British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Police (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/)
-   -   Frontex Border Guard (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/frontex-border-guard-930437/)

Conrado May 21st 2020 9:08 pm

Re: Frontex Border Guard

Hello all. I am new on this chat. Thank you for the useful information posted so far.

I have some questions for you:

1) Beside the about 22 holidays per year, do you know how many days of leave do you get when deployed on a mission, when you are not in Warsaw headquarters?
2) On the remuneration table there is the "shift allowance" that varies in a range from 420 EUR up to 946 EUR per month for AST4. Do you know if this allowance is paid every moth because you are available permanently to go on a mission, or only when you are on a mission?
3) In relation with the 5 years starting contract, do you know if is there any econimc penalty if you leave Frontex before the end of those 5 years?

Thank for your help and good luck to everyone.
​​​

fujamillo May 21st 2020 10:35 pm

Someone has written up a pretty extensive overview of all the three levels of positions. Not only the salaries bit other stuff one can expect like pensions. I think this hasn't been shared in this discussion before. Found it useful. Maybe someone else does too.
https://euemployment.eu/how-to-becom...-border-guard/

See the three articles linked from the page above for basic intermediate and advanced.

5200 May 22nd 2020 3:33 am

I read the articles and I believe there are some mistakes in the math. For advanced level I don't know how it goes up to 5800 euro, when I count is about 4500, tops...

Basileus May 23rd 2020 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Wuga87 (Post 12856215)
It seems I'm the only who hasn't received an offer on this thread!

Sad days for me, but I'm honestly happy for all of you. You're going to do good things on this new adventure.

Hello Gents,

Wuga87, I am on the same position like you, still nothing yet..

I send an email to FX Thursday without answer and yesterday I call them... AND was a off day for Frontex.

Wee need just to wait, I tink!

Larry92 May 23rd 2020 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Basileus (Post 12856794)
Hello Gents,

Wuga87, I am on the same position like you, still nothing yet..

I send an email to FX Thursday without answer and yesterday I call them... AND was a off day for Frontex.

Wee need just to wait, I tink!

Exactly, basileus has right. Colleagues, who hasn't received any answer yet, doesn't mean that they are not still in the game! They are on the reserve list, and at the passage of the time they are gonna receive a response!

5200 May 25th 2020 7:15 am

Anyone received contract as well, or any other news after acceptance so far?

Brubru May 25th 2020 7:31 am

Originally Posted by 5200 (Post 12857532)
Anyone received contract as well, or any other news after acceptance so far?

Good morning all, hope you 're all fine.

For the moment nothing for me except the selection mail.
Fx was closed from the 21th till today, so pretty normal I think.

When I'll have, I will post it directly.

5200 May 25th 2020 7:51 am

Thank you, Brubru! I had my last email from them on 21st, at 23:00 hrs, when they asked for an address to send the IT equipment. I guess someone did some overtime :)
​​

I heard rumours that some colleagues already received contracts...

Brubru May 25th 2020 8:29 am

Originally Posted by 5200 (Post 12857538)
Thank you, Brubru! I had my last email from them on 21st, at 23:00 hrs, when they asked for an address to send the IT equipment. I guess someone did some overtime :)
​​

I heard rumours that some colleagues already received contracts...

21st at 23:00! He is under his 9 months probation I think :D

I didn't receive this one, I will wait till tomorrow then I ll send a mail to be sure.

About this:
"by clicking one of the buttons (‘Yes, I am available on June 16th / ‘No, but I would like to remain in the Reserve List’)."

I am still searching the buttons...

5200 May 25th 2020 8:32 am

Yes, no buttons actually. I responded to the mail with job offer with "I accept", they replied with "OK, you accept, but are you able to start on 16th of June?". My fault, I guess:)

Vlpet May 25th 2020 10:37 am

Hello everyone, I would like to ask if there are any women who passed the physical test and if it's possible to send a feedback.Did anyone have women at the same team or they are seperated from men when they are having for example the beep test?

5200 May 25th 2020 10:40 am

I had a woman on my group of physical test. She passed. From my info, only cca 10 are women from the total of the ~280 selected candidates so far.

Vlpet May 25th 2020 10:43 am

Originally Posted by 5200 (Post 12857561)
I had a woman on my group of physical test. She passed. From my info, only cca 10 are women from the total of the ~280 selected candidates so far.

Thank you very much for the information

GCamich May 25th 2020 10:52 am

Hi everyone!
Congrats and patient for each other from this forum :)

I have been selected and my question is that I need 2 documents to suspend my current employ :
-Document with the designation as a european border officer
-Document for the taking up the duties.

I suppose they will send or post . Do you know something about that?

Thank you

Basileus May 25th 2020 11:17 am

I got an email from FX and I was not selected for a job offer and the selection is stil on, but after finalization of this selection they will inform everyone about his result, everyone is in rezerv list and only the chosen standing corps received a job offer.

This can be taking in consideration to remaind in stand by for... no one knows!

​​​​​​All the best to all of you and God bless!