British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Police (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/)
-   -   Investigation Officer for UK Police Service (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/investigation-officer-uk-police-service-843883/)

snomanboll81 Sep 25th 2014 5:59 pm

Investigation Officer for UK Police Service

Hi everyone.

I am a Civilian Investigation Officer within the UK Police Service. I have been doing some research into relocating to Canada and Noca Scotia is of interest to me. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on their recrutiment process and if they accept UK Officers without being a resident. I have being doing some reading and thought maybe the Provincial Nominee Programme may be a route. Can anyone point me in the right directon? :fingerscrossed:

Thanks

PMM Sep 25th 2014 6:47 pm

Re: Investigation Officer for UK Police Service

Hi

Originally Posted by snomanboll81 (Post 11418527)
Hi everyone.

I am a Civilian Investigation Officer within the UK Police Service. I have been doing some research into relocating to Canada and Noca Scotia is of interest to me. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on their recrutiment process and if they accept UK Officers without being a resident. I have being doing some reading and thought maybe the Provincial Nominee Programme may be a route. Can anyone point me in the right directon? :fingerscrossed:

Thanks

I think that you will find that they all require PR or Citizenship before they will consider you. At one time Calgary and Edmonton were recruiting overseas, but that stopped awhile ago.

snomanboll81 Sep 25th 2014 6:58 pm

Hi PMM

Thanks for the info. I thought that might be the case but couldn't find it posted anywhere. I will keep looking at other areas as well as Nova Scotia. I'm not sure if you can shed any light on it, but Im sure I read a post somewhere that Edmonton may open up for foreign recruits again. Any ideas?

Can you advise on whether or not my background in investigation for the Police and Customs and Excise would be useful towards living and working in Canada?

Thanks

snomanboll

PMM Sep 25th 2014 11:57 pm

Hi

Originally Posted by snomanboll81 (Post 11418602)
Hi PMM

Thanks for the info. I thought that might be the case but couldn't find it posted anywhere. I will keep looking at other areas as well as Nova Scotia. I'm not sure if you can shed any light on it, but Im sure I read a post somewhere that Edmonton may open up for foreign recruits again. Any ideas?

Can you advise on whether or not my background in investigation for the Police and Customs and Excise would be useful towards living and working in Canada?

Thanks

snomanboll

1. If you go to the web pages of the various police agencies that you are interested in, they all list the criteria, as to citizenship/PR status.
2. Edmonton web site says no, but who can predict the future.
3. Again as C&E (CBSA in Canada) requires PR or Citizenship and don't recruit overseas.
4. So you would have to find out if you are eligible under anyone of the Immigration streams.

snomanboll81 Sep 26th 2014 8:52 am

Thanks for the info. I will research my options.

nige1521 Sep 27th 2014 11:32 pm

Hi,

Snowmanboll, please feel free to email me directly. If you read a previous thread on Police Officer transfer to Canada, you find my work email address at the Edmonton Police Service.

Nige

snomanboll81 Sep 28th 2014 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by nige1521 (Post 11420702)
Hi,

Snowmanboll, please feel free to email me directly. If you read a previous thread on Police Officer transfer to Canada, you find my work email address at the Edmonton Police Service.

Nige

Hi Nige

Thanks for making contact. I couldn't find your email address though. I had been in contact with Calgary prior to my post and they explained about gaining PR first, so I guess most Canadian Police Services are also not recruiting UK Officers. I note your post about Edmonton potentially looking at a UK recruitment programme which I would be extremely interested in. I would like to know how the process works when it comes to obtaining the visa and finding somewhere to live. Would the specific Police Service assist with all aspects? And as a Civilian Officer, would that go against me?

If I could have your email address that would be great. Shall I just keep checking the EPS website?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Martyn

Pollyana Sep 28th 2014 1:23 pm

Try here :) http://britishexpats.com/forum/polic.../#post11169960

snomanboll81 Sep 29th 2014 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 11421028)

Hi Pollyana

Thanks for info

snomanboll