Good things about SAPOL?

Old Jan 5th 2009, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

familyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nice
Default Good things about SAPOL?

Hi there

I have been reading ALOT about SAPOL on here and ALL is bad, is there anyone on here who has anything good to say about it??

My hubby has his entrance test tomorrow and i'm not sure if i want to leave all i have to find it's not a good federation to move for.

Thanks
Michelle
Old Jan 6th 2009, 11:59 am
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all
Default Re: Good things about SAPOL?

Originally Posted by familyof4 View Post
Hi there

I have been reading ALOT about SAPOL on here and ALL is bad, is there anyone on here who has anything good to say about it??

My hubby has his entrance test tomorrow and i'm not sure if i want to leave all i have to find it's not a good federation to move for.

Thanks
Michelle
I have been fortunate eneaugh to work for three different police departments in different countries so hope to be able to give you some good advice :

Obviously some departments are better to work for than others, but generally speaking, though procedures and laws may vary from place to place, policing is policing where ever you are. It's very subjective trying to decide whether you want to work for a department based on peoples experiences, as everyone has different ideas about what makes a good department, and different people have different expectations, and many just like to moan. I would suggest if you want to move to Oz for the job then forget it, like anywhere the job has it's good and bad points, but you could have a very similar kind of career offered here back in the UK without having to move accross the world. If you are comming here for the lifestyle because you want sun sea and BBQ's, and hopefully a better quality of life then go for it.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

familyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nicefamilyof4 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Baz View Post
I have been fortunate eneaugh to work for three different police departments in different countries so hope to be able to give you some good advice :

Obviously some departments are better to work for than others, but generally speaking, though procedures and laws may vary from place to place, policing is policing where ever you are. It's very subjective trying to decide whether you want to work for a department based on peoples experiences, as everyone has different ideas about what makes a good department, and different people have different expectations, and many just like to moan. I would suggest if you want to move to Oz for the job then forget it, like anywhere the job has it's good and bad points, but you could have a very similar kind of career offered here back in the UK without having to move accross the world. If you are comming here for the lifestyle because you want sun sea and BBQ's, and hopefully a better quality of life then go for it.
Hi Baz

We have a family, and are primerily moving for the lifestyle the fact that my hubby can get a job in his chosen carrer is a bonus, as we will have an income from day one!

We have seen adelaide and it looks out of this world and just the kind of place we want our children to grow up.

Michelle
Old Jan 6th 2009, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

mr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of light

Baz

Are you still in QLD police?

JOHN
Old Jan 6th 2009, 9:39 pm
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mr luvpants View Post
Baz

Are you still in QLD police?

JOHN
Yes
Old Mar 13th 2009, 3:36 am
Just Joined

Leighj is an unknown quantity at this point

Michelle. I'm currently with SAPOL if you need the heads up then feel free to PM me. I haven't had any problems outside the usual annoyances you get anywhere in the world in respect of 'the job'. I've always said I could go to work at a nick in Mongolia, and it would probably mirror the same problems that I experienced in the UK. The old adage is true though ... Do not come here for the job, come here for the lifestyle.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Leighj View Post
Michelle. I'm currently with SAPOL if you need the heads up then feel free to PM me. I haven't had any problems outside the usual annoyances you get anywhere in the world in respect of 'the job'. I've always said I could go to work at a nick in Mongolia, and it would probably mirror the same problems that I experienced in the UK. The old adage is true though ... Do not come here for the job, come here for the lifestyle.
Thanks for the response, unfortunatly for us we wont be joinging SAPOL after the way they treated my hubby during the process, we are utterly disgraced!!!

We are off on holiday to australia in a week so will do our own digging around whilst there!!

Michelle x
Old Jun 8th 2009, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

richie-318 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Leighj View Post
Leigh

Are you still in SAPOL?? Any pointers for the recruitment process. I had an email this morning saying it's on again for UK officers.

Already printed off the forms!!

Rich >>> UK
Old Jun 14th 2009, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

mr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Richie you may be able to have a second bite of the cherry????

I dont want to nick the thread but I would be interested in any (ex uk) ozzie coppers opinion on my dilemma!!! Would doing 9-12 months in the MET give me any advantage when I apply to the QLDPOL?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=601494

Many thanks

JOHN
Old Jun 17th 2009, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

Davy2Win is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by familyof4 View Post
Thanks for the response, unfortunatly for us we wont be joinging SAPOL after the way they treated my hubby during the process, we are utterly disgraced!!!

We are off on holiday to australia in a week so will do our own digging around whilst there!!

Michelle x
Hi, What happened with your man in respect of SAPOL? I am considering applying for the police down under as the applications are now out for April 2010