British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Police (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/)
-   -   Frontex Border Guard (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/frontex-border-guard-930437/)

fogue10 Aug 28th 2020 7:28 am

Re: Frontex Border Guard

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usn...%3fcontext=amp
πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯
Poland will ban flights from 46 countries, including France and Spain, as of Sept 2, according to a draft regulation...

Wuga87 Aug 28th 2020 9:35 am

Originally Posted by fogue10 (Post 12902739)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usn...%3fcontext=amp
πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯
Poland will ban flights from 46 countries, including France and Spain, as of Sept 2, according to a draft regulation...

If I were you, I would try to arrange a new date with Frontex before the 2th of September.

​​​​

Alissi Aug 28th 2020 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by Wuga87 (Post 12902761)
If I were you, I would try to arrange a new date with Frontex before the 2th of September.

​​​​

I don't think they have made any arrangements for the tests for anytime earlier than September 6th. And anyway it would be on an extremely short notice... Hopefully they have some travel suggestions for those who might be affected by the ban!

Zanzibar Aug 30th 2020 12:40 pm

Hello guys!
As a curiosity, waiting for an answer from the Agency: those who are now involved in testing, I mean those scheduled for the evaluation of PA or interview, when you passed the English test?
Does anyone have any idea how many candidates have been evaluated so far and how many are to be evaluated? It is still talking about of the 2nd wave and 3rd wave, who can give some more concrete details?
I thought that the whole selection process would be completed by September in order to start the theoretical training, but there are still candidates being evaluated.
And a last question: anybody heard about of another phase of new recruitments, beginning immediately after 3rd wave?
Thanks in advance for the answers in this regard and good luck to all!
I hope to meet you as colleagues in the near future!

P. S. : I heard a rumor, about 15 Spanish guy from the first batch which would have given up. Anyone can confirme or deny? If is true what would determined them to give up after 2 months of online training?

Questfer Aug 31st 2020 11:05 am

Hello everyone! Anybody that passed all stages of recruitment and hasn t been asked to send his/her documents?

Randomjp Aug 31st 2020 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Questfer (Post 12903874)
Hello everyone! Anybody that passed all stages of recruitment and hasn t been asked to send his/her documents?

Yeap, me. Last (ad7) interview in middle of August.

Questfer Aug 31st 2020 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Randomjp (Post 12903876)
Yeap, me. Last (ad7) interview in middle of August.

Same here. So patience i guess.

Zanzibar Aug 31st 2020 11:44 am

Hello, guys!
I am in the same situation.
But the question is: if after the interview they consider that you are not what they want, they will still send an email to let you know, but how long does it take until then? Is there anyone who has been through this situation or does anyone know of such a situation?

LorisL Aug 31st 2020 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Questfer (Post 12903874)

I'm in the same situation. I passed the PA test and had my two interviews (for advanced and intermediate levels) in July and not any news from that moment πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Wuga87 Aug 31st 2020 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Zanzibar (Post 12903887)
Hello, guys!
I am in the same situation.
But the question is: if after the interview they consider that you are not what they want, they will still send an email to let you know, but how long does it take until then? Is there anyone who has been through this situation or does anyone know of such a situation?

They only email they send, is the one asking for your documents. They won't say anything about your candidacy untill the whole process is finished.

Questfer Aug 31st 2020 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by LorisL (Post 12903894)
I'm in the same situation. I passed the PA test and had my two interviews (for advanced and intermediate levels) in July and not any news from that moment πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Hi LorisL, i am in the same situation exactly, i gave at late july and middle of August my interviews while having completed english and PA test. I hope we ll be informed soon..

LorisL Aug 31st 2020 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Questfer (Post 12903917)
Hi LorisL, i am in the same situation exactly, i gave at late july and middle of August my interviews while having completed english and PA test. I hope we ll be informed soon..

We have nothing but the hope πŸ˜‰

Questfer Aug 31st 2020 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by LorisL (Post 12903918)
We have nothing but the hope πŸ˜‰

Hope dies last..... So we stand!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

christmasoompa Sep 1st 2020 5:00 pm

Quoting my own post as a reminder for newbies………..genuine forum members only please!

Thanks all.

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12814235)
Afraid I'm going to have a bit of a 'mod rant'.

Obviously this is a forum primarily aimed at British Expats, but anybody is welcome to post. But what we're seeing more and more with this Frontex thread is that people are joining purely to access the PM system so that they can contact others also applying for the job, and that's really not on. Posting three 'nonsense' posts and then going straight to using the PM system isn't the idea of a discussion forum, and isn't fair on other members. If you want to do that kind of thing, then Facebook is maybe a better idea.

I don't know how people are finding out about this thread, presumably it's just from Google, but if you are new to the forums then perhaps make time to share the knowledge of your country with British Expats that are looking to move there or already living there, as well as posting on this thread? That way you can join in the forums properly and become part of our community.

Thanks for understanding all.

speedy69 Sep 1st 2020 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12904469)
Quoting my own post as a reminder for newbies………..genuine forum members only please!

Thanks all.

want zo you expect when you started this!? And isn’t open for discussion!?

msefron Sep 1st 2020 10:33 pm

When is expected a new recruitment period?

tkadunc Sep 2nd 2020 7:36 am

I have a request for anyone that will go through the PA test in the next days. Would you be so kind and ask the guy there (he will be more than happy to answer all your questions) when will they send the next wave of contracts, and if there's anyone more known about the deployments? If you get the answer I would be really thankful if you can share his answer here. The last proposal about the deployment rotations was 4 months deployed, 2 in Poland. I wonder if that has changed.

christmasoompa Sep 2nd 2020 9:19 am

Originally Posted by speedy69 (Post 12904601)
want zo you expect when you started this!? And isn’t open for discussion!?

