British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Police (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/)
-   -   Frontex Border Guard (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/frontex-border-guard-930437/)

Stanx Feb 28th 2020 12:43 pm

Re: Frontex Border Guard

Originally Posted by Berri (Post 12813272)
Hello, Antou you are reading my mind. My feelings are quiet similars to yours. Anyway, for you and Gianni, I emailed a question about physical test and age to FX and they answer me very kindly telling me ( As I supposed) that the level we have to face is the same that for 47 years old, doesn' t matter if you are 49,59,69 or older. That's the way it is, so trainning and more trainning and tons of good luck. There is only an age limit for basic. Intermediate and advanced ( my case) have no age limit. Antou, you' ll be fine with your push ups. It is a stuff that you improve every day. My real pain in the neck is that bloody beep test, I run around 7 kms, at least 4 times in a week, but my average speed is 9 km/h. Even in "just" 860 mts, speed average of 11 km/ h and 43 laps with increasing rhythm, it is very far ( still) for me, but I wont throw the towel. All the best.

BET:
​​​​​​5 euro on Berri and AntoU for a successful beep test!! :-)
I just trust you guys. Don't make me lose my 5!

scrubbedexpat092 Feb 28th 2020 1:23 pm

Just got my email from Frontex asking me to submit all my certificates and qualifications that i mentioned during the application process and interviews

Stanx Feb 28th 2020 1:36 pm

Congrats Fudokanconway!
Same here. See you there.
They aren't saying anything about interview results.
Just asking for papers to confirm your app form.
Which is fair enough.

fogue10 Feb 28th 2020 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Fudokanconway (Post 12813308)
Just got my email from Frontex asking me to submit all my certificates and qualifications that i mentioned during the application process and interview.

Super, so I think there are more than 6 stages of the recruitment process, wow, it's quite a complex selection procedure. I was thinking that the process will rely on other circumstances but, being the first recruitment process it s quite understandable. I guess the next stage for you is another interview and the medical check or if you convin ed them, just the medical. I hope you are healthy enough😂 and hoping to meet you all in May/June (I just received my english test result, not quite fit for physical test). Cheers.

5200 Feb 28th 2020 1:38 pm

Just got my email from Frontex asking me to submit all my certificates and qualifications that i mentioned during the application process and interviews

Now that's a time to be congratulated! Did they also give you a deadline to do so?
How long ago were you interviewed?
Congrats! Looking forward to working with you;)

Taniapap Feb 28th 2020 1:39 pm

I think congratulations is appropriate! 👏👏👏🍾🍾🍾
you must be relieved, happy and proud!

fogue10 Feb 28th 2020 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Taniapap (Post 12813318)
I think congratulations is appropriate! 👏👏👏🍾🍾🍾
you must be relieved, happy and proud!

Sorry for not doing that first, Fudokanconway congratulations!!! 🙋‍♂️ The first round is on you! The next 20 is on us 😂.

Berri Feb 28th 2020 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Stanx (Post 12813294)
BET:
​​​​​​5 euro on Berri and AntoU for a successful beep test!! :-)
I just trust you guys. Don't make me lose my 5!

Thanks mate, but...c' est pas gagné d' avance. Pints on my side if a pass.

Brubru Feb 28th 2020 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Stanx (Post 12813314)
Congrats Fudokanconway!
Same here. See you there.
They aren't saying anything about interview results.
Just asking for papers to confirm your app form.
Which is fair enough.

Same here :thumbsup:

Congrats guys !!!

Taniapap Feb 28th 2020 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Brubru (Post 12813324)
Same here :thumbsup:

Congrats guys !!!

congratulations to all of you!
And thank you for the help you provided on this forum!

AntoU Feb 28th 2020 4:06 pm

Fudokanconway, Stanx, Brubru,
well done mate:thumbsup:. Carry on pushing you are nearly there! I really wish to all of you a huge good luck for the following steps :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Chantal F Feb 28th 2020 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by Berri (Post 12813028)
Hello everyone, New "old man" on the block, I would like to thank all of you for the info given. When I started reading I was quiet confusing and desesparate, but step by step, things are pretty much clear to me. I wasn´t very sure about starting that kind of "adventure" in this kind of Euro "Foreign Legion" of border guards, but I really believe it is worth it and reading your posts I am convinced. I am quiet worried about the physical test. I am over 50, so it is a real challenge to me, I need your help for the "beep shuttle run" a real nightmare (and I thought I was fit) As I read for my age group it is a 6,1. As far as I understand (and thanks to a programme downloaded) it means, 860 meters run at 11 km/h and 43 laps of 20 meters. Am I right? For an old bastard like me is quiet a lot, not the distance, but the average speed.Any tips for raising my destroyed morale? What about the trip to Warsaw? Is there any facilities to sleep overnight? Do yo have to book your own hotel? Thank you in advance and the best of the luck for you all.

Hi Berry,

I am also a "bit older" :cool: and exactly what you say: the beep test is a burden, especially the speed. 8.5km an hour is already really fast for me. Let me swim, row, walk fast, do push ups, sit ups, fitness, cycle etc, but running is just not my thing - in general. Anyway, I'll have to.
I downloaded the military and police beep test and run it a few times a week. I never make it, but eventually (hopefully on time) I will. The sit ups and push ups I will manage. But also the 10x10 m seems quite rough for me, I am always a few seconds late. I think when you do your normal training and then now and then replace it by the specific exercises (2 or 3 times a week) I think you can make it.

Let's go for it!!

Brubru Feb 28th 2020 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by AntoU (Post 12813371)
Fudokanconway, Stanx, Brubru,
well done mate:thumbsup:. Carry on pushing you are nearly there! I really wish to all of you a huge good luck for the following steps :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Thanks AntoU !

I wish you the same !

Brubru Feb 28th 2020 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by Taniapap (Post 12813328)
congratulations to all of you!
And thank you for the help you provided on this forum!

Thank you Taniapap 😄

Larry79 Feb 28th 2020 5:11 pm

Great job guys. Hope we all meet in the future.