Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Joining police force abroad

Joining police force abroad

Old Mar 9th 2013, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

WBA05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Joining police force abroad

Hi everyone,

First of all I just want to apologise if I have posted this in the wrong place. I have a question regarding joining a police force outside the UK. Are there any forces that openly recruit people from the UK and if so which ones, also which countries are better to join from the UK (for example I understand being an officer in USA is next to impossible if your not an American citizen - are there any other countries that are similar to that).

Thanks for any help

Shane
Old Mar 10th 2013, 1:51 am
Just Joined

Saxon89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Joining police force abroad

Western Australia Police are currently recruiting UK officers with 6 years? or less experience. http://www.stepforward.wa.gov.au/
Old Mar 10th 2013, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

nicki_c is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Joining police force abroad

Myself and my husband have both been looking at the same.

Western Oz only recruit with 3 - 7 years in which unfortunately counts us out. A friend of mine is in South Oz and has heard that they are looking at another UK recruitment drive soon..

I heard that Vancouver Transport police were considering a recruitment drive so after emailing them I got this reply..

'Thank you for your interest in the Metro Vancouver Transit Police application process. http://www.transitpolice.bc.ca/

We apologize for any delays in our response. This initiative, in accepting applications from serving Police Officers from the United Kingdom or the United States of America, is a new process for the Transit Police and we wanted to ensure we could provide applicants with the attention they deserve.

As such, we are currently working with Government of Canada's department of Citizen and Immigration Canada to ensure a smooth transition during the Permanent Residency process.

Our aim is to have a thorough information package available by the end of February 2013. This package should satisfy any inquiries you may have regarding the application process; training requirements; the Justice Institute of British Columbia; Government of British Columbia Police Services Division.

We appreciate your patience as this process is developed and again thank you for your interest'.

Fingers crossed for further updates soon..