Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

How can a UK cop get to Australia 2019?

How can a UK cop get to Australia 2019?

Old Jun 6th 2019, 7:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How can a UK cop get to Australia 2019?

Originally Posted by Nairobi Jack
I don't know of any UK police officers getting visas on that basis in last few years.
I do. Bottom line is that police officers are a skilled profession under the NOC list, so if a police officer meets the other criteria for a Federal Skilled Worker visa (i.e. passes the medical, enough funds, enough points etc), then they can get PR on that basis.

HTH.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

IrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond reputeIrishDigger has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: How can a UK cop get to Australia 2019?

I take it then you're either a Canadian Immigration officer, Canadian Immigration lawyer or Canadian Immigration consultant with in depth knowledge of the current Canada Immigration system and all its complexities including how applications are assessed processed input and decided upon?
Hang on - I thought the topic was about getting to Australia

Old Jun 6th 2019, 7:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IrishDigger
Hang on - I thought the topic was about getting to Australia
I think he has turned it into a one man promotion campaign for the New Zealand Corrections Dept!
Old Jun 6th 2019, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Nairobi Jack is an unknown quantity at this point

Express entry is a pool. Into which potential employers looksee to make job offers to people who qualify. It's not a PR visa off the bat. It's like a lottery process and there's no guarantee anything will happen
Old Jun 6th 2019, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

NZ CORRECTIONS Is the greatest job opportunity ever and anyone who can't see that is BARKING
Old Jun 6th 2019, 9:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Express entry is a pool. Into which potential employers looksee to make job offers to people who qualify. It's not a PR visa off the bat. It's like a lottery process and there's no guarantee anything will happen
You've completely misunderstood EE. There is Job Match, where employers can look to make job offers, but that's not mandatory and you can enter the EE pool without being in Job Match. It's also not a lottery, it's simply those that score the highest get an invitation to apply for PR, there's no element of chance to it. And yes, it's direct to PR once invited.

But in any event, no need to debate the ins and outs of EE, I was simply correcting your statement that Canada isn't possible for police officers, which isn't the case.

HTH.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Excuse me I didn't realise you were a Canadian Immigration Officer.

I've seen this express entry and they're interested in rocket science not Teds off provincial backstreets
Old Jun 6th 2019, 11:15 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Excuse me I didn't realise you were a Canadian Immigration Officer.
No reason you should know what I do for a living, it's not in my profile.

I've seen this express entry and they're interested in rocket science not Teds off provincial backstreets
A 'Ted off the provincial backstreet' still qualifies as skilled worker under Canada's immigration rules, whatever you may think. Rocket scientists do too though. You may have 'seen' EE, but from what you've said above you have no idea about it or how the process works.

By all means, recommend people look at NZ, but without categorically stating a police officer can't possibly get a visa for Canada, which simply isn't correct.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 6th 2019 at 11:20 am.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 11:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

NZ CORRECTIONS Is the greatest job opportunity ever and anyone who can't see that is BARKING

Its a very niche career and many people are unsuitable for reasons unrelated to visas - physical and psychological requirements for starters. Don't need to be an immigration officer to know that!
Old Jun 6th 2019, 11:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I think he has turned it into a one man promotion campaign for the New Zealand Corrections Dept!
I'll close this thread now as the OP hasn't been on the forum since January anyway. Anybody that's interested in policing in Oz, feel free to start a new thread.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 6th 2019 at 4:05 pm.