British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Police (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/)
-   -   Frontex Border Guard (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/frontex-border-guard-930437/)

NewUser12 Jan 27th 2020 12:04 pm

Re: Frontex Border Guard

Originally Posted by gpiper (Post 12796528)
I have applied for all three levels so it definitely is not level related. Additionally quite a few people here are very experienced from various backgrounds. I am sure he will be able to produce a screenshot to help all of us doubters!!!

yep that could be the truth. But not sure why the heck he has done it ;-) we are all in a similar position here and should support each other and not take a mick of us...

AntoU Jan 27th 2020 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Chantal F (Post 12796529)
I also applied for advanced..but no e-mail so far :(

Advanced/no email received

Stanx Jan 27th 2020 12:21 pm

If I was Tugapolice and behaved like a total <snip>, I would have pretended to be a new user. Which would have seemed to save appearances but in essence I remained the same...

NewUser12 Jan 27th 2020 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Stanx (Post 12796548)
If I was Tugapolice and behaved like a total ASHL, I would have pretended to be a new user. Which would have seemed to save appearances but in essence I remained the same...

just to confirm... I am defo not Tuga :-)

Dozex Jan 27th 2020 12:36 pm

Guys this is escalating quickly, there is no reason to start offending people. No one is obligated to provide evidence of receiving or not receiving the invitation to the next phase. If you don’t receive the email its not the end of the world and i’m sure there will be other opportunities in the future. Is this the first time you don’t get invited to a job interview or apply for something?
I suggest everyone chill and wait for a response from Frontex.
Good luck!

BillTheGreek Jan 27th 2020 12:38 pm

I am in the same levels, but i have not received an email

NewUser12 Jan 27th 2020 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by Dozex (Post 12796561)
Guys this is escalating quickly, there is no reason to start offending people. No one is obligated to provide evidence of receiving or not receiving the invitation to the next phase. If you don’t receive the email its not the end of the world and i’m sure there will be other opportunities in the future. Is this the first time you don’t get invited to a job interview or apply for something?
Good luck!

fully agree. Well said. Good luck

Tugapolice Jan 27th 2020 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Dozex (Post 12796561)
Good luck!

Hi again. Thanks for your words. I didnt want to cause such a comotion. Just did as i promissed. Ofc i wont be posting copies of email that wouldnt be very wise, as you all should now. Just wanted to be helpfull
Hope everything goes well for you all. Since it seems sharing information causes a lot of problems. Ill just add last information youll read from me. It’s true I got the email. Good luck.

Chantal F Jan 27th 2020 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Tugapolice (Post 12796574)
Hi again. Thanks for your words. I didnt want to cause such a comotion. Just did as i promissed. Ofc i wont be posting copies of email that wouldnt be very wise, as you all should now. Just wanted to be helpfull
Hope everything goes well for you all. Since it seems sharing information causes a lot of problems. Ill just add last information youll read from me. It’s true I got the email. Good luck.

Good luck Tuga!!:drinkingwine:

Lenka01 Jan 27th 2020 1:32 pm

Could you tell us when will you be doing the test and where it will be held? Please, could you enlighten us when some details.
Good luck with the English Test.

christmasoompa Jan 27th 2020 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by gpiper (Post 12796435)
Would you mind sharing a screenshot so we know what to expect???

Please don't anybody share emails, or ask others too - these are private, subject to copyright and should not be placed on a public forum.

Originally Posted by Stanx (Post 12796548)
If I was Tugapolice and behaved like a total <snip>, I would have pretended to be a new user. Which would have seemed to save appearances but in essence I remained the same...

Rest assured it's easy for the mods to find and ban anybody with multiple accounts. Please also remember that we try to keep things clean on BE (family friendly forum and all that), using an acronym instead of the actual word doesn't make it any better!

Thanks all.

gpiper Jan 27th 2020 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12796626)
Please don't anybody share emails, or ask others too - these are private, subject to copyright and should not be placed on a public forum.

