Old Apr 10th 2020, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

MiguelAD is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, guys, nice to meet you.

I'm Miguel from Spain.
A couple of questions I wanted to ask you if it's possible:

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE ALREADY BEEN SELECTED:
1)
In the interview that Fabrice Leggeri gave to the European Affairs Committee of the French Senate, which BRUBU shared, when he said "The agency has already almost recruited 300 people for this corps", I understood that he was referring to new personnel and therefore personnel to be trained.
Have you been told WHEN, WHERE and HOW your training will take place?
I do not imagine that the times and forms of recruitment/training will be maintained for the duration of the COVID pandemic.
Unless the 300 he speaks of have been recruited at another time and are already operational to act...

FOR EVERYONE:
2)
This is something I've read somewhere, but now I can't remember where, see if anyone can clear it up for me.
Is it true that every two years you automatically move up a level, with the economic benefits that this entails?
I mean, from "AST 4, step 1" to "AST 4, step 2"

3) During the training, will we have the possibility to spend a weekend in your home country or can we not leave the training centre until the training is over?

Greetings to all of you and lots of encouragement!

And for those of you who have been wondering about the salary and other economic issues, here is some good news, that not everything has to be bad news these days.
Have you noticed that the salary is based on a correction coefficient (which, at the time of the launch of the job offer was 68.6), and that this is updated annually...?

Well my friends, if I am not mistaken and from what I have been able to verify, this coefficient has been updated, so I understand that the economic conditions have had to be adapted to the new circumstances, which give a correction coefficient of... 66.7!
This means that the salary with which we were recruited has suffered a slight decrease.

Can you confirm that I am wrong? I wish nothing more.

By the way, whoever wants to know at what level the economic offer of FX is, with a rule of three with the correction coefficient of our country we will obtain a perception of the salary we will receive.

Que la Virgen de Atocha os cuide y os cubra con su manto protector.

Would you be so kind as to indicate the link where I can read the entire interview Brubru?

Thank you.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 10th 2020 at 6:58 pm. Reason: Posts merged. Please don’t post just to access the PM system.
Old Apr 10th 2020, 6:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat092 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Originally Posted by MiguelAD
And for those of you who have been wondering about the salary and other economic issues, here is some good news, that not everything has to be bad news these days.
Have you noticed that the salary is based on a correction coefficient (which, at the time of the launch of the job offer was 68.6), and that this is updated annually...?

Well my friends, if I am not mistaken and from what I have been able to verify, this coefficient has been updated, so I understand that the economic conditions have had to be adapted to the new circumstances, which give a correction coefficient of... 66.7!
This means that the salary with which we were recruited has suffered a slight decrease.

Can you confirm that I am wrong? I wish nothing more.

By the way, whoever wants to know at what level the economic offer of FX is, with a rule of three with the correction coefficient of our country we will obtain a perception of the salary we will receive.

Que la Virgen de Atocha os cuide y os cubra con su manto protector.
Last time I checked the correction coefficient went up to about 7.1. If you look at new current vacancies for frontex it shows it.
Old Apr 10th 2020, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

Fernandes is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, guys, nice to meet you.

I'm Miguel from Spain.
A couple of questions I wanted to ask you if it's possible:

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE ALREADY BEEN SELECTED:
1)
In the interview that Fabrice Leggeri gave to the European Affairs Committee of the French Senate, which BRUBU shared, when he said "The agency has already almost recruited 300 people for this corps", I understood that he was referring to new personnel and therefore personnel to be trained.
Have you been told WHEN, WHERE and HOW your training will take place?
I do not imagine that the times and forms of recruitment/training will be maintained for the duration of the COVID pandemic.
Unless the 300 he speaks of have been recruited at another time and are already operational to act...

FOR EVERYONE:
2)
This is something I've read somewhere, but now I can't remember where, see if anyone can clear it up for me.
Is it true that every two years you automatically move up a level, with the economic benefits that this entails?
I mean, from "AST 4, step 1" to "AST 4, step 2"

3) During the training, will we have the possibility to spend a weekend in your home country or can we not leave the training centre until the training is over?

Greetings to all of you and lots of encouragement!
Hi Miguel,
This is Tiago from Portugal,

1) I was not selected, and this is just my opinion: I am not sure if anyone has already been contacted to sign contract with FX. No one has confirmed that in this forum so far. So, my guess is that the procedure is still ongoing but the 300 out of 700 officers are almost in conditions to do so. As the procedure has been interrupted due to covid, there are a lot of interviews and physical tests yet to be done. The 300 shall be from this procedure and are still waiting for budgetary execution.
Besides the info stated in FX website, no clue about where, when or how the training will take place. Even FX might know not about that, providing the virus thing is very uncertain at the moment.

2) I dont know how it works. From a brief reading I did a couple of months ago, you might be placed in a certain level according to your working experience (in years) right in you first contract year. I am not sure tough. And probably there must be some kind of progession system. Again, I am not sure if it works that way.

3) Again, just an opinion, trainees shall have free weekends to do so. Unless they consider to compact the training program including non working days to achieve a specific deadline.

All this is going very fuzzy...the pandemic is not helping, but FX could improve their comunication with candidates. I applied for both AD and AST, did my interviews and sent the required supporting documents, but I am not sure if I am still under consideration for any of them. In case of the 300 are already selected and "ready to go" it would be quite frustrating not to be replied with a simple "Dear candidate, we regret to tell you were not selected for now..."

