Frontex Border Guard

Old Apr 13th 2020, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

tkadunc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Seeing that the selection process has been put on hold and there's not much to discuss about that on here, I have a different type of question for all you guys. How come you decided to apply? Is it because of better pay, the opportunity to travel, new experiences, more excitement than your current job,...?

I'll go first. For me personally it's mostly because of the better pay and the opportunity to work in different places. Being 25 years old I feel like there's nothing holding me back. As an active duty police officer I must say that even after 5 years I still LOVE my job and even if I get the job offer from Frontex, it will be very hard for me to leave my current job. But with a monthly payment of around 1300 euros, I sometimes feel like my current job isn't giving me as much back as I put into it.

So what about you guys?

Last edited by tkadunc; Apr 13th 2020 at 10:52 pm.
Old Apr 14th 2020, 4:05 am
Just Joined

Fernandes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tkadunc
Seeing that the selection process has been put on hold and there's not much to discuss about that on here, I have a different type of question for all you guys. How come you decided to apply? Is it because of better pay, the opportunity to travel, new experiences, more excitement than your current job,...?

I'll go first. For me personally it's mostly because of the better pay and the opportunity to work in different places. Being 25 years old I feel like there's nothing holding me back. As an active duty police officer I must say that even after 5 years I still LOVE my job and even if I get the job offer from Frontex, it will be very hard for me to leave my current job. But with a monthly payment of around 1300 euros, I sometimes feel like my current job isn't giving me as much back as I put into it.

So what about you guys?
Hi tkadunc,

In my case, I wouldnt leave my confort zone for a worst paycheck, but definitly I am taking my chances on the grounds of having specific training and working opportunities/experiences.

Where are you from or currently working?
Old Apr 14th 2020, 4:39 am
Just Joined

JosePinto is an unknown quantity at this point

Good day everyone
I will introduce myself, I am José Pinto, Portuguese, GNR military in Portugal, I applied for AST4 and received an email to take the English test on 12FEV20 and on 25FEV20 I received an email informing that I had passed the test successfully and that I should appear on 11MAR20 in Warsaw for physical tests and interview.
After the tests with the 23 candidates that competed with me, I received on 13MAR20 an email to send the scanned professional and academic documents, then on 02ABR20 I received an email to confirm 2 dates that were not identical in the documents with the registration form, from that day on I didn't receive any more information, so I believe that even with the virus they must be reduced, but the list continues to be made.
Good luck to all and greetings.
Old Apr 14th 2020, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

Chantal F is an unknown quantity at this point

Now that we have some more time, I am actually wondering what exactly is the difference in tasks between the intermediate and the advanced level position.
Is the advanced level staff also sent to the border areas or do they stay in the HQ in Warsaw? And what about the intermediate?
Also:
Does somebody already know how many of each level they are looking for?
And will there be options, during the employment, to apply for other jobs withing the organization?
Old Apr 14th 2020, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MiguelAD
By the way, this correction coefficient applies to all remunerations, right, not only to the basic salary. (the way I read it)
I don't think so and I don't hope so.

In the notice it says:

1. Basic net/payable salary (after all deductions, contributions and taxes are applied) xx EUR xx PLN xx EUR xx PLN
2..Other possible monthly entitlements/allowances, depending on the personal situation of the candidate (expressed as gross amount weighted by 68.6 correction coefficient applicable for Poland):

The correction coefficient is only mentioned after point 2. So not for point 1, the basic salary.