Rest assured it's easy for the mods to find and ban anybody with multiple accounts. Please also remember that we try to keep things clean on BE (family friendly forum and all that), using an acronym instead of the actual word doesn't make it any better!

Thanks all.

I stand corrected my apologies!

christmasoompa Jan 27th 2020 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by gpiper (Post 12796628)
I stand corrected my apologies!

No probs. Good luck to you all.

scrubbedexpat092 Jan 27th 2020 2:23 pm

It could be in waves guys through out the week or start of Feb so let's just see.

axi_theo Jan 27th 2020 2:44 pm

Hello guys ,i got my email this morning. Just finished the first part of the test but cannot procced to speaking and writing exam. Has anybody else have the same problem?

gpiper Jan 27th 2020 3:22 pm

Update for everyone here! I messaged Frontex on Facebook Messenger about the English test emails and they confirmed they have started sending them out today to shortlisted candidates.

Dozex Jan 27th 2020 3:34 pm

I also spoke to a friend and he received the email today. He applied for basic.
Good luck!

scrubbedexpat092 Jan 27th 2020 3:56 pm

Did you ask them by chance if they where going to send one to you by quoting your reference number?

Dozex Jan 27th 2020 4:00 pm

I didn’t but i’m sure that’s the way they proceed. I applied for advanced and someone told me there are only 7 positions so chances are low for me to get that email.

scrubbedexpat092 Jan 27th 2020 4:02 pm

7 advanced positions, I wasn't aware of that.l

Dozex Jan 27th 2020 4:11 pm

It’s not 100% confirmed, so don’t get your hopes down.
But imo i think they sent all the emails today because it’s just a few clicks when you have the shortlist. It’s not like they are sending letters.
But let’s hope for the best

tkadunc Jan 27th 2020 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by gpiper (Post 12796694)
Update for everyone here! I messaged Frontex on Facebook Messenger about the English test emails and they confirmed they have started sending them out today to shortlisted candidates.

Did they say they started sending them out (implying that not all have been sent yet) or that they sent out the emails to shortlisted candidates (implying that no more will be sent out)?

gpiper Jan 27th 2020 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by tkadunc (Post 12796879)
Did they say they started sending them out (implying that not all have been sent yet) or that they sent out the emails to shortlisted candidates (implying that no more will be sent out)?

Their reply and I quote was "Hi George, today we have started out sending emails to shortlisted candidates. Regards"

I choose to believe more emails are due out. Seeing as Tuga got his one just after 0830 Warsaw time which CET plus 1, I'm expecting hopefully more people to confirm having received emails tomorrow morning. Have a great night everyone

tkadunc Jan 27th 2020 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by gpiper (Post 12796885)
Their reply and I quote was "Hi George, today we have started out sending emails to shortlisted candidates. Regards"

I choose to believe more emails are due out. Seeing as Tuga got his one just after 0830 Warsaw time which CET plus 1, I'm expecting hopefully more people to confirm having received emails tomorrow morning. Have a great night everyone

Thank you for that information. That's also what I think.

I wish you good luck!

Stanx Jan 27th 2020 8:10 pm

Allow me to also apologise for my reaction. I'm sorry.
Good luck and all the best!

Sti Jan 27th 2020 9:57 pm

I got my mail today, tomorow, as I was told is the last day of sending the mails. Friday is the last day to complete the english test. I was tod that 3k apps will get mail to undergo the english test. The total of people, not the apps was arround 4,5k. Best, Andrew.

scrubbedexpat092 Jan 27th 2020 10:00 pm

Very interesting, Thanks Andrew, Here is hoping the emails are sent tomorrow.

gpiper Jan 28th 2020 5:48 am

Good morning everyone. Anyone here got email this morning yet???

AntoU Jan 28th 2020 5:58 am

Originally Posted by gpiper (Post 12797072)
Good morning everyone. Anyone here got email this morning yet???

Good mornig. No email yet. My hopes start to fading....

