Frontex Border Guard

Old Apr 6th 2020, 8:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Originally Posted by Seita
I dont expect them to continue the whole procedure normally. This would be crazy. But I would prefer an answer like WE PAUSED THE RECRUITMENT PROCEDURE AND WE WILL CONTINUE AFTER THE PANDEMIC and not that the candidates will be notified about the outcome. Which outcome? It would be better if they move all the deadlines and dates in a safe future plan and inform the candidates. For me all this silence is not right.
I’m sure they are doing the best they can, but this is simply not their priority right now (understandably). They may be working with a minimal work force and are focusing those still able to work on other far more important concerns.

Originally Posted by giannitwo
Thank you for update.
I think that there is no official statement because they don't know when the whole procedure will start again. FX is focusing on operational needs and recruitment procedure is going to have a huge delay.

​​​​​​​+1

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 6th 2020 at 8:50 pm.
Old Apr 7th 2020, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

Fernandes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I’m sure they are doing the best they can, but this is simply not their priority right now (understandably). They may be working with a minimal work force and are focusing those still able to work on other far more important concerns.

​​​​​​​+1
Last week I was contacted by e-mail to provide supporting documents, so I assume FX is working as fast as they can. All this pandemic thing is postponing our personal expectations, but we have been through this for a few weeks so far, and still, no one can tell precisely how it is going to evolve. We just have be patient.

wish you all the best
Old Apr 9th 2020, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Brubru is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello guys, I read this in the news today:

Director of the European Border Control Agency (Frontex), Fabrice Leggeri, on April 8, during an interview in front of the European Affairs Committee of the French Senate:

"The reinforcement of Frontex - which has 2,000 agents - by a permanent European corps of 10,000 border and coast guards by 2027 was approved by the European Parliament in 2019. The agency has already almost recruited 300 people for this corps, intended to assist EU member states in border control and migration management".
“Budgetarily, today I cannot tell you that the European corps is insured. At the moment it is not actually funded, "said Fabrice Leggeri.
Old Apr 9th 2020, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Stanx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brubru

Director of the European Border Control Agency (Frontex), Fabrice Leggeri, on April 8, during an interview in front of the European Affairs Committee of the French Senate:

"The reinforcement of Frontex - which has 2,000 agents - by a permanent European corps of 10,000 border and coast guards by 2027 was approved by the European Parliament in 2019. The agency has already almost recruited 300 people for this corps, intended to assist EU member states in border control and migration management".
“Budgetarily, today I cannot tell you that the European corps is insured. At the moment it is not actually funded, "said Fabrice Leggeri.
Yup Brubru... Something we have all actually expected watching the recent news haven't we...? But a strong warning signal can be broadcasted from here.
Would also be interesting to see what was the question to this answer.
So the Standing Corps has got an approved budget that has not been yet funded as per the budgetary schedule.
​​​​​​
Old Apr 9th 2020, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Yup Brubru... Something we have all actually expected watching the recent news haven't we...? But a strong warning signal can be broadcasted from here.
So the Standing Corps has got an approved budget that has not been yet funded as per the budgetary schedule.
​​​​​​
Old Apr 9th 2020, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

bxpuser9847562957 is an unknown quantity at this point

Frontex is an EU Organization which means it is funded directly from the member states. It is very logical not to be funded for future actions/procurements. So this is what the Executive Director meant.When the 700 Employees start to work, then the member states will have to fund proportionately the EU and EU will direct them to FRONTEX. At least thats how I get it and thats how EU Institutions work.
Old Apr 9th 2020, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Brubru is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stanx
​​​​​​
Yes you are right, unfortunately I just have a summary of his interview.
An approved budget not funded is not a so big surprise for me.
We are hearing that nearly every day actually, announcement effect...

