British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Police (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/)
-   -   Frontex Border Guard (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/frontex-border-guard-930437/)

Antongo Jan 28th 2020 8:40 am

Re: Frontex Border Guard

I’ve just recieved my comfirmation e-mail! English test should be done in 72 hours after recieving a link.

IONUT Jan 28th 2020 9:04 am

Originally Posted by Platon2020 (Post 12797133)
Hello my friend !! I wish you good luck !!! I would like to ask you , how they certified your id , during the test ?

when you enter the app test you take a photo via webcam and afterwards you upload a photo of your ID. The program automatically recognize your name and after finishing registering the test starts.
the test has 5 phases for 50 minutes. I think it is important to manage well that time. Phases 4 and 5 were the hardest for me.

Lenka01 Jan 28th 2020 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Fudokanconway (Post 12797125)
I just got this email. "Thank you for your email and interest in joining our Agency.

Please note that the screening of applications is still ongoing. Due to the large volume of applications, Frontex regrets that only candidates invited for the tests and interviews will be notified about the outcomes. In addition, the period between the closing date for the submission of applications and the final shortlisting of candidates for an interview may take more than two months.

Please also find the timetable for the recruitment process below:

Shortlisted candidates will be invited to take the online English language test which will take place between the second half of January and the first half of March 2020. Candidates will be evaluated on their knowledge of grammar, speaking and writing. The test will last for approximately two hours and candidates who succeeded will then be invited to pass the physical aptitude tests which will be held in Warsaw between the second half of January and the first half of March 2020. Candidates who successfully passed the physical tests will be invited for interviews which will take place the day after the physical tests. However, medical checks will not take place at this point. Candidates will only be invited to undergo these medical checks if they have been offered the position - between March and April 2020. Selected candidates will be able to sign the contract with the Agency only once their medical checks have been approved."
I think there is another batch of English tests being conducted at the start of March. They must be splitting the recruitment into two groups.

Good Morning,

Also received the same reply yesterday.

I have asked today Frontex if they have sent out all the emails to the shortlisted candidates. They have not answered me back.

I'm a bit disappointed 'cause I have over 17 years of Armed Forces and Police in my CV along with many other features that I'll spare the audience with.

Anyhow has anyone confirmed intell if they have sent out all the emails or they will continue throughout next days?

BTW: good luck to those who have made it to the next stage.

scrubbedexpat092 Jan 28th 2020 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Lenka01 (Post 12797192)
Good Morning,

Also received the same reply yesterday.

I have asked today Frontex if they have sent out all the emails to the shortlisted candidates. They have not answered me back.

I'm a bit disappointed 'cause I have over 17 years of Armed Forces and Police in my CV along with many other features that I'll spare the audience with.

Anyhow has anyone confirmed intell if they have sent out all the emails or they will continue throughout next days?

BTW: good luck to those who have made it to the next stage.

Yeah im a bit disappointed if that's just it, on a positive note there will be other recruitments in 2021 so let's just see what happens. I've 12 years military and police but they must want more experienced personel.

if there are no more sent tomorrow then il just accept thats the end of the emails being sent out.

gpiper Jan 28th 2020 11:09 am

Here is a theory. If they are staggering invites etc it could be the case that they might send a batch of them every Monday. So consider yourselves lucky if you haven't received one yet as you get more time down the road to prepare for the physical. Positive thinking!!!!!

Neven Jan 28th 2020 11:14 am

Originally Posted by gpiper (Post 12797225)
Here is a theory. If they are staggering invites etc it could be the case that they might send a batch of them every Monday. So consider yourselves lucky if you haven't received one yet as you get more time down the road to prepare for the physical. Positive thinking!!!!!

Fully agree with you!

scrubbedexpat092 Jan 28th 2020 11:15 am

Originally Posted by gpiper (Post 12797225)

I like your positive thinking buddy. Let's hope that's the case 😁

Lenka01 Jan 28th 2020 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Fudokanconway (Post 12797231)
I like your positive thinking buddy. Let's hope that's the case 😁

Well, I'm not so sure. Most probably they have sent the emails to those who they think are more suitable. Not everyone will probably make the English test cut. So if they feel they haven't many candidates who made it through the 1st cut they will invite more people to take it.
So, 2 conclusions. One we are not in the 1st batch of more desirable candidates. Second, this is an ongoing dynamic procedure. Therefore the reason they don't update the status of the procedure to "shortlisted candidates all invited to the English Test" is because it is ongoing to see how much of them make it to the next stage.