Anyways, good luck for everyone and stay safe
Old Apr 10th 2020, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Seita is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fernandes
Hi Miguel,
This is Tiago from Portugal,

1) I was not selected, and this is just my opinion: I am not sure if anyone has already been contacted to sign contract with FX. No one has confirmed that in this forum so far. So, my guess is that the procedure is still ongoing but the 300 out of 700 officers are almost in conditions to do so. As the procedure has been interrupted due to covid, there are a lot of interviews and physical tests yet to be done. The 300 shall be from this procedure and are still waiting for budgetary execution.
Besides the info stated in FX website, no clue about where, when or how the training will take place. Even FX might know not about that, providing the virus thing is very uncertain at the moment.

2) I dont know how it works. From a brief reading I did a couple of months ago, you might be placed in a certain level according to your working experience (in years) right in you first contract year. I am not sure tough. And probably there must be some kind of progession system. Again, I am not sure if it works that way.

3) Again, just an opinion, trainees shall have free weekends to do so. Unless they consider to compact the training program including non working days to achieve a specific deadline.

All this is going very fuzzy...the pandemic is not helping, but FX could improve their comunication with candidates. I applied for both AD and AST, did my interviews and sent the required supporting documents, but I am not sure if I am still under consideration for any of them. In case of the 300 are already selected and "ready to go" it would be quite frustrating not to be replied with a simple "Dear candidate, we regret to tell you were not selected for now..."

Anyways, good luck for everyone and stay safe
I believe that the 300 almost hired officers are the ones that have already submitted their documents and diplomas. No one of us has any further info.
--- If there is something wrong with your documents, they will ask you for more details.
​​​​​​--- If you dont send the documents, they will come back to you in 1-2 weeks reminding you that.
--- If you sent your documents and received no answer, it means you are very close to receive a job offer.

Eurogroup came to a decision. So, I believe that in 1 or maximum 2 months time, FX will contact everyone. 😁
Old Apr 10th 2020, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Fudokanconway
Last time I checked the correction coefficient went up to about 7.1. If you look at new current vacancies for frontex it shows it.
That's right! I'm glad I'm wrong.

I just looked up the current notification in the OJEU (Information and Notices -C421, 13 December 2019). My mistake was that the document I consulted was from 2016.

Well, now that's really good news!
By the way, this correction coefficient applies to all remunerations, right, not only to the basic salary.

Thanks F

Originally Posted by Brubru
Hello guys, I read this in the news today:

Director of the European Border Control Agency (Frontex), Fabrice Leggeri, on April 8, during an interview in front of the European Affairs Committee of the French Senate:

"The reinforcement of Frontex - which has 2,000 agents - by a permanent European corps of 10,000 border and coast guards by 2027 was approved by the European Parliament in 2019. The agency has already almost recruited 300 people for this corps, intended to assist EU member states in border control and migration management".
“Budgetarily, today I cannot tell you that the European corps is insured. At the moment it is not actually funded, "said Fabrice Leggeri.
Sorry, I'm new and I still can't use the chat properly.

This request went here:

Would you be so kind as to indicate the link where I can read the entire interview Brubru?

Thank you.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 11th 2020 at 7:13 am. Reason: Again, posting just to access the PM system is really not on.
Old Apr 11th 2020, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

Brubru is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, I'm new and I still can't use the chat properly.

This request went here:

Thank you.
Good morning Miguel, 2 different links for Fabrice Leggeri's interview:

https://www.mediapart.fr/journal/fil...-deconfinement

Frontières européennes et Covid-19 : la commission des affaires européennes du Sénat sensible à l'inquiétude du directeur exécutif de Frontex - Sénat

Have a nice week-end.

Old Apr 11th 2020, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks
Old Apr 12th 2020, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

SteKoF is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anybody know if the doctor's certificate that allows us to take part to the physical tests must be in English?
The documents and diplomas must be translated also into English?
Happy Easter to everyone.

Old Apr 12th 2020, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

Larry92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SteKoF
Does anybody know if the doctor's certificate that allows us to take part to the physical tests must be in English?
The documents and diplomas must be translated also into English?
Happy Easter to everyone.
SteKoF , it hasn't to be in English. All the documents and diplomas in European language, are recognized.
Old Apr 12th 2020, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

SteKoF is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Larry92
SteKoF , it hasn't to be in English. All the documents and diplomas in European language, are recognized.
Thank you Larry92.
When they call us we need to show them the originals or photocopies?
Old Apr 12th 2020, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

Larry92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SteKoF
Thank you Larry92.
When they call us we need to show them the originals or photocopies?
No, you don't have to. Having been through the interview, they ask you to scan and send your diplomas as much as what you've said in your application form.
Old Apr 14th 2020, 5:47 am
Just Joined

barry243 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good day everybody, has anyone received the reimbursement from FRONTEX for the trip to Warsaw? Does anyone knows how long it takes?
Old Apr 14th 2020, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Brubru is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by barry243
Good day everybody, has anyone received the reimbursement from FRONTEX for the trip to Warsaw? Does anyone knows how long it takes?
Good morning Barry,

I've received the reimbursement the 7th of April, it took nearly 6 weeks for me.
Old Apr 14th 2020, 7:17 am
Just Joined

barry243 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brubru
Good morning Barry,

I've received the reimbursement the 7th of April, it took nearly 6 weeks for me.
Thanks for the response...!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.