seems strange i know maybe lack of confidence.Just a bit scared of jacking in this job over here (if accepted) and maybe not passing the training over there.As i heard the firearms pass rate has gone down to 40% in the UK. So the f/arms itself must be extremly hard.

Cheers
Old Feb 13th 2013, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Billpipstar1
Hello guys/girls
Can anyone inform me how hard the training is in Aus.It seems strange i know maybe lack of confidence.Just a bit scared of jacking in this job over here (if accepted) and maybe not passing the training over there.As i heard the firearms pass rate has gone down to 40% in the UK. So the f/arms itself must be extremly hard.

Cheers
Don't know where you got the 40% pass rate from regarding the firearms

Give 100% to everything you do and you will get 100% back from the agency. If you think you can get away with anything less than that then you should probably not be taking the move. Are you a serving UK cop now? If so you are over half way there!
Old Feb 13th 2013, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

Saxon89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello guys/girls

Cheers
I don't think there are fitness requirements for transitional officers, or there wasn't a few years ago.

Firearms are not too difficult, you do simple tests from 2,4,6 & 8 metres. 3 rounds in 5 seconds within the "grey" human shape etc... They use plastic "dummy" grounds scattered throughout your live magazines so when you gun "Fails" you have to do a "Tap, roll, rack" to spit the dummy round out etc.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saxon89
I don't think there are fitness requirements for transitional officers, or there wasn't a few years ago.

Firearms are not too difficult, you do simple tests from 2,4,6 & 8 metres. 3 rounds in 5 seconds within the "grey" human shape etc... They use plastic "dummy" grounds scattered throughout your live magazines so when you gun "Fails" you have to do a "Tap, roll, rack" to spit the dummy round out etc.
My understanding of recent transitional recruits is that they have to meet fitness requirements to get in but do not do PT when they are here as they concentrate on the legal and firearms. There is now an interactive firing range (you can find it on youtube) which is like a huge xbox connect Maybe rack and tap before roll??
Old Feb 13th 2013, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

As previously mentioned i'm heading out there in a few months for testing and have been told that international applicants need to reach the same standard as new recruits.

That's partly the reason why i've delayed it for a few months. I need time to build up my fitness so i can be confident i'll be able to reach level 10.1 on the beep test.

It shouldn't be too much of an issue with a bit of training but if i can go out there knowing i'll pass the fitness side of things then it ultimately means i'll be putting less pressure on myself and can concentrate more on preparing for the psychological testing and panel interview.

If anyone has any advice on where i might be able to find cheap(ish) accommodation for a week in June then that would be great.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 1:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by daunted
My understanding of recent transitional recruits is that they have to meet fitness requirements to get in but do not do PT when they are here as they concentrate on the legal and firearms. There is now an interactive firing range (you can find it on youtube) which is like a huge xbox connect Maybe rack and tap before roll??
Yes I've used the interactive firing range (also has stupid American scenarios etc) And no you "Tap your magazine to ensure it's in place, you roll your hand up onto the Slide and you RACK it back to spit out the jammed round.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 1:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ECILOP
As previously mentioned i'm heading out there in a few months for testing and have been told that international applicants need to reach the same standard as new recruits.

That's partly the reason why i've delayed it for a few months. I need time to build up my fitness so i can be confident i'll be able to reach level 10.1 on the beep test.

It shouldn't be too much of an issue with a bit of training but if i can go out there knowing i'll pass the fitness side of things then it ultimately means i'll be putting less pressure on myself and can concentrate more on preparing for the psychological testing and panel interview.

If anyone has any advice on where i might be able to find cheap(ish) accommodation for a week in June then that would be great.
www.wotif.com and search Perth or Joondalup for areas, should be able to find cheap hotels/motels etc.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 7:58 am
Just Joined

moboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Mate, I have just done their fitness test. The hardest part is the agillity test nor the bleep test. If I was you I would definitely practice it a few times.
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

Can anyone shed any light on what type of visa they will actually sponsor as i understand some temporary PR visas don't entitle you to medicare, first home buyers grant etc...

Also, what are the costs involved in getting the visa?

I appreciate it is still very early in the process for me but i need to get an idea as to how much it's all likely to cost if i'm successful.
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

DM1432 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone shed any light on what type of visa they will actually sponsor as i understand some temporary PR visas don't entitle you to medicare, first home buyers grant etc...

Also, what are the costs involved in getting the visa?

I appreciate it is still very early in the process for me but i need to get an idea as to how much it's all likely to cost if i'm successful.
The visa is full PR, Employer sponsored) not a temporary visa, the visa is done on a subclass 187 cost about $2400 (check the DIAC web site as the price goes up all the time when they feel like it). Gives you the right to live and work etc, and have medicare. Costs for visa are for the family unit, then there is costs for a medical for all applicants. do a bit more research on the forum or DIAC website will give you an idea of costs. It isn't cheap, but then again it is a quicker way to a PR visa.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 4:54 am
Just Joined

Billpipstar1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello
just a quick question re training.Does anyone know how testing is in training, i.e do you get an exam every week and do you do role plays.

Cheers
Old Feb 27th 2013, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

DM1432 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello
just a quick question re training.Does anyone know how testing is in training, i.e do you get an exam every week and do you do role plays.

Cheers
If you are on a "transitional officer course" the only exams you will do are for your promotion. As your course is only 13 weeks long, they have a lot to pack in with firearms, officer safety and driving training. That leaves a little time to adjust to the law here and learn new computer systems. They do have a scenario village which you will use on a couple of occasions. Transitional courses are different from recruit courses as it is more like an in service training course- you are not treated like a recruit. The law is very similar to the UK system (just called something else) and it doesn't take you long to work it out- you know it is an offence, just need to get the correct Act and section!

A basic 33 week recruit course, then yes, you will do exams and role plays along the way, with drill and PT thrown in. (not for the transitional courses- they don't have the time). No one wants you to fail and plenty of support is offered. It is a big leap coming to a new country, plenty have done it before you (me included), same worries but you adapt, the hardest part initially is the computer systems, even then you do become a dab hand after awhile!

Last edited by DM1432; Feb 27th 2013 at 6:41 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.