Frontex Border Guard

Old Apr 4th 2020, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

SteKoF is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

[QUOTE=Brubru;12833280]Good morning,
The actual deployement allowances are (daily basis):Sorry i ask but where is this useful?
Old Apr 4th 2020, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

tkadunc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brubru
Good morning,
The actual deployment allowances are (daily basis):
Thank you Brubru. And wow, I'm actually surprised that DSA is relatively low. If I'm not mistaken DSA should primarily cover one's expenses during the deployment. I guess it all depends on what expenses will be covered by Frontex. But even if this is only to cover the food expenses, it's not a lot.

By the way, can I ask where did you get that from? I'm doubting that this is official due to some grammatical errors... For example, misspelling some of the country's names like "Island" and "Irland".

Last edited by tkadunc; Apr 4th 2020 at 9:37 pm.
Old Apr 4th 2020, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

User2021 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tkadunc
Thank you Brubru. And wow, I'm actually surprised that DSA is relatively low. If I'm not mistaken DSA should primarily cover one's expenses during the deployment. I guess it all depends on what expenses will be covered by Frontex. But even if this is only to cover the food expenses, it's not a lot.

By the way, can I ask where did you get that from? I'm doubting that this is official due to some grammatical errors... For example, misspelling some of the country's names like "Island" and "Irland".
Good morning. You can find all the needed information in the staff regulation which is posted on frontex website
Old Apr 4th 2020, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

Brubru is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tkadunc

The DSA mentionned in the table concerne only the meal (lunch/dinner) and not the accomodation and the breakfast, supported by Frontex.

If you want an official document, find it by yourself in the staff regulation.
The posted table is a summary made by a French FSO, it concerns the short deployment (1 month to 6).

Old Apr 5th 2020, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Seita is an unknown quantity at this point

Good morning to all of you,

I took the decision to write an email and ask FRONTEX about the recruitment procedure.

My mail was the following:
"" Dear frontex recruitment team,I understand that all European countries have to deal with CORONAVIRUS situation and that all the recruitment procedure will be unfortunately delayed.

But could you please inform me about FRONTEX'S plans for the whole recruitment procedure? In my opinion, you should make a statement in order to inform all candidates about what and at some point when to expect the whole procedure to run again.

There is so much concern among the candidates about what to expect in the future.

Looking forward to your answer.""

Today I received an answer :
""
Dear Candidate,

Thank you very much for your e-mail.

We would like to inform you that the candidates will be notified about the outcome as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, we have a slight delay due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the health restrictions.

We are really sorry for any inconvenience.

​​​Kind regards,

Standing Corps Recruitment Team""

I don't know if this helps you, but that's it. 😁

Last edited by Seita; Apr 5th 2020 at 8:13 pm.
Old Apr 5th 2020, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

giannitwo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Seita
Good morning to all of you,

I took the decision to write an email and ask FRONTEX about the recruitment procedure.

My mail was the following:
"" Dear frontex recruitment team,I understand that all European countries have to deal with CORONAVIRUS situation and that all the recruitment procedure will be unfortunately delayed.

But could you please inform me about FRONTEX'S plans for the whole recruitment procedure? In my opinion, you should make a statement in order to inform all candidates about what and at some point when to expect the whole procedure to run again.

There is so much concern among the candidates about what to expect in the future.

Looking forward to your answer.""

Today I received an answer :
""
Dear Candidate,

Thank you very much for your e-mail.

We would like to inform you that the candidates will be notified about the outcome as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, we have a slight delay due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the health restrictions.

We are really sorry for any inconvenience.

​​​Kind regards,

Standing Corps Recruitment Team""

I don't know if this helps you, but that's it. 😁
Thank you for update.
I think that there is no official statement because they don't know when the whole procedure will start again. FX is focusing on operational needs and recruitment procedure is going to have a huge delay.

Old Apr 5th 2020, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Stanx is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Seita! Thanks for sharing.
Just my opinion:
Yes, an announcement should be released. It seems this is a more difficult challenge for them than we think.
I believe some of the tenders have been awarded according to the initial plan. Physical, medical exam and training academy require people presence "on scene" - candidates, trainers, admin staff etc. It's very difficult to find a way around this.
Let's say signing an affidavit would be a solution from most candidates, some trainers and staff prospective. But can Frontex take this responsability as a public institution?...
It's the kind of activity that cannot be finalized online.
Seen like this, I would say the process will resume once EU finds either a proven treatment or a vaccin. In other words when the Pandemic it's completely gone.