AntoU Jan 28th 2020 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Lenka01 (Post 12797236)
Well, I'm not so sure. Most probably they have sent the emails to those who they think are more suitable. Not everyone will probably make the English test cut. So if they feel they haven't many candidates who made it through the 1st cut they will invite more people to take it.
So, 2 conclusions. One we are not in the 1st batch of more desirable candidates. Second, this is an ongoing dynamic procedure. Therefore the reason they don't update the status of the procedure to "shortlisted candidates all invited to the English Test" is because it is ongoing to see how much of them make it to the next stage.

I like your positive thinking guys! Really hope that all of this is related to the quite complex selection procedure....

gpiper Jan 28th 2020 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by IONUT (Post 12797124)
Hi everyone, i am Ionut from Romania. Yesterday i received my invitation email and few hours afterwards the link for the english test. Cant say it was easy, as an advice, take your time, pay attention and it will be ok. I was kinda in a hurry because i wasnt sure what is comming next and i finished it in 34 min with a 79.8% score. Pretty sure i could have done better. Anyway, in the email it says that they foresee the phisycal and the interview on the second week of february, on two consecutive days. These damn push ups are killing me, 31 seems like 310 for me. Good luck everyone.

Just out of curiosity do they tell you before you start the test what the pass mark is? Good luck from me as well with the rest of the process.

IONUT Jan 28th 2020 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by gpiper (Post 12797281)
Just out of curiosity do they tell you before you start the test what the pass mark is? Good luck from me as well with the rest of the process.

hi and thank you for your wishes. I cant recall exactly, but to pass the test you have to score 65%

Dozex Jan 28th 2020 2:37 pm

IONUT what position did you apply for?

Stanx Jan 28th 2020 2:52 pm

One question for those already invited.
I assume most of you have applied for more than one level as well. As you know the message doesn't state what level (basic, intermediate or advanced) you have been selected for.
Noticed my invitation has been send from an email address starting with the advanced level code - AD7.
Some of you applied for basic and intermediate.
I applied for intermed and advanced.
Q: Have you also received the message from an address corresponding to basic or intermediate FX code?

LorisL Jan 28th 2020 5:11 pm

Hi, everyone !
I have a question for those of you who have already been invited for English test... Can you offer us information about the date when you have submitted the applications? In my opinion this could be also very important as I think that they are inviting us also depending on the age of the application (and not only).
Thanks and good luck !

Antongo Jan 28th 2020 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by LorisL (Post 12797499)
Hi, everyone !
I have a question for those of you who have already been invited for English test... Can you offer us information about the date when you have submitted the applications? In my opinion this could be also very important as I think that they are inviting us also depending on the age of the application (and not only).
Thanks and good luck !

I’ve submitted my application on 28th of october for AST4 (intermediate level) and recieved my confirmation e-mail this morning.

LorisL Jan 28th 2020 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Antongo (Post 12797508)
I’ve submitted my application on 28th of october for AST4 (intermediate level) and recieved my confirmation e-mail this morning.

Thanks for reply ! I've submitted mine on 10th of December (for intermediate and advanced) and I haven't received an invitation email yet...

Stanx Jan 28th 2020 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Antongo (Post 12797508)

Thanks Antongo.
Also received the mail this morning.
Your confirmation email was sent from an email address starting with AST4
I assume?

Stanx Jan 28th 2020 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by LorisL (Post 12797516)
Thanks for reply ! I've submitted mine on 10th of December (for intermediate and advanced) and I haven't received an invitation email yet...

They haven't finished yet as I understood.
You will receive it.

LorisL Jan 28th 2020 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by Stanx (Post 12797533)
They haven't finished yet as I understood.
You will receive it.

Thanks! I hope I will 😉

NewUser12 Jan 28th 2020 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Stanx (Post 12797523)
Thanks Antongo.
I assume?

just a quick question. When you received an invitation email, was it addressed to „Dear Candidate” or „Dear ( your name)”. I assume if they address the email to your name that means they respond to everyone individually. It could be not just a case of sending a batch of emails. And it could make a sense. Sending individual emails to a few thousands canditates is really time consuming.

and another one :-)... how much time you got between completing the English test and travelling to Warsaw for the physical assessment??? If that’s a week that could be quite difficult to book a time off from work, get plane tickets and travel there

IONUT Jan 28th 2020 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by NewUser12 (Post 12797550)
just a quick question. When you received an invitation email, was it addressed to „Dear Candidate” or „Dear ( your name)”. I assume if they address the email to your name that means they respond to everyone individually. It could be not just a case of sending a batch of emails. And it could make a sense. Sending individual emails to a few thousands canditates is really time consuming.

and another one :-)... how much time you got between completing the English test and travelling to Warsaw for the physical assessment??? If that’s a week that could be quite difficult to book a time off from work, get plane tickets and travel there

Hey buddy,

It was dear candidate :)
i received the email on monday, and the physical is about to be scheduled for the second week of February. Time is pretty tight i might say!

