Frontex Border Guard

Old Mar 3rd 2020, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

5200 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Good pension plan have only billionaires. Clear pension plan is for the rest of us. I posted before that fx regulation states that the 5 years contract is renewed for another 5 years and again for indefinite. It is not a bad job at all! I am 34 years old, with 13 years of police duty, if I continued I would pension at 47 according to my national police pension plan. At 47 I would still be young, and in search for adventure. My advice is to read all the documents related to financial compensations from the EU, you will find answers for yourself, more than you will find on a forum where the same question is asked every 5 posts. I would definitely go for EU pension plan against my national pension. If possible, and for sure is possible, I will go with both.

Last edited by 5200; Mar 3rd 2020 at 7:59 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

giannitwo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 5200
Good pension plan have only billionaires. Clear pension plan is for the rest of us. I posted before that fx regulation states that the 5 years contract is renewed for another 5 years and again for indefinite. It is not a bad job at all! I am 34 years old, with 13 years of police duty, if I continued I would pension at 47 according to my national police pension plan. At 47 I would still be young, and in search for adventure. My advice is to read all the documents related to financial compensations from the EU, you will find answers for yourself, more than you will find on a forum where the same question is asked every 5 posts. I would definitely go for EU pension plan against my national pension. If possible, and for sure is possible, I will go with both.
5200 you can have both only if you are seconded.
Of course if retirement age is 47 you can evaluate more chances, if it’s 60 (or 41 years of contributions) you must be more cautious.
Because all of us like adventure, no matter your age, but we are not backpackers. As professionals we must be very careful about financial implications of our choices.
the best chance is to be seconded by your national employer. Once and if you quit FX you can always be back to your small and comfortable desk
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Actually in my country I can "buy" my years of pension. I pay the contribution and I benefit of pension, just like the private pension.

I have never stood behind a desk in my whole carrier. Good luck to the ones used with desk work!
​​​
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Actually in my country I can "buy" my years of pension. I pay the contribution and I benefit of pension, just like the private pension.

I have never stood behind a desk in my whole carrier. Good luck to the ones used with desk work!
​​​
As you say retirement regulations are different from one country to another. I can redeem work periods such as disavantaged areas and border areas or university studies but retirement age remains fixed at 60. So I will pay close attention to contract articles about pension contribution (If successful in the selection process). Not so young but never too early to take care. What worries me more is the burocracy in my administration that could delay the process of grant of temporary discharge. If, once you complete the selection procedure, you start the course before 60 days, I don’t know if I will receive timely the authorization of secondment. It would help if FX could put some pressure to national authorities to speed up the procedure, but I am afraid that it will be up to the candidate to solve his national burocratic
problems
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

Pedro5520 is an unknown quantity at this point

In my opinion.
some people are concerned about the physical tests and Interviews and voice the concerns and questions on this forum.
Some people are concerned about wages,contracts and job security.
some people have other concerns.

ALL concerns and questions are valid and if you dont have a constructive answer/opinion on the question asked then I would suggest just scrolling past that particular question and not interacting with that particular post..

Finally, there has been some brilliant information posted on this forum and as soon as I have any pertinent information I will post it..

Keep it up and hopefully we will all be successful and be working together soon.
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 10:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat092 is an unknown quantity at this point

For anyone FGIV, i.e Contract staff, Basic level

https://frontex.europa.eu/assets/Car...101_EN_TXT.pdf

Page 214, 215

CHAPTER 4 SPECIAL PROVISIONS FOR MEMBERS OF THE CONTRACT STAFF REFERRED TO IN ARTICLE 3A

1. The contracts of contract staff referred to in Article 3a may be concluded for a fixed period of at least three months and not more than five years. They may be renewed not more than once for a fixed period of not more than five years. The initial contract and the first renewal must be of a total duration of not less than six months for function group I and not less than nine months for the other function groups. Any further renewal shall be for an indefinite period. ▼M131 1962R0031 — EN — 01.01.2014 — 011.001 — 213 Periods covered by a contract as a member of the contract staff referred to in Article 3b shall not be counted for the purposes of the conclusion or renewal of contracts under this Article.

