Life with WAPOL anyone?

Old Feb 3rd 2013, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

ECILOP will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Life with WAPOL anyone?

Apparently, as long as i have less than 7 years service at the time of application then that's alright.

jonnyfurious, have you been given an idea as to how long a PR Visa application would take and when any proposed start dates might be for you?
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

Hurrymurray is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by smokiejam
Hey Johnny, I got the same email! I'm really stuck on deciding to take the offer or stay put!!! It's the parents I'll miss!! Anyone wanna settle my mind!!!?
Congrats smokiejam, I'm also a current member of AGS and noticed that they have reopened the recruitment and I'm thinking of applying, I just have a couple of questions if you could help me out.

Who did you go to to get your proof of service and a/l and sick leave from, I'm wary of who to ask in case it gets around?

What was the interview like and the fitness test like, was it similar to the one we did?

I'm like you, unsure of leaving family but willing to travel to Perth if I build up enough courage!!!
If you can help me out in anyway I would appreciate it!

Thanks
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Philbo2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

If they don't recognise BTP then there's me screwed... Which is odd as I emailed them ages ago and they said that they did! Oh well, just as well I didn't waste all my time applying when they came to London in November! Hopefully they will change that policy if they need more...
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

I had an email from them a few days ago as i've got 9 years service in total, 3 with BTP and 6 with the Met, taking me over the 7 year rule which they have in place at the moment.

I was told that they don't recognise BTP service which means i'm just inside the service brackets.

If the 7 year rule is here to stay then this might be my last opportunity to apply.

I'm hoping to send my application off this week but i'm not sure how long the process is likely to take. I know that, if i'm invited to testing, i'll have to jump on the big bird and visit Perth. I just hope the process is quite drawn out to give me sufficient time to get some savings put into place.

I need to find out about their eyesight requirements as well as i believe they ask for a minimum of 6/30 unaided in each eye. I've got a feeling i might be just outside of that, however, i know i've got 6/6 aided vision.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

jonnyfurious is an unknown quantity at this point

WAPOL stated it was for a start date between June and December.
I think those that went over to Perth in September are just getting their visas and have a start date for May.

So by my reckoning a likely start date will be either June if WAPOL have more then one transitional course running at once or August / September if they run the courses back to back.

Originally Posted by ECILOP
Apparently, as long as i have less than 7 years service at the time of application then that's alright.

jonnyfurious, have you been given an idea as to how long a PR Visa application would take and when any proposed start dates might be for you?
Old Feb 4th 2013, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

DM1432 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was told that they don't recognise BTP service which means i'm just inside the service brackets..
Don't know who said that, as they recognised mine in 2009!
Old Feb 4th 2013, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

I always thought they did as well which is why I didn't apply when they came over to London a few months ago. When I saw that they were still actively recruiting international applicants last week i dropped them an email and was told BTP service is not recognised so not to include it on the Recognition Of Prior Service.

I'm going to send my application off this week so we'll see what happens.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

I always thought they did as well which is why I didn't apply when they came over to London a few months ago. When I saw that they were still actively recruiting international applicants last week i dropped them an email and was told BTP service is not recognised so not to include it on the Recognition Of Prior Service.

I'm going to send my application off this week so we'll see what happens.
I would you have nothing to loose, strange they said that as it didn't stop them before, at the end of the day, the RPL form covers most what BTP does, so can't figure them out! Good luck with your application
Old Feb 5th 2013, 10:13 am
Just Joined

moboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey folks,

I have been going through the recent WAPOL recruitment. I passed the tests and interviews in London and have recently sent of my medical/ bankruptcy info. I haven't heard anything back yet. Is anyone else at the same stage and know what their timelines were to let us know?

For everyone else, a mate of mine went to Perth on his wife's visa. He walked straight into their recruitment office and had a job offer within a couple of months. I was going to do the same as he said it was really quick but they recruited over here. Another option if you are considering it!
Old Feb 5th 2013, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moboy
Hey folks,

I have been going through the recent WAPOL recruitment. I passed the tests and interviews in London and have recently sent of my medical/ bankruptcy info. I haven't heard anything back yet. Is anyone else at the same stage and know what their timelines were to let us know?

For everyone else, a mate of mine went to Perth on his wife's visa. He walked straight into their recruitment office and had a job offer within a couple of months. I was going to do the same as he said it was really quick but they recruited over here. Another option if you are considering it!
Have a look on www.police-forum.com a few people use that site, may give you an idea of timescales, from what I gather a few from the September stages have been getting their visas, a course starting in May, and the rest between May-Dec 2013. There is a state election coming up on 9th March it is interesting to hear the various parties promising extra police the opposition have promised 500 over 4 year if they win, nothing from the current state government yet! (noway we will recruit these numbers locally).
Old Feb 7th 2013, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Has anyone actually visited Joondalup to undergo testing?

If so, can they provide any information with regards to the format of the three days and what each stage entails?

There is quite a lot of information on the forums regarding the recruitment process when WAPOL visited London but not much about those who have visited WAPOL to complete the testing.

Also, can anyone provide any information about the fitness test and how strict they are with the requirements?

I know of a couple of colleagues who have joined WAPOL in recent years and there is no way they were capable of running 10.1 on the beep test.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 10:44 am
Just Joined

Billpipstar1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Again like a lot of people i am at the stage of thinking about applying to WA, but does anyone know what Diploma of Policing or equivalent is.
I have basic school qualifications, went to work and then joined police service. Will this stop me from be able to apply to WA.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Billy
Old Feb 10th 2013, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.
Monday; fitness testing. 1 police standard sit up (don't underestimate this - i have seen many fit people fail this); Beep test (level 10.1 depends on your age and gender); push pull test; modified illinois agility test; and glock wrack test. Videos for all of these are available on the stepforward website. Finished by lunch time depending on how many people testing.

Tuesday; Police entrance exam. physicological paper based test.

Wednesday; formal panel interview followed by interview with psychologist.

With regard to strictness on the fitness test they are VERY strict...if you require level 10.1 you MUST get that or will fail. Likewise if you have to do the agility test in under 17 seconds and it takes you 17.01 you will fail and get a second attempt. Fail a second time and you have to wait 6 months (i think) until you can try again.
Like wise if you fail the entrance exam there is a waiting period before you can reapply.

http://www.stepforward.wa.gov.au/news/videos.html That's where you will find the fitness demo videos

It's tough but fair. Good luck with it all

If so, can they provide any information with regards to the format of the three days and what each stage entails?

There is quite a lot of information on the forums regarding the recruitment process when WAPOL visited London but not much about those who have visited WAPOL to complete the testing.

Also, can anyone provide any information about the fitness test and how strict they are with the requirements?

I know of a couple of colleagues who have joined WAPOL in recent years and there is no way they were capable of running 10.1 on the beep test.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 12:37 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Billpipstar1
Hello,

Again like a lot of people i am at the stage of thinking about applying to WA, but does anyone know what Diploma of Policing or equivalent is.
I have basic school qualifications, went to work and then joined police service. Will this stop me from be able to apply to WA.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Billy
Billy, the RPL with regard to your police service is what they will consider. They're not too concerned with your academic quals from before you joined the job.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 12:43 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Thats because the "examiner" in the UK probably wasn't very strict. Will be different if being tested in Perth.

That said, although the fitness test is harder than the UK police, it's nothing that a few weeks hard graft prior to the test shouldn't sort out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.