The hope for us are the 300 "almost" recruited, let's see things positively 😁
Old Apr 9th 2020, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

Johnsmith2021 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello
I will make you a bet!
The whole Standing Corps recruitment process will be postponed for 2021 because the European Union's budget for this year, the year 2020 has been exhausted due to the huge additional costs of the Covid-19 virus.

Last edited by Johnsmith2021; Apr 9th 2020 at 6:34 pm.
Old Apr 9th 2020, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

bxpuser9847562957 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Johnsmith2021
Hello
I will make you a bet!
The whole Standing Corps process will be postponed for 2021 because the European Union's budget for this year, the year 2020 has been exhausted due to the huge additional costs of the Covid-19 virus.
Negative. There is a separate crisis funding procedure for the whole EU which is not allowed to affect other instutions, agencies or procedures. By that, I mean that regural money share between eu countries is not affected by any other decisions made because of the covid 19.
Old Apr 9th 2020, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Yes you are right, unfortunately I just have a summary of his interview.
An approved budget not funded is not a so big surprise for me.
We are hearing that nearly every day actually, announcement effect...

The hope for us are the 300 "almost" recruited, let's see things positively 😁
Allow me please to think loud a little...
We shall see how this will affect all of us.
EU states are still at "psychology of fear" effect level at this moment. There's no doubt. The first reaction is to defend yourself and become teritorial. Pointing to others for common mistakes it's part of it!
The next level should be "psychology of resilience" and this is when normally things should be seen more as a broad European picture beyond politics and North vs South...
At this moment (and that's just my thought) we have a problem of leadership at EU level. I wish we could say "well... they are all new but it will get stronger day by day"... Unfortunately it cannot with more than 75% of staff working from home in all EU critical agencies. Leaders and managers and people need to know or feel each other and for teams.
But yes, we need to be optimistic in a sense that the undeniable reality will make our leaders think and decide straight - a better/stronger Frontex operational capacity it's needed more than ever.
L'esprit de Corps... :-)
7000 applications confirms it somehow.

Old Apr 9th 2020, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Fernandes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Johnsmith2021
Hello
I will make you a bet!
The whole Standing Corps recruitment process will be postponed for 2021 because the European Union's budget for this year, the year 2020 has been exhausted due to the huge additional costs of the Covid-19 virus.
The decision to create the Standing Corps was mainly based upon urgent and security matters. It would not make sense to cut off security expenditure over other kind of subjects, even though the expected EU zone economic crisis, so, covid implications are probably about a budgetary delay. I do not believe they could simply run out of money to sustain 300 Standing Corps offiicers. It is just a "drop in the ocean" compared to the expected crisis' costs.

Except...we never know, things change quicly. It´s just an assumption.
Old Apr 9th 2020, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Facts:
EU budget for 2020 it's approved as far as I know.
Frontex budget Including Standing Corps also approved.
We have a tough pandemic requiring consistent extra-funds at the level of hundred of billions.
The FX budget of aprox 500 mln euro (!) won't impact this need.
Not in a way that a decision to halt FX S Corps development will be made.

So I believe we have an admin (and political) issue rather than a financial issue here.
Patience and optimism would do for now.

Last edited by Stanx; Apr 9th 2020 at 7:17 pm.
Old Apr 9th 2020, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fernandes
The decision to create the Standing Corps was mainly based upon urgent and security matters. It would not make sense to cut off security expenditure over other kind of subjects, even though the expected EU zone economic crisis, so, covid implications are probably about a budgetary delay. I do not believe they could simply run out of money to sustain 300 Standing Corps offiicers. It is just a "drop in the ocean" compared to the expected crisis' costs.

Except...we never know, things change quicly. It´s just an assumption.
Agree. We think the same.
Old Apr 9th 2020, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Larry79 is an unknown quantity at this point

We all need to be patient. It's a storm. We will overcome it. Just think positive 😊
Old Apr 10th 2020, 10:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat092 is an unknown quantity at this point

Meanwhile I slowly progress with my second language. Painfully slow but im determined to at least make the 2021 recruitment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.