Q_man Jan 28th 2020 6:22 am

Goodmorning from Greece 🇬🇷 Still nothing... 🙄

Platon2020 Jan 28th 2020 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Q_man (Post 12797080)
Goodmorning from Greece 🇬🇷 Still nothing... 🙄

No Greeks to the game ...

Stanx Jan 28th 2020 7:32 am

Maybe they want to run the first batch all the way and figure what proportion pass the English test?

Stanx Jan 28th 2020 7:42 am

Just received the invitation email. English test in 72 hours and physical together with interview in the second week of Feb. Good luck everyone!

Larry92 Jan 28th 2020 7:42 am

Originally Posted by Platon2020 (Post 12797102)
No Greeks to the game ...

Good morning to everyone. Have to agree ,with platon. Is any Greek here who received an e-mail?

AntoU Jan 28th 2020 7:46 am

Originally Posted by Stanx (Post 12797118)
Just received the invitation email. English test in 72 hours and physical together with interview in the second week of Feb. Good luck everyone!

Good luck Stanx..

IONUT Jan 28th 2020 7:51 am

Hi everyone, i am Ionut from Romania. Yesterday i received my invitation email and few hours afterwards the link for the english test. Cant say it was easy, as an advice, take your time, pay attention and it will be ok. I was kinda in a hurry because i wasnt sure what is comming next and i finished it in 34 min with a 79.8% score. Pretty sure i could have done better. Anyway, in the email it says that they foresee the phisycal and the interview on the second week of february, on two consecutive days. These damn push ups are killing me, 31 seems like 310 for me. Good luck everyone.

scrubbedexpat092 Jan 28th 2020 7:54 am

I just got this email. "Thank you for your email and interest in joining our Agency.

Please note that the screening of applications is still ongoing. Due to the large volume of applications, Frontex regrets that only candidates invited for the tests and interviews will be notified about the outcomes. In addition, the period between the closing date for the submission of applications and the final shortlisting of candidates for an interview may take more than two months.

Please also find the timetable for the recruitment process below:

Shortlisted candidates will be invited to take the online English language test which will take place between the second half of January and the first half of March 2020. Candidates will be evaluated on their knowledge of grammar, speaking and writing. The test will last for approximately two hours and candidates who succeeded will then be invited to pass the physical aptitude tests which will be held in Warsaw between the second half of January and the first half of March 2020. Candidates who successfully passed the physical tests will be invited for interviews which will take place the day after the physical tests. However, medical checks will not take place at this point. Candidates will only be invited to undergo these medical checks if they have been offered the position - between March and April 2020. Selected candidates will be able to sign the contract with the Agency only once their medical checks have been approved."
I think there is another batch of English tests being conducted at the start of March. They must be splitting the recruitment into two groups.

Stanx Jan 28th 2020 8:05 am

Originally Posted by IONUT (Post 12797124)
Hi everyone, i am Ionut from Romania. Yesterday i received my invitation email and few hours afterwards the link for the english test. Cant say it was easy, as an advice, take your time, pay attention and it will be ok. I was kinda in a hurry because i wasnt sure what is comming next and i finished it in 34 min with a 79.8% score. Pretty sure i could have done better. Anyway, in the email it says that they foresee the phisycal and the interview on the second week of february, on two consecutive days. These damn push ups are killing me, 31 seems like 310 for me. Good luck everyone.

Congratulations for your result Ionut. Haven't received the link yet. What's the total time for the Eng test? I understood it's writing and speaking as well.
Solved the push-ups with loosing some weight. Not difficult.
The abs are coming right as well.

Platon2020 Jan 28th 2020 8:11 am

Originally Posted by IONUT (Post 12797124)

Hello my friend !! I wish you good luck !!! I would like to ask you , how they certified your id , during the test ?

IONUT Jan 28th 2020 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Stanx (Post 12797130)
Congratulations for your result Ionut. Haven't received the link yet. What's the total time for the Eng test? I understood it's writing and speaking as well.
Solved the push-ups with loosing some weight. Not difficult.
The abs are coming right as well.

the test had a 50 minutes time cap. I spoke & wrote nothing. I just clicked the answers.