Got the job!!!

Old Feb 22nd 2013, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

Saxon89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Got the job!!!

Originally Posted by dan_done
Hey guys,

Just wanted to share some good news. I received my conditional offer of appointment from WA Police this morning

I am hoping to get onto the September course pending my visa application going smoothly.

One concern I have is the salary. I have been told that after my 13 week course I will be going in on 5th year constable salary of 70k Aussie dollars. Is this a reasonable salary for a young single fella like me?

I will be likely finding a house or flat share until I figure out the area I want to settle and am really into my fitness and outdoor pursuits so going out on the lash all the time wont be sapping my money.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to be setting myself up for a fail. I know things cost a lot more in Perth just need some reassurance that I wont be struggling for money every month.

Thanks
Dan
Hey Dan

I am a 5th year Constable with the WA Police. Youre salary of 70k will be closer to 80k with shift penalties and over time, and yes, it is more than enough for a single bloke to live on, the pay is very good.

I earned 100k last financial and looking closer to 110k this year... all you have to do is go bush
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

jonnyfurious is an unknown quantity at this point

I too have had the job offer and started my Visa app today.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 1:32 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonnyfurious
I too have had the job offer and started my Visa app today.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

katmuirhead is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Iv just joined the site and seen this feed, its been really helpful! I am just about to send my application for the current WA process and was looking to get some tips and advice. Been a PC with the Met for 4 years and looking to move over to Aus. Ild be going on my own and moving away from family so be a big step..

Hows everyone getting on so far?

Kate
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Ollie_v is an unknown quantity at this point

Well Done all that have already got through!

I've done 4 years in Hants and I've almost finished my WAPOL app, exciting times ahead! For those who have already done the assessment centre over there, can you give the rest of us an idea of what we might expect?

Cheers,

Ollie
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

jon1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, congrats to everyone who's got in so far! Just came across this site, sent off my application for WA last week, I'm in TVP and been in the job for 4 years. Would also be interested to hear in the assessment centre process and what it involves. Got my fingers crossed that I will pass the application form stage first though! Anyone who has been through the process already know how long roughly it is before you hear back from them?
Old Mar 24th 2013, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

ECILOP will become famous soon enough

I sent off my application last month and I'm heading across to Perth for testing in June.

With regards to how long it takes to receive a response, I posted my application on the Wednesday, received acknowledgment that they had received it on the Monday and received the invite for testing on the Tuesday.

I was told that they run testing every week of the year and so I was able to choose when I wanted to go across.

I opted to head over there in June to allow me enough time to save for flights, accommodation and prepare myself for the testing process.

The testing process for me is going to be as follows:

Monday - Fitness Test
Tuesday - Written Test
Wednesday - Psychological Interview & Panel Interview

I've been working on improving my fitness over the past few weeks. I need to reach 10.1 on the beep test and, having only ever completed the 15 metre UK test, I only managed level 8 at the beginning of the month. I've now improved that to a 9.5 so I'm getting there but there's still a bit of a way to go.
Old Mar 25th 2013, 3:38 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

Good luck.
Hopefully adrenaline will help give you that extra boost you need on the day!
Old Mar 25th 2013, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

Well done! That was a quick turn around! I'm a little bit concerned that mines been lost in the post, I posted it on the 12th and still not heard anything :-(
Old Mar 25th 2013, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

ECILOP will become famous soon enough

How did you send it?

It cost me £48 to send mine with DHL but I was able to track it all of the way. That was a discounted price as well apparently.

It might be worth dropping them an email just to enquire as to whether or not they've received it.
Old Mar 25th 2013, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

Billpipstar1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello
I would say send them an e-mail as well.I waited a week had not heard anything so sent them an e-mail. They replied that day to say they had recieved it however that was two weeks ago now and have not heard anything so slightly worried it has not been accepted but good luck.
Old Mar 25th 2013, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

Ollie_v is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone done the sample PEE tests online, I'm I the only one that found it really random? I could not understand some of the pattern questions. Ordered the books they suggested, has anyone else?
Old Mar 27th 2013, 12:08 am
Just Joined

Cheers guys.

I posted it recorded (or the airmail equiv) with post office and shows it has reached the Australian postal service but no further. Iv emailed them and they said its not reached their desk yet but might be in sorting! Iv printed off another and gotta start filling it in again, if I don't hear by end if the week ill send another, DHL maybe this time thou!

I done those tests and yeah I agree, really random! I didn't even recognise some of the words which was a lil worrying lol. My friends been accepted ND definitely recommends the books, when she forwards me the link ill post it on here too.

Kate x
Old Mar 27th 2013, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

jon1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I wouldn't worry about your forms not arriving yet - I posted mine almost 2 weeks ago by air mail and it was only delivered yesterday - it spent a few days at customs in Perth. If you've sent it by air mail, if you go on the Aus Post website you can use your tracking number and it gives much more detailed tracking than the Royal Mail website.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

EC182 is an unknown quantity at this point

Same as the above - I didn't get the confirmation email for nearly three weeks after I sent it.

They might have a large volume of applications at the minute, might just be taking some time to go through them all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.