2. By way of derogation from the last sentence of the first subparagraph of paragraph 1, the Appointing Authority may decide that only the fourth renewal of a contract for a member of function group I shall be for an indefinite period, provided that the total duration of his engagement for a fixed period does not exceed ten years.

3. Contract staff in function group IV shall before renewal of a contract for an indefinite period be required to demonstrate the ability to work in a third language among those referred to in ►M131 Article 55(1) of the Treaty on European Union. ◄ The common rules on access to training and the modalities of the assessment mentioned in Article 45(2) of the Staff Regulations shall apply by analogy.

4. Contract staff must have served a probationary period in accordance with Article 84 before renewal of a contract for an indefinite duration.

Article 86 1.

Contract staff referred to in Article 3a shall only be recruited (i) in grades 13, 14, or 16 for function group IV, (ii) in grades 8, 9 or 10 for function group III, (iii) in grades 4 or 5 for function group II, (iv) in grade 1 for function group I.
The grading of such contract staff within each function group shall take account of the qualifications and experience of the persons concerned. To address specific needs of the institutions, labour market conditions prevailing in the ►M128 Union ◄ may also be taken into account. Within their grade, such contract staff shall be recruited in the first step. ►M131 However, the second paragraph of Article 32 of the Staff Regulations shall apply by analogy to contract staff recruited in grade 1.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat092; Mar 3rd 2020 at 11:02 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

Pedro5520 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fudokanconway

Page 214, 215

CHAPTER 4 SPECIAL PROVISIONS FOR MEMBERS OF THE CONTRACT STAFF REFERRED TO IN ARTICLE 3A

1. The contracts of contract staff referred to in Article 3a may be concluded for a fixed period of at least three months and not more than five years. They may be renewed not more than once for a fixed period of not more than five years. The initial contract and the first renewal must be of a total duration of not less than six months for function group I and not less than nine months for the other function groups. Any further renewal shall be for an indefinite period. ▼M131 1962R0031 — EN — 01.01.2014 — 011.001 — 213 Periods covered by a contract as a member of the contract staff referred to in Article 3b shall not be counted for the purposes of the conclusion or renewal of contracts under this Article.

2. By way of derogation from the last sentence of the first subparagraph of paragraph 1, the Appointing Authority may decide that only the fourth renewal of a contract for a member of function group I shall be for an indefinite period, provided that the total duration of his engagement for a fixed period does not exceed ten years.

3. Contract staff in function group IV shall before renewal of a contract for an indefinite period be required to demonstrate the ability to work in a third language among those referred to in ►M131 Article 55(1) of the Treaty on European Union. ◄ The common rules on access to training and the modalities of the assessment mentioned in Article 45(2) of the Staff Regulations shall apply by analogy.

4. Contract staff must have served a probationary period in accordance with Article 84 before renewal of a contract for an indefinite duration.

Article 86 1.

Contract staff referred to in Article 3a shall only be recruited (i) in grades 13, 14, or 16 for function group IV, (ii) in grades 8, 9 or 10 for function group III, (iii) in grades 4 or 5 for function group II, (iv) in grade 1 for function group I.
The grading of such contract staff within each function group shall take account of the qualifications and experience of the persons concerned. To address specific needs of the institutions, labour market conditions prevailing in the ►M128 Union ◄ may also be taken into account. Within their grade, such contract staff shall be recruited in the first step. ►M131 However, the second paragraph of Article 32 of the Staff Regulations shall apply by analogy to contract staff recruited in grade 1.
Brilliant info.
cheers mate.
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 10:30 pm
Account Closed

So as per that EU staff regulation 2019 to be kept on after 10 years you need a third language , I know this isnt a Frontex specific regulation document but I think it covers it. Basic Level is FGIV point 3 above.