Old Apr 14th 2020, 5:05 am
Just Joined

barry243 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chantal F
Now that we have some more time, I am actually wondering what exactly is the difference in tasks between the intermediate and the advanced level position.
Is the advanced level staff also sent to the border areas or do they stay in the HQ in Warsaw? And what about the intermediate?
Also:
Does somebody already know how many of each level they are looking for?
And will there be options, during the employment, to apply for other jobs withing the organization?
Ι asked the representatives from frontex during the tests and they told me that they want to take 750 persons for this recruitment from those 50% will be from basic level and the rest will be half intermediate and half advanced ..
Yes, it is possible to apply for other jobs within the organization

Last edited by barry243; Apr 14th 2020 at 5:09 am.
Old Apr 14th 2020, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by barry243
Ι asked the representatives from frontex during the tests and they told me that they want to take 750 persons for this recruitment from those 50% will be from basic level and the rest will be half intermediate and half advanced ..
Thank you Barry!
Old Apr 14th 2020, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fernandes
Hi tkadunc,

In my case, I wouldnt leave my confort zone for a worst paycheck, but definitly I am taking my chances on the grounds of having specific training and working opportunities/experiences.

Where are you from or currently working?
It's not only for a paycheck. Like I said it is also an opportunity to work in different places and get new experiences. However, I have a lot of concerns too. The biggest problem is, it is very hard to get reliable information about what's it like to work as a Frontex border guard. No such thing has ever been done before so a lot of guessing is involved when trying to figure out how things will actually be once we start working.

I'm currently working in Slovenia - Slovenian police.
Old Apr 14th 2020, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

LorisL is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't get me wrong, please, but if you take a look over the job description for advanced level, you'll see that this position it's a leading/managerial position. It's set out there that acting in this position you will lead "middle size teams", so 175 active leaders compared to 375 field officers seems to be a little bit exaggerated. It's just my opinion. Somebody else previously posted on the group that for advanced level would be only 7 positions. This information seems to be closer to the truth.
Old Apr 14th 2020, 9:50 am
Just Joined

It's not only for a paycheck. Like I said it is also an opportunity to work in different places and get new experiences. However, I have a lot of concerns too. The biggest problem is, it is very hard to get reliable information about what's it like to work as a Frontex border guard. No such thing has ever been done before so a lot of guessing is involved when trying to figure out how things will actually be once we start working.

I'm currently working in Slovenia - Slovenian police.
You could try to reach someone who might have been deployed in the field from your law enforcement agency and get an idea. That was my case, I got a very good feedback.

Last edited by Fernandes; Apr 14th 2020 at 9:52 am.
Old Apr 14th 2020, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fernandes
You could try to reach someone who might have been deployed in the field from your law enforcement agency and get an idea. That was my case, I got a very good feedback.
I've been deployed in the fieldbefore... However, being deployed to a Frontex operation as a national officer is something very different from actually working as a Frontex border guard. Completely different rules and procedures apply.
Old Apr 14th 2020, 11:28 am
Just Joined

I've been deployed in the fieldbefore... However, being deployed to a Frontex operation as a national officer is something very different from actually working as a Frontex border guard. Completely different rules and procedures apply.
I did not know that, I was assuming the job content would be very similar. I mean, one of the reasons underpinning the creation of Standing Corps was to provide FX with autonomy, quick response capacity and thus, not to be so dependent on national officers (i.e. EU member states' contribuitions). However, you might be correct and you have good insight from your previous deployment.
Anyways, we shall wait for the results and, in case of being selected, be prepared for the challenge.
Old Apr 14th 2020, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Brubru is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LorisL
Don't get me wrong, please, but if you take a look over the job description for advanced level, you'll see that this position it's a leading/managerial position. It's set out there that acting in this position you will lead "middle size teams", so 175 active leaders compared to 375 field officers seems to be a little bit exaggerated. It's just my opinion. Somebody else previously posted on the group that for advanced level would be only 7 positions. This information seems to be closer to the truth.
+1, it is a very high supervision rate.

Maybe it also takes into account the management of cat2 and cat3 officers.

Last edited by Brubru; Apr 14th 2020 at 10:00 pm.
Old Apr 14th 2020, 11:18 pm
Just Joined

barry243 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LorisL
Good day, itis not my opinion, i am only telling you what i was told by the leader of the recruitment....!!!
Old Apr 14th 2020, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

LorisL is an unknown quantity at this point

Good day, itis not my opinion, i am only telling you what i was told by the leader of the recruitment....!!!
Thanks for sharing anyway 👍

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.