Just to clarify for everybody - I didn't start this thread, somebody else did. I've no idea why he chose a forum for British Expats to start a thread about Frontex recruitment, but he did and all are welcome as long as they remember this is a discussion forum primarily aimed at Brits.

And it absolutely IS open for discussion, that's the point of BE. It's not a place to just PM people to get information and not join in our community or to give back. We have a term that we use on BE sometimes which is 'help vampire'. Don't become one of them! So do join and chat, do go to your own country's forum and help others who are looking to move there with their questions, do join in the general chat forums. That's how BE works.

Anybody posting nonsense posts repeatedly just to use our PM system, or breaking any site rules (note site rule 15), will be banned.

Thx all.

fogue10 Sep 2nd 2020 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Alissi (Post 12899564)
Emails for a new (and supposedly last) round of PA test came out earlier today. I've got mine scheduled for September 7th.

Any info about the final day for PA in Sep? I read on a fb group that the invitations for PA were sent for 7,8,9/sep... Only 3 days? What about interviews?

Alissi Sep 2nd 2020 10:48 am

Originally Posted by fogue10 (Post 12904778)
Any info about the final day for PA in Sep? I read on a fb group that the invitations for PA were sent for 7,8,9/sep... Only 3 days? What about interviews?

No idea... I would also like to know. If anyone has the PA test scheduled fo September 10 or later, please share the info,I am sure that a many of us will be grateful. Same goes for the interviews, it would be useful to know if there are any interviews scheduled for this month... Many thanks and good luck to everyone!

fogue10 Sep 2nd 2020 11:56 am

Someone on fb posted this earlier...
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...5d1057899b.jpg

Adibord Sep 2nd 2020 12:26 pm

I've got mine scheduled for September 7th
Anyone going with me by car from Bucharest to Warsaw?

Wuga87 Sep 2nd 2020 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Adibord (Post 12904821)

That's the attitude! Good luck on your PA.

Marek019 Sep 2nd 2020 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Adibord (Post 12904821)

Hungarian borders are closed... even for transit.

Adibord Sep 2nd 2020 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Marek019 (Post 12904866)
Hungarian borders are closed... even for transit.

This is false. Transit is allowed.

Marek019 Sep 2nd 2020 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Adibord (Post 12904907)
This is false. Transit is allowed.

Last week, the Hungarian government announced that the country is closing its borders to foreigners starting on September 1st, re-introducing the border protection measures in force during the first wave of the coronavirus epidemic. Foreigners can apply for a permit to enter the country through the Hungarian police. Exceptions to the ban are made for foreigners on official business involving state organizations, those certified to receive health care, students with proof of student status, lorry drivers returning home, visitors taking part in family events such as weddings, and participants of international sporting, cultural, or religious events.

Adibord Sep 2nd 2020 9:40 pm

For Romanian citizens transit is allowed.

Marek019 Sep 3rd 2020 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Adibord (Post 12905077)
For Romanian citizens transit is allowed.

Ok, good luck then.

Wuga87 Sep 4th 2020 6:10 pm

Guys, those of you who had scheduled PA tests next week, have you been informed about any postponement or everything is going as planed?

Alissi Sep 4th 2020 6:55 pm

For now, it looks like everything goes as planned, but I read yesterday or 2 days ago on this forum that Frontex is exploring the possibility of having PA tests at a later date for the ones who can really not go to Warsaw next week, given the flights restrictions. Anyway, I believe there are very few people who won't go this time, it seems more like they're looking for alternatives to commute to Warsaw for the tests.

Claudio_RO Sep 6th 2020 6:07 pm

Hello everybody!
Does anyone know if there will be another selection procedure this year? Thx!

Alissi Sep 7th 2020 11:43 am

They've said today that the second batch will start in October. No info about when they will send the job offers. For those taking the PA test now, most probably, if selected, will start early next year.

Wuga87 Sep 7th 2020 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Alissi (Post 12906864)
They've said today that the second batch will start in October. No info about when they will send the job offers. For those taking the PA test now, most probably, if selected, will start early next year.

​​​​​​Thanks Alissi.

Is this info from the PA staff?

Alissi Sep 7th 2020 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by Wuga87 (Post 12906866)
​​​​​​Thanks Alissi.

Is this info from the PA staff?

Yes, it is

Wuga87 Sep 7th 2020 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by Alissi (Post 12906870)
Yes, it is

Nice, thanks.

Dimas Sep 7th 2020 12:53 pm

thank you Alissi for the info, did they mention which date in October the second batch is most likely to start?

fogue10 Sep 7th 2020 1:07 pm

And the rumour of the day, 180 candidates will receive job offers for the second batch, offers to be sent quite soon, today, tomorow maybe...

Alissi Sep 7th 2020 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Dimas (Post 12906875)
thank you Alissi for the info, did they mention which date in October the second batch is most likely to start?

The guy didn't mention any date unfortunately.

Platon2020 Sep 7th 2020 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Alissi (Post 12906925)
The guy didn't mention any date unfortunately.

probably on 16/10

Jkireland Sep 7th 2020 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by fogue10 (Post 12906877)
And the rumour of the day, 180 candidates will receive job offers for the second batch, offers to be sent quite soon, today, tomorow maybe...

Doesn't matter what country you go to in the world....cops love rumours man !!!!!!! Ha...and as an aside to give people an idea of where they are at with the reimbursement for travel i applied for mine on the last day in July and was told that I will be paid within the next week or so....hopefully that gives others an idea of when they should get there money back for travel encase anyone was wondering where they are on the waiting scale