Life with WAPOL anyone?

Old Jan 17th 2013, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

Philbo2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Life with WAPOL anyone?

Guys that have are at the final stages of the process, was it difficult? Congrats too by the way!
Old Jan 19th 2013, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonnyfurious
I've been informed I passed the interview stage and now just have to pass final checks (medical, bankruptcy etc).
Congratulations
Old Jan 19th 2013, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

EC182 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good job
Old Jan 20th 2013, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

jonnyfurious is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Philbo2005
Guys that have are at the final stages of the process, was it difficult? Congrats too by the way!
It wasn't easy but it was made easier by the thought of what it might bring!
Old Jan 27th 2013, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

johnnet is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Philbo2005
I didn't apply on the last campaign unfortunately and have seen on their site that they're recruiting again but you've got to go to Perth... I've emailed them tonight to see if they are likely to come here again to recruit, fingers crossed!
did you get a response with regards to your email.....I have done the same but yet to hear back from them?
Old Jan 27th 2013, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

EC182 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johnnet
did you get a response with regards to your email.....I have done the same but yet to hear back from them?
I enquired a week or two ago, and was told they have no plans to come back to London in the foreseeable future.
Old Jan 27th 2013, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by EC182
I enquired a week or two ago, and was told they have no plans to come back to London in the foreseeable future.
Well that will keep the number applicants down?!
Old Jan 28th 2013, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Well that will keep the number applicants down?!
The police union over here are pushing for an additional 800 cops over the next 4 years (above and beyond normal turnover)

They will have to expand their criteria for international applicants significantly to get anywhere near that number.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
The police union over here are pushing for an additional 800 cops over the next 4 years (above and beyond normal turnover)

They will have to expand their criteria for international applicants significantly to get anywhere near that number.
Geordiebloke..........thanks for that information, just read it myself online. However, WA police need to change their policy for international recruitment as expecting applicants to travel to WA from the UK for tests at their own cost followed by all the costs for the visa etc....and then if successful no assistance for accommodation?! Seems a bit much to me
Old Jan 28th 2013, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah it's unfortunate you've just missed them
coming to London. It was only by luck I heard about it.

Geordiebloke..........thanks for that information, just read it myself online. However, WA police need to change their policy for international recruitment as expecting applicants to travel to WA from the UK for tests at their own cost followed by all the costs for the visa etc....and then if successful no assistance for accommodation?! Seems a bit much to me
Old Jan 28th 2013, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jonnyfurious
Yeah it's unfortunate you've just missed them
coming to London. It was only by luck I heard about it.
jonnyfurious,

have you been given a start date yet and what happens with the visa application, ie do you need to have that before you start?
Old Jan 28th 2013, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

I'm still waiting on my final checks so don't have the post yet.

I've been told that when / if I get the job offer - it will be a provisional date and I will then have to get my visa sorted.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

ECILOP will become famous soon enough

Unfortunately i missed WAPOL when they came across to London a few months ago as i didn't think i fell within the 3-7 years service bracket. Having since spoken to recruitment they have advised me that the 3 years i spent with BTP does not count as they don't recognise BTP service. That brings me to 6 years 6 months service with the Met and, as such, this might be my last opportunity to apply.

I'm in the process of completing the application forms at the moment but understand they want applicants to be available for a transitional course this year.

I'm just slightly concerned that, if this is the case, it won't leave me enough time to save some money and get things sorted out ready for a move.

Considering i would have to fly to Perth for testing, then come back and then potentially move out again a couple of months afterwards.

Does anyone know roughly how long the application/visa process is expected to take and whether or not WAPOL are planning on having any transitional courses in 2014?
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing can be guaranteed so I would be pulling out all stops selling the family jewels and grabbing this chance with both hands. The recruitment process isn't known for being fast but they are actively recruiting so who knows for sure ............... good luck

Originally Posted by ECILOP
Unfortunately i missed WAPOL when they came across to London a few months ago as i didn't think i fell within the 3-7 years service bracket. Having since spoken to recruitment they have advised me that the 3 years i spent with BTP does not count as they don't recognise BTP service. That brings me to 6 years 6 months service with the Met and, as such, this might be my last opportunity to apply.

I'm in the process of completing the application forms at the moment but understand they want applicants to be available for a transitional course this year.

I'm just slightly concerned that, if this is the case, it won't leave me enough time to save some money and get things sorted out ready for a move.

Considering i would have to fly to Perth for testing, then come back and then potentially move out again a couple of months afterwards.

Does anyone know roughly how long the application/visa process is expected to take and whether or not WAPOL are planning on having any transitional courses in 2014?
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

It's a long shot but if your are really serious about giving it a go perhaps you could take some form of sabbatical so you don't gain more then 7 years service?

Originally Posted by ECILOP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.