Antongo Jan 28th 2020 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by Stanx (Post 12797523)
Thanks Antongo.
I assume?

Yep! The adress was ast4standingcorps.... and so on....

NewUser12 Jan 28th 2020 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by IONUT (Post 12797569)
Hey buddy,

It was dear candidate :)
i received the email on monday, and the physical is about to be scheduled for the second week of February. Time is pretty tight i might say!

cheers my friend... I will stop being a detective now and just wait and see ;-) shame Frontex did not specify their recruitment process in more detail so could just sit back, chill out and wait for our turns ;-)

scrubbedexpat092 Jan 28th 2020 7:40 pm

I've never wanted to do an English test so much in my life 😂😂

NewUser12 Jan 28th 2020 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by Fudokanconway (Post 12797590)
I've never wanted to do an English test so much in my life 😂😂

bro I know your pain ;-)

TheoK Jan 28th 2020 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by Larry92 (Post 12797119)
Good morning to everyone. Have to agree ,with platon. Is any Greek here who received an e-mail?

Theo from Greece here. Have received the email by midday. I have applied for the intermediate and advanced levels

Stanx Jan 28th 2020 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by Antongo (Post 12797571)
Yep! The adress was ast4standingcorps.... and so on....

Thanks a lot Antongo!

Stanx Jan 28th 2020 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by TheoK (Post 12797596)
Theo from Greece here. Have received the email by midday. I have applied for the intermediate and advanced levels

Hello TheoK. You also received the email from AD7 address I guess?

TheoK Jan 28th 2020 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by Stanx (Post 12797601)
Hello TheoK. You also received the email from AD7 address I guess?

No Stanx, it’s from AST4. I was probably selected for the intermediate level only, I suppose!

Stanx Jan 28th 2020 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by TheoK (Post 12797645)
No Stanx, it’s from AST4. I was probably selected for the intermediate level only, I suppose!

This is another challenging situation... :-)
Since they do not mention the category in the email body I believe all details will be set based after the English test.
Anyways, I also tend to just take one step at a time.
Good luck with everything!

AntoU Jan 29th 2020 6:35 am

Good morning to everybody,
The waiting game it's starting again .......for those who are still hoping to receive an invitation email.

kon20 Jan 29th 2020 8:19 am

Hi guys. This thread has been a great idea. We can support each other. I think that it's a matter of time. The candidates that have submitted early have been invited. The rest will be invited later.

BillTheGreek Jan 29th 2020 10:24 am

Originally Posted by kon20 (Post 12797782)
Hi guys. This thread has been a great idea. We can support each other. I think that it's a matter of time. The candidates that have submitted early have been invited. The rest will be invited later.

hi Kon20
can you confirm that or it's a anticipation?
thanks

kon20 Jan 29th 2020 10:38 am

It's my guess. I know two invited guys that their application was submitted in October or first days of November. The fellow candidates that have been invited can confirm or not this scenario. When did you submit the application?

Originally Posted by BillTheGreek (Post 12797828)
hi Kon20
can you confirm that or it's a anticipation?
thanks

IONUT Jan 29th 2020 10:50 am

Originally Posted by kon20 (Post 12797834)
It's my guess. I know two invited guys that their application was submitted in October or first days of November. The fellow candidates that have been invited can confirm or not this scenario. When did you submit the application?

i think you are right. I submitted my app, second or third day after the public announcement was made. And from what i understand, the others that received the invite all submitted early on. Does anyone knows someone who submitted early and got an invite?

VasiRo Jan 29th 2020 10:59 am

Hy guys! Another not-"yet"-invited here.
Am i wrong or all of the invited ones applied either for the intermediate or the advanced posts?
Anyone with a basic application received an invitation?
I guess it would make sense to fill the most senior roles first, especially since a lot of people applied for more than one position.
​​​
​​​

5200 Jan 29th 2020 10:59 am

As far as I can see, only advanced and intermediate were contacted so far. I was expecting to continue with the emails, but no news for today...

BillTheGreek Jan 29th 2020 11:27 am

Originally Posted by kon20 (Post 12797834)

thanks for your response.
I believe that you are right. I had submitted my application 2 day before the deadline and i have not received an email yet.
ok. i am waiting..!!

Stanx Jan 29th 2020 12:09 pm

Submitted my application on the 7th of November. Received the letter and the link for the online Eng test yesterday. I'm also sure there will be more emails to be received.

scrubbedexpat092 Jan 29th 2020 12:09 pm

Didn't a guy on this forum apply for basic and got an email. I could be wrong