Nevertheless, as I said in my previous comments, there has never been a greater NEED for a stronger operational structure like European Border and Coast Guard Standing Corps than now. The crisis it's 10 times more severe in Northern Africa and Middle East and the number of irregular migration and cross border crime will just increase at an impossible level for the member states to cope alone.

My suggestion was to localize recruitment. With the help of us, the aprox. 300 candidates in the final stage, select other min. 200 more candidates so that when the Covid19 ends the actual training can start immediately.

What other solutions do you see as possible?

Old Apr 5th 2020, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

5200 is an unknown quantity at this point

I couldn't have said it better, Stanx. They already have a pool from where to select a starting first group for basic training.

The thing is that frontex officials stopped their travels. Even if there's an ongoing rapid border intervention in Greece, no official from Warsaw can come to the operational area, because they must stay for two weeks in isolation when entering the country.
​​
For me, as a candidate who passed through all the selection stages, they must have a job offer already or not. An earlier notice would be better than a later one. Or maybe that's just the impatience in me...

As far as the DSA's, they are fair enough, in my opinion. I have been deployed several times with fx, and the money is not tight, I tell you...
Old Apr 5th 2020, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

On the other hand, if I was Frontex team responsible for the Standing Corps, I would have used this "before the storm" silance to get all other organizational aspects in line...
Specific regulations, equipment, asset management, rules of deployment etc. All of these preparations needs to be aligned with the new "life style" we all are going to adopt after Covid19 tough lesson.

​​​​​
Old Apr 5th 2020, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 5200
I couldn't have said it better, Stanx. They already have a pool from where to select a starting first group for basic training.

The thing is that frontex officials stopped their travels. Even if there's an ongoing rapid border intervention in Greece, no official from Warsaw can come to the operational area, because they must stay for two weeks in isolation when entering the country.
​​
For me, as a candidate who passed through all the selection stages, they must have a job offer already or not. An earlier notice would be better than a later one. Or maybe that's just the impatience in me...

As far as the DSA's, they are fair enough, in my opinion. I have been deployed several times with fx, and the money is not tight, I tell you...
I agree 5200
All we can do it's just trust their resilience capacity and wait for wise decisions.
​​​​​​EU in general and Frontex as one of our most important law enforcement agency, in special, must relize how important "l'esprit de corps" has become!

Last edited by Stanx; Apr 5th 2020 at 9:20 pm.
Old Apr 5th 2020, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

Seita is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stanx
Thank you Seita! Thanks for sharing.
Just my opinion:
Yes, an announcement should be released. It seems this is a more difficult challenge for them than we think.
I believe some of the tenders have been awarded according to the initial plan. Physical, medical exam and training academy require people presence "on scene" - candidates, trainers, admin staff etc. It's very difficult to find a way around this.
Let's say signing an affidavit would be a solution from most candidates, some trainers and staff prospective. But can Frontex take this responsability as a public institution?...
It's the kind of activity that cannot be finalized online.
Seen like this, I would say the process will resume once EU finds either a proven treatment or a vaccin. In other words when the Pandemic it's completely gone.

Nevertheless, as I said in my previous comments, there has never been a greater NEED for a stronger operational structure like European Border and Coast Guard Standing Corps than now. The crisis it's 10 times more severe in Northern Africa and Middle East and the number of irregular migration and cross border crime will just increase at an impossible level for the member states to cope alone.

My suggestion was to localize recruitment. With the help of us, the aprox. 300 candidates in the final stage, select other min. 200 more candidates so that when the Covid19 ends the actual training can start immediately.

What other solutions do you see as possible?
I dont expect them to continue the whole procedure normally. This would be crazy. But I would prefer an answer like WE PAUSED THE RECRUITMENT PROCEDURE AND WE WILL CONTINUE AFTER THE PANDEMIC and not that the candidates will be notified about the outcome. Which outcome? It would be better if they move all the deadlines and dates in a safe future plan and inform the candidates. For me all this silence is not right.
Old Apr 6th 2020, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

tkadunc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 5200

Yes but I'm guessing you were deployed to Frontex operations as a national officer under the coordination of Frontex. At least that's how that works in our police force. If so, you were paid by your country, not Frontex.
Old Apr 6th 2020, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

My country applies the same DSA's. Most of the countries do. They get their money back from fx. Potato, potatoe...
Old Apr 6th 2020, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

Larry79 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is what i found on the net.
Old Apr 6th 2020, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

That's accurate, Larry.
​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.