Frontex Border Guard

Old Mar 12th 2020, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

AntoU is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Originally Posted by Fudokanconway
That's potentially the end of the road for me with this guys. No longer eligible due to not having a b2 level in a second eu language. Been placed on the reserve list for 2 years so I've till then to aquire one which i think is feasible. So untill then, best of luck to the rest of you with the selection process.
That must be a joke! How can they do that to a mothertongue English language and very motivated person like you! I'm really sorry and disappointed about that! I really hope that you will be called in the nearest possible future. Don't lose your hope and keep on pushing mate...
Old Mar 12th 2020, 2:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat092 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AntoU
That must be a joke! How can they do that to a mothertongue English language and very motivated person like you! I'm really sorry and disappointed about that! I really hope that you will be called in the nearest possible future. Don't lose your hope and keep on pushing mate...
Dont worry I tried every possible avenue in relation to the second language. It's because its of the staff regulation that it can't be changed.

They have a flaw on the selection notice too where it sates in one part you must have thorough knowledge of 2 languages but then mentions you need to pass b2 English exam and then it's advantageous to have to languages. I wrote a detailed email covering this which was passed to a supervisor. Best they could do was a placement on the reserve list but I've to study a second language and pass the CEFR exam to even be eligible to get a position.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

AntoU is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont worry I tried every possible avenue in relation to the second language. It's because its of the staff regulation that it can't be changed.

They have a flaw on the selection notice too where it sates in one part you must have thorough knowledge of 2 languages but then mentions you need to pass b2 English exam and then it's advantageous to have to languages. I wrote a detailed email covering this which was passed to a supervisor. Best they could do was a placement on the reserve list but I've to study a second language and pass the CEFR exam to even be eligible to get a position.
Be positive then and a very good luck
Old Mar 12th 2020, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Christian D is an unknown quantity at this point

EPSO had decided to close their test centres in Poland.

https://epso.europa.eu/content/coron...information_en
Old Mar 12th 2020, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

bxpuser9847562957 is an unknown quantity at this point

At this very moment I would like to take a step back and give my warmest wishes to all the Italian candidates and their families. As things evolve, we should think all of our colleagues, fellow EU citizens, that face such a crisis. My thoughs are with you guys. Procurement issues can be delayed, human life not.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

clem34 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's potentially the end of the road for me with this guys. No longer eligible due to not having a b2 level in a second eu language. Been placed on the reserve list for 2 years so I've till then to aquire one which i think is feasible. So untill then, best of luck to the rest of you with the selection process.
Good Luck then, for a highly motivated person like you, reach a B2 level in another language won't be too hard
Old Mar 12th 2020, 6:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by clem34
Good Luck then, for a highly motivated person like you, reach a B2 level in another language won't be too hard
Thanks for that. I will be focusing on getting a b2 in French as soon as i can. Hopefully being on the reserve will potentially give me a chance next year.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

giannitwo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steliospk
At this very moment I would like to take a step back and give my warmest wishes to all the Italian candidates and their families. As things evolve, we should think all of our colleagues, fellow EU citizens, that face such a crisis. My thoughs are with you guys. Procurement issues can be delayed, human life not.
Thank you very much from Milan. Thankfully our national health system is still working and not being totally dismantled. The sad point is that we closed in the recent years small hospitals and now we lack beds for sick people. Hopefully it’s not going to spread all over Europe. At least not in countries where national health systems are totally privatized
Old Mar 12th 2020, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Berri is an unknown quantity at this point

So sorry hearing that Fudo. All my simpathies for the Irish. You will be fluent in one year if you can live in the country you want to learn the language. Send me a private message if you like, in order to give you some advice about that.
All the best.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

Stanx is an unknown quantity at this point

Fudokanconway although I didn't really gebto meet you I am joining the other mates hoping to meet you inside soon. I can foresee the academy will close for the time being and so the selection process will be stopped as well. Who knows what's coming...
French or Portuguese are easy and fast to learn. Good decision.
All the best and please stay in touch!

Last edited by Stanx; Mar 12th 2020 at 11:03 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Wuga87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that. I will be focusing on getting a b2 in French as soon as i can. Hopefully being on the reserve will potentially give me a chance next year.
Sorry mate. I was going to advice you to learn French, but I see you already took the decision. B2 can be reached in less than a year of hard work. Go for DELF test.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 11:22 pm
Account Closed

Thanks guys il be taking up French as it seems it might be the better option for my self. All schools are off in Ireland from today untill the 29th due to the virus. I am sure they are very close to picking there first candidates guys so best of luck.
Old Mar 13th 2020, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Brubru is an unknown quantity at this point

Poland has just closed its borders to Foreigners.
Old Mar 13th 2020, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

bxpuser9847562957 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brubru
I dont seem to find an official information about that.
Old Mar 13th 2020, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

papdimitris1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brubru
BruBru,
This means that we cannot travel to Poland for the athletic exams and the interview?
Anyhow and just to let you know I have sent an email to FRONTEX previous week about the possibility of postponing the procedure but they haven't answered to me yet...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.