Life with WAPOL anyone?

Old Mar 26th 2013, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

gpiper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Life with WAPOL anyone?

Originally Posted by LLcop
Hi all

I'm sorry to jump on this thread but it seems a lot of you do respond to it and quite recently too, what with the new recruitment drive and requirements. Let me explain our situation. I am 30 with 8 years service. I was promoted to Sgt in January 2013. My long term partner is 25 with nearly 5 years service and is a police constable. We are both with a UK force. We are interesting in applying to WA. Has anyone out there tested their 3-7 yr service requirement?
We would like to apply as a pairing, do you think that, although my partner fully meets their criteria, they will not even consider my application because I have a year too long?
I have e-mailed them but they have yet to reply...

Any shared experience with this would be gratefully receieved...
As far as everyone else has said with some people receiving a direct reply from WAPOL the 7 year service max is non-negotiable when it comes to international recruiting. If you have taken any unpaid leave or career breaks you can take this off and calculate what's left. If you are still left with more than 7 years there is still one suggestion I can make. Let your partner apply so when they get it they can then put both of you down for the visa (you as their partner). You both move together to Australia and once there and with the PR visa already from the police yourself can then apply through the lateral entry programme once there and you should be fine as there is no max service stipulation for that one on their website.

As with everything this is my understanding of how things stand now but if you are going to make life choices double check with WAPOL. I'm pretty confident that I'm correct though.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 9:33 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

gpiper, your advice is right.

LLcop, your partner should apply to WAPol and be the main visa applicant,as from what's been posted on here, you won't get in with 8 years. Then you can apply to WApol once you get out there, or for any other job that takes your fancy.
I have 20 years in, so will have to apply via the lateral entry pathway too (if they'll take me!).
Old Mar 28th 2013, 10:49 pm
Chillin out in WA

brisbec will become famous soon enough

They are very strict on the 3-7 ruling.
Your partner can apply and is successful and you can prove a de facto relationship then you can be added to that visa. Wapol will then entertain an application from you when you get there.
There was a similar thing on our info day and the inspector did say that anyone outside the 3-7 yr bracket who emigrates with an accepted transitional officer can apply once there and get their skills recognised.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 1:04 am
Just Joined

htallis is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive just been told ive been accepted for testing in late april, in Perth. 3 days of testing, has anyone completed this yet and can they share what the format is? I know there are the physical, psychometric and then panel interview but can anyone tell me how it all pans out practically?
Old Apr 4th 2013, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

Billpipstar1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

I will be going to Perth this summer for the three day assessment and was wondering if anyone had any good advice as to where to stay when doing the tests.

Cheers
Old Apr 4th 2013, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

ECILOP will become famous soon enough

I found the price of accommodation helped me to make my decision on where to stay.

I ended up booking a private room in a hostel in West Perth. Managed to get 10 nights for £370.

The cheapest hotel i could find would have set me back £900 for 10 nights and doubled the overall cost of the trip.

I wouldn't have minded if i was going across for a holiday but, if successful, there's a chance i might have to pay out for flights and accommodation again a few months later.

When are you going across?
Old Apr 4th 2013, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

Cheers for advice.
It hasn't been decided it yet, but i got an e-mail yesterday to say my application was successful.
I think it most likely be mid-August. It is bit more of a reality check now when i start looking at flight prices and so on but hopefully it will be all worth it.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

ECILOP will become famous soon enough

I was considering going across at the end of the Summer, however, i read somewhere that successful applicants must apply for their visa prior to 30th September 2013. Also, because there has been no mention of any transitional courses being held at the beginning of next year, there is a chance that i would only had a couple of months to save prior to making the move.

All of this, however, is on the assumption that i'm successful.....should have a better idea in 8 weeks when i'm there.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

Well good luck with it all as i think with all this we need a stroke a of luck along the way, back to looking at flight prices!
Old Apr 4th 2013, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

Horizon101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, I too have a pending application form with WAPOL.

I have had a confirmation email two weeks ago stating that they had received my application, and I am still waiting to hear if I am successful.

Roughly how long was it before you heard back about whether you had passed.

Hopefully all will be good and I will know soon, and can steer my focus towards getting 10.1 on the beep test. (Along with the logistics of getting over there of course).

Cheers,
Old Apr 5th 2013, 10:53 am
Just Joined

I waited about 3 and half weeks.They told me they had a large backlog of applications thats why it is taking a bit of time.
I have just had all the forms come through. It has been changed to a 4 day assessment as well now.
Good luck
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

G4895D is an unknown quantity at this point

I returned 2 weeks ago from Perth where I undertook the 3 day assessment. I found out last week that I was successful and now have to have a full medical, bankruptcy checks and DVLA and police checks.

I have read a number of posts on here and other forums from people with just over 7 years service who have not been able to apply and thought that I should make those people aware that during my panel interview I happened to mention a colleague of mine who would like to join but has almost 10 years service. The inspector leading the interview advised that over the next year or so the limit will be being altered to over 3 years but less than 10 years service. I hope this is welcome news for some of you!!
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

katmuirhead is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!! How did you find the assessments? Harder or easier than you expected?.. My app was received just over 2 weeks ago just constantly checking my emails now! Spooky timing with your last post, I was just talking to a friend about the 3-7 year rule as he has 9 years and that comes as good news! When do you expect to move over or start?

Hope all your other checks go well
Old Apr 25th 2013, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Philbo2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

They are coming back to London again in September. I realised the issue that I may have with not being from a 'compatible' policing jurisdiction (BTP) and emailed them last time, they confirmed this but when I asked why they didn't reply. Now they have announced they are coming back again I'm thinking of just applying and seeing what happens, I basically have the same experience and do the same job/training/everything else as HO forces, its frustrating! I tick almost every box on the check sheet of experience bar being a supervisor which they don't want anyways! I was going to call them but they have said 'no phone calls re international recruitment'. It's all so disheartening
Old Apr 25th 2013, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

smokiejam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Philbo2005
They are coming back to London again in September. I realised the issue that I may have with not being from a 'compatible' policing jurisdiction (BTP) and emailed them last time, they confirmed this but when I asked why they didn't reply. Now they have announced they are coming back again I'm thinking of just applying and seeing what happens, I basically have the same experience and do the same job/training/everything else as HO forces, its frustrating! I tick almost every box on the check sheet of experience bar being a supervisor which they don't want anyways! I was going to call them but they have said 'no phone calls re international recruitment'. It's all so disheartening
Your obviously not what they're looking for

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.