Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Getting to know your potential WAPOL colleagues...

Getting to know your potential WAPOL colleagues...

Old Oct 23rd 2013, 8:28 am
Just Joined

chris84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting to know your potential WAPOL colleagues...

Hey all, just looked on the weather app and to keep everyone smiling. It is 26C in Perth today and it is middle of spring, YES SPRING. :-D
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 10:06 am
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Great news Oz. Those complaints were obviously nothing to worry about, but I'm sure you did. No time to relax though. Form requesting and medical to sort! Pleased you're with us though.
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

OzPCwannaB will become famous soon enough

Thank you greg... All systems go!
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

CroydonCop is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi First time poster, hello to all!

I have been accepted through and am on the ABCD part now and having been super keen am now starting to get cold feet a little bit. This was exacerbated by meeting an ex colleague who went to SAPOL and basically said he hated it but he did say he'd made some dumb decisions along the way.

Anyhow just wanted to say hi and hopefully see u next year!

CC
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

fadsie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Croydonncop. Its an amazing opportunity and having been rejected at this stage I would give anything to be in your shoes!! Dont worry about it. It will be wonderful and your very lucky
Old Oct 26th 2013, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Dinger Bell is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CroydonCop
Hi First time poster, hello to all!

I have been accepted through and am on the ABCD part now and having been super keen am now starting to get cold feet a little bit. This was exacerbated by meeting an ex colleague who went to SAPOL and basically said he hated it but he did say he'd made some dumb decisions along the way.

Anyhow just wanted to say hi and hopefully see u next year!

CC
I have to agree with Fadsie, I too would have loved to have been given the yes instead of the no. You've come this far, what has changed? Make the most of this fantastic opportunity.

Dinger
Old Oct 26th 2013, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

ECILOP will become famous soon enough

CroydonCop,

I know exactly how you feel mate. For the past two years I've thought of nothing else other than moving to Australia and, now that it's real, it's hit me like a ton of bricks. That's not to say I'm having second thoughts but the weight of the decision and the effect it's going to have on the rest of my life is finally setting in.

I applied for my visa a few days ago and, as soon as I hit the 'send' button and paid rhe $3520, I had a bit of a 'there's no going back now' moment.

It is daunting and it's only natural to feel apprehensive about it all, especially since I'm moving on my own, but it's a once in a lifetime opportunity and something I would rather regret having done than not.

I know there's a few of us who are in a similar position and so I was thinking of setting up a group on facebook where we could get to know each other and discuss some of the finer details of the move. I know a few people who did the same thing earlier this year and it seemed to work quite well, with some even organising a house share together.
Old Oct 26th 2013, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Irishcop is an unknown quantity at this point

ECILOP there is a Facebook page up and running, it's called 'moving to WAPOL 2014'
Old Oct 26th 2013, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

ECILOP will become famous soon enough

IrishCop,

Thanks for that. Someone is obviously one step ahead of me.
Old Oct 26th 2013, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

VikkiShields is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ECILOP
IrishCop,

Thanks for that. Someone is obviously one step ahead of me.
Chris Christian set it up. We all on it. Come join us
Old Oct 26th 2013, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

dey111 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,

Long time lurker - first time poster. The wife and I are both in the process of doing the A-D forms. I've requested to be added to the Facebook groups so look out for a request from a Dey or two.
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

Steph7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Irish Cop if you are the admin for the fb page please accept a request from Pulse Fitness. I don't have a personal account so using my business one. Thanks
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Irishcop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steph7
Irish Cop if you are the admin for the fb page please accept a request from Pulse Fitness. I don't have a personal account so using my business one. Thanks
Steph I'm not but I'll say to Chris
Old Nov 5th 2013, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

iconn80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, how do I find the Facebook page? I'm not great with FB
Old Nov 5th 2013, 8:16 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Ihi k it's closed so you may need an invite. Alternatively, PM me your FB user name and you'll find it from my groups.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.