The word Indefinite= not definite; without fixed or specified limit; unlimited: an indefinite number. not clearly defined or determined; not precise or exact: an indefinite boundary; an indefinite date in the future.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat092; Mar 3rd 2020 at 10:33 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 10:44 pm
Account Closed

For anyone AST4, I.e Intermediate, Temporary staff.

Page 190 onward.

Temporary staff to whom ►M131 Article 2(a) or Article 2(f) ◄ applies may be engaged for a fixed or indefinite period. The contracts of such staff who are engaged for a fixed period may be renewed not more than once for a fixed period. Any further renewal shall be for an indefinite period.

Temporary staff to whom Article 2(b) or (d) applies shall not be engaged for more than four years but their engagement may be limited to any shorter duration. Their contracts may be renewed not more than once for a maximum period of two years if the possibility of renewal has been provided for in the initial contract and within the limits provided for in that contract. At the end of that time, they shall no longer be employed as temporary staff under these provisions. On the expiry of their contracts, such servants may be assigned to established posts in the institutions only if they are appointed as officials in accordance with the Staff Regulations.

Temporary staff to whom Article 2(c) applies shall be engaged for an indefinite period.

M131 refers to the Regulation (EU, Euratom) No 1023/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 22 October 2013. https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-cont...3R1023&from=EN

Last edited by scrubbedexpat092; Mar 3rd 2020 at 11:03 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 10:59 pm
Account Closed

The staff regulations and the new Frontex regulations really have the answers to peoples questions, I know its quite a read but If your serious on this Job then advice taking a look,

I know the information on pensions in your current job and then frontex may be hard to find but if your really concerned then contact a pension financial advisor privately. Ive yet to come across the relative info in the regulations.

EU STAFF REGULATIONS. https://frontex.europa.eu/assets/Car...101_EN_TXT.pdf

FRONTEX NEW REGULATIONS. https://www.dropbox.com/s/phhgms6iwn...c2019.pdf?dl=0
Old Mar 4th 2020, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by giannitwo
What worries me more is the burocracy in my administration that could delay the process of grant of temporary discharge. If, once you complete the selection procedure, you start the course before 60 days, I don’t know if I will receive timely the authorization of secondment. It would help if FX could put some pressure to national authorities to speed up the procedure, but I am afraid that it will be up to the candidate to solve his national burocratic
problems
I asked the interview commission, and they said it won't be a problem for fx waiting once they make a job offer. There will be 3 series for training, may, June and July, and they expect the July serie to be the largest. They estimate that it will take at most 3 months for bureaucracy.
Old Mar 4th 2020, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

They estimate that it will take at most 3 months for bureaucracy.
Good to know!
Old Mar 4th 2020, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

Stanx is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks Fudokanconway!
Sharing is Power!
Old Mar 4th 2020, 9:22 am
Just Joined

Lenka01 is an unknown quantity at this point

I asked the interview commission, and they said it won't be a problem for fx waiting once they make a job offer. There will be 3 series for training, may, June and July, and they expect the July serie to be the largest. They estimate that it will take at most 3 months for bureaucracy.
Nice to know.
Because that is an issue that troubles me. Supposing that I make it through all the stages of the procedure I have to ask my employer for a leave of absence which could be turned down if I don't ask it with a minimum of 90days from the starting date.
However at this point I cannot ask my employer for the leave based only on expectations 'cause I've passed the English test.
So my conclusion is to wait and see before worrying!
Old Mar 4th 2020, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lenka01
Nice to know.
Because that is an issue that troubles me. Supposing that I make it through all the stages of the procedure I have to ask my employer for a leave of absence which could be turned down if I don't ask it with a minimum of 90days from the starting date.
However at this point I cannot ask my employer for the leave based only on expectations 'cause I've passed the English test.
So my conclusion is to wait and see before worrying!
Hi Lenka, 90 days is a very long period. Theoretically, I have 30 days, but my employer can always deny the leave even if it's contrary to the administrative law in my country. Of course I can start an administrative lawsuit to get the temporary discharge but at that point I will think about quitting my national job. In your country your employer is bound by law to grant the leave?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.