Life with WAPOL anyone?

Old Apr 25th 2013, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Philbo2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Life with WAPOL anyone?

Originally Posted by smokiejam
Your obviously not what they're looking for
Straight and to the point. Thanks for the vote of confidence.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

G4895D is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by katmuirhead
Congratulations!! How did you find the assessments? Harder or easier than you expected?.. My app was received just over 2 weeks ago just constantly checking my emails now! Spooky timing with your last post, I was just talking to a friend about the 3-7 year rule as he has 9 years and that comes as good news! When do you expect to move over or start?

Hope all your other checks go well
Thanks, the assessments were not too bad. If you put a little bit of work in they are fine. I did the sample questions on the stepforward site and, although the actual questions are in a different format, they definitely helped!! I have my full medical next week and am awaiting the police checks!! If I am successful I would be expected to be able to start next April time.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Damo-LFC will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by smokiejam
Your obviously not what they're looking for
Someone having a bad day?
Old Apr 28th 2013, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

jonnyfurious is an unknown quantity at this point

Wohaah
I started this thread to try and get an idea of life as a cop with WAPol.
If people need advice with their apps etc then perhaps those on here that are further along can help. Please don't turn it into a thread to moan about WAPol recruitment policy and lets keep all advice positive!
Old Apr 28th 2013, 11:21 am
Just Joined

katmuirhead is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.stepforward.wa.gov.au/ent...rnational.html

WAPOL are now coming to London! I agree Jonny, it's been a good thread! Stop the bitching..
Old May 7th 2013, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

PaqMusic is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I have sent an application form about 4 weeks ago, got the acknowledgement around the 8th of April. Nothing heard since then apart from an email asking to indicate if I wanted to be tested in London or Perth but no info on the progress of my application and a request not to bother them with questions about applications as this will slow things down for everyone (which may be in itself the answer to my question). Anyone else in that position? Should I be worried?

Yay for testing in London - save some pennies before the big move (hopefully)

Regards

Last edited by PaqMusic; May 7th 2013 at 5:48 pm.
Old May 7th 2013, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

katmuirhead is an unknown quantity at this point

PaqMusic,

I'm in exactly the same position! I've got my fingers crossed that because web been given the option it atleast means we've got past the application stage. All replies to that email have to be in by tomorrow so hopefully were both hear soon!

London is so much better! I was looking at the visa today and that alone is a non-refunable £2000!!

Kate

Originally Posted by PaqMusic
Hello,

I have sent an application form about 4 weeks ago, got the acknowledgement around the 8th of April. Nothing heard since then apart from an email asking to indicate if I wanted to be tested in London or Perth but no info on the progress of my application and a request not to bother them with questions about applications as this will slow things down for everyone (which may be in itself the answer to my question). Anyone else in that position? Should I be worried?

Yay for testing in London - save some pennies before the big move (hopefully)

Regards
Old May 7th 2013, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

PaqMusic is an unknown quantity at this point

Kate,

I know - it's £2000 + about £300 for a medical so the £1200 we're saving on travel + accommodation is a blessing

Hopefully we'll hear soon

Originally Posted by katmuirhead
PaqMusic,

I'm in exactly the same position! I've got my fingers crossed that because web been given the option it atleast means we've got past the application stage. All replies to that email have to be in by tomorrow so hopefully were both hear soon!

London is so much better! I was looking at the visa today and that alone is a non-refunable £2000!!

Kate
Old May 8th 2013, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Yes, emails like that suggest all is going well. I'm afraid the waiting doesn't stop there. After the interview it felt like ages until we heard anything and then it was an email asking to send another copy of my passport - again this wasn't a deco yes but left me feeling hopeful, a few days later was a similar email about some other documentation and then a few days after that everyone got their results. It seems they prefer to give everyone the news (good or bad) on the same day and so that means a lot of waiting and reading into clues!
Then it's the visa... I submitted my visa in Feb and I'm still waiting to hear! The whole process from application to start date will (all being well) have taken a year.
Anyway good luck with it all!
Old May 8th 2013, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Cheers for the info.

I heard the other day that we will have to do the physical again when / if we start in September - the thought of missing the agility test by 0.01 of second and it being game over after moving out there was playing on mind!

Your post was just the reassurance I needed!

Originally Posted by DM1432
...No one wants you to fail and plenty of support is offered. It is a big leap coming to a new country, plenty have done it before you (me included), same worries but you adapt, the hardest part initially is the computer systems, even then you do become a dab hand after awhile!
Old May 17th 2013, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

I have just heard that WAPOL are lifting the 7 year limit on prior service. I've not heard it directly so this will have to be checked but if it is true it should make a lot of people very happy.

John
Old May 17th 2013, 10:23 am
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

I've just heard the same too.
Better crack on with the application!

Just checked Stepforward.
The criteria is now:
MINIMUM of 3 years service. No upper limit mentioned.
Application in by 29th May in order to be eligible to attend London recruiting sessions in September.
Good luck everyone. Don't get trampled in the rush!!!

Last edited by Pincher; May 17th 2013 at 10:27 am. Reason: Updating info
Old May 17th 2013, 10:24 am
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Not that it applies to me, but I have had the email from WA stating that the 7 year limit has been lifted, and the closing date for applications has been extended to 29th May.
Old May 17th 2013, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

EC182 is an unknown quantity at this point

Shortage of applications?
Old May 18th 2013, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

The Elk is an unknown quantity at this point

I heard that they'd changed the requirements and I've just received an email from recruitment saying that I should follow a link to step forward for further info about the 2013 campaign but I can't find any